Are We Really Eating Lunch?

Right now I don't think we are.

Lots of traffic at the office microwave to heat up my frozen meal

Don't get me wrong, I hope I get to heat it up but right now it's not looking good.

• Downvote 1

Right now I don't think we are.

Lots of traffic at the office microwave to heat up my frozen meal

Don't get me wrong, I hope I get to heat it up but right now it's not looking good.

At least you have something in hand...I'm still waiting for the lunch runner to go pick up my chicken lettuce wraps from Taste of Asia.

I don't feel too good about lunch right now. The restaurant we've been eating lunch in for half a century is old and dilapidated and all we get is promises of a new restaurant. Add that to the fact that the waitress who has the most contact with the lunch crowd is a total biatch and you can see why not many people are choosing to eat lunch with us.

I don't think that you guys grasp the reality of the situation.

While you are still hoping for some meat to put on your little 'wish' sandwiches, the guys in San Antonio and San Marcos have already ordered catered lunches from Risky's Barbeque and Jason's Deli.

How in Hell do you expect to be able to compete with that type of Smörgåsbord?

The problem with lunch is that everyone shows up early and congregates outside the breakroom. Sure the chitchat is nice but because everyone automatically assumes that lunch is gonna suck they just head back to their cubes with an empty stomach. Even further compounding the problem, those who do eat incessantly complain to others about how unsatisfying it was.

How will we ever break this cycle?

You "people" are out of your damn "minds"... Everyone knows that the last chef this restaurant had not only left the kitchen in "shambles", he also left the "cupboard" totally empty!

All you negative nellies need to quit "crying" about your "lunch" and support the chef 100%. The local "restaurant" "industry" has gotten so much more "competitive" that it's unrealistic to "expect" any meals so soon.

Besides, won't the food taste that much more "delicious" after we've waited 3 or 4 "years" to eat lunch?

You "people" are out of your damn "minds"... Everyone knows that the last chef this restaurant had not only left the kitchen in "shambles", he also left the "cupboard" totally empty!

All you negative nellies need to quit "crying" about your "lunch" and support the chef 100%. The local "restaurant" "industry" has gotten so much more "competitive" that it's unrealistic to "expect" any meals so soon.

Besides, won't the food taste that much more "delicious" after we've waited 3 or 4 "years" to eat lunch?

I think its perfectly fine to blame the old chef. He just kept making the same thing over and over and over....... Everyone in the damn place knew exactly what he was going to serve.

I really liked the back-to-back quotations marks.