Official Attendance Vs. Troy

UNTflyer

Guest GrayEagleOne

There is no way that there were 18,000 people there tonight. There were lots of empty seats around us in Section E. The only way there could have been an attendance of over 18,000 would be if they counted tickets sold instead of fannies in the stadium.

BINGO!!!!!!

i believe thier might have been 18,000 thier...the student section was the most packed this season since the TULSA game...i was very suprized when my friends got thier a 6 and couldnt stand next to me becuase it was so full....2 weeks ago vs ULL they showed up at 615 and had no problem sitting next to me...the student secton was packed....says alot that they came out to support an 0-7 (now 0-8) team.

The weather for homes games so far has been excellent. If it's decent for the Ark State game we may set a game-attendance average record (unbelievable during a season like this). Imagine the attendance we could have had with some wins this season?

If we we were 5-3 would would be at 25K ave.

Don't kid yourself about the weather to attendance ratio for that last game. There will be no one there. I repeat no one. That is a terrible game date for u of nt right after thanksgiving. Students are at home with the family watching aTm vs ut. Fans done care enough to show up unless we are clenching a bowl birth. Even if we are on a 3 game win streak with clear skies and a high of 80 low of 75 forecast, there wouldn't be 10,000 at the game. We might have 15k show up if Mean Joe suits up and Fry grabs a headset. Terrible date for the apathetic green.

I would guess that the number is pretty darn close to being accurate. Our numbers come from the scanners. A lot of people came in for a quarter or two and left. Maybe there were only about 15K in the stands at any one time but 18K walked through the gates. Season tickets not used are also counted into that number but our season ticket base is under 5K. Even if only half of those holders actually came into the game, that would be only 2500 extra on the number... which again, puts us over 16K for the game. Show me a team in IA, that with an 0-7 (now 0-8) record brings out 18K fans for a game and I will show you a VERY healthy program. The state of the program is very strong. I brought my g/f to the game and she could not believe the atmosphere. When we left at halftime, the parking lot was filled with a downright party. Tailgaters galore, campers, fires, cooking, people playing football, drinking, partying - just everything that you would expect to see at a big time football university. We have come a LONG way... the game atmosphere completely makes up for the poor play. It is worth the trip to Denton just to see old friends, hope for a little excitement on the field, and to enjoy the pre, during, and post game festivities. I was very proud of my alma-mater yesterday, despite the play on the field.

Dirty Savage--Were you there last night and 2 weeks ago against FIU ? I thought before the attendance numbers were announced that the 2 games were similar. Even my wife commented as to the attendance being similar to the previous game. If we can catch some good weather against Arkansas State we should set a season attendance record.

Thank you Students

GO MEAN GREEN

Can you imagine what the attendance numbers would be if we could count the police arriving when someone gets the crap kicked out of them DJing while the game is going on?

Also, can we just revisit the whole "clenching a bowl birth" thing? I have no witty comment, but I'm not ready to let it go yet.

Can you imagine the attendance if we could count the parking lot? We had a tent in the Mean Green Village. The historically black fraternaties were all out partying and having a blast with literally a couple hundred plus people around the tents (until the fights broke out and po-po rolled in). Unfortunately, I don't think a single one of those folks actually attended the game. I don't think many of the sigma nu's near us did either.

To be fair, I don't think anyone from our tent attended either, so I am not calling these frats out specifically. I couldn't get anyone from our group to go inside the stadium at gunpoint if I had to. I guess the difference is that we were only 15-20 people and not a couple hundred. We had our two tickets scanned and that is about it. I never saw a single play.

And yet that's exactly what you just did. Well done!

I went to the game and I left after the first drive of the second half. Mostly because going to the Tavern and drinking is an infinitely more entertaining way to enjoy homecoming than watching uninspired football. I've given myself a pass from watching bad football after sitting through the entire OU debacle last year and the raping at Rice this year.

I don't blame anyone who didnt feel like staying and watching this. Especially when there are so many other things to do in Denton on homecoming weekend.

Can you imagine what the attendance numbers would be if we could count the police arriving when someone gets the crap kicked out of them DJing while the game is going on?

Also, can we just revisit the whole "clenching a bowl birth" thing? I have no witty comment, but I'm not ready to let it go yet.

I seem to recall another post about this, but it seems to have been flushed away.

Don't kid yourself about the weather to attendance ratio for that last game. There will be no one there. I repeat no one. That is a terrible game date for u of nt right after thanksgiving. Students are at home with the family watching aTm vs ut. Fans done care enough to show up unless we are clenching a bowl birth. Even if we are on a 3 game win streak with clear skies and a high of 80 low of 75 forecast, there wouldn't be 10,000 at the game. We might have 15k show up if Mean Joe suits up and Fry grabs a headset. Terrible date for the apathetic green.

That may be true... but I'll be there.

I'm a man of medicine, no wait, ShopMeanGreen is a real man of medicine, and he is a pediatrician. He may know what a bowl birth would look like!! He could help you out!