Who Will Lose By More?

emmitt01

I know the LSU game will get ugly, it's part of the growing pains. But will we get beaten by more than SMU will? Considering that Rice lit them up and Tx State would have lit them up for even more than they did (and possibly beaten them had they not fumbled on their first few possessions) will SMU'd "D" give up more than ours? Don't think that Mike Leach will call off the dogs at any point during their game because he's trying to get that offense untracked...and what better way than against SMU's corners?

Tech's offense has not lived up to it's potential in the first 2 games. It is quite evident here in Lubbock that Leach is not happy with the performance. Tech has never let up on anybody. If Tech can score 100 points and get 1000 yards passing to make their stats look better they will. I predict the Tech offense will be more productive in the third game of the season and the SMU score will be Tech by 50 at half.

I know the LSU game will get ugly, it's part of the growing pains. But will we get beaten by more than SMU will? Considering that Rice lit them up and Tx State would have lit them up for even more than they did (and possibly beaten them had they not fumbled on their first few possessions) will SMU'd "D" give up more than ours? Don't think that Mike Leach will call off the dogs at any point during their game because he's trying to get that offense untracked...and what better way than against SMU's corners?

Is this what UNT football has come down to...comparing how bad we will lose to someone else, like SMU....surely we have not sunk this low.

I've watched the SMU defense practice. They are not much better than ours right now. No pass rush to speak of, and the corners play 10 to 12 yards off receivers just like ours are once again doing. They face the JJ run-and-shoot offense every day in practice. They just dont have the horses to hang with Harrell and the four-wide sets. LSU will probably lay 60-plus points on us, but the beating will stop early in the fourth quarter. TTech will keep hanging points on SMU until the final gun sounds, and then they'll attempt a field goal while the fans are leaving the stadium? No love loss between those two programs. Michael Crabtree wants to go pro after this year and needs a break-out game. My guess....

LSU 63 - NT 17

TTech 79 - SMU... one whooped-a$$ bunch of Ponies.

GMG!!!

Tech's offense has not lived up to it's potential in the first 2 games. It is quite evident here in Lubbock that Leach is not happy with the performance. Tech has never let up on anybody. If Tech can score 100 points and get 1000 yards passing to make their stats look better they will. I predict the Tech offense will be more productive in the third game of the season and the SMU score will be Tech by 50 at half.

How is that GREAT defense doing out there that everyone has been raving about?

This thread is really disappointing to me and smacks of retreat and surrender when questions such as this are asked. I share everyone's frustration in the fact that UNT is not winning at the moment and more in the fact that UNT looks a bit "unsettled" on both the offensive and defensive side of the line, but now is not the time to be thinking like this...much less posting it and discussing such comparisons. Yes, UNT has a way to go to be where Coach Dodge, RV and certainly all the players want to be.

But, don't ever kid yourself into believing that the players, coaches, adinistrative types do not read this board. This type of "comparioson" does nothing positive.

I am not "kicking" anyone for starting this thread...it's fair and make for some interesting comment to say the least, but I just call your attention to the fact that no one associated with the program at UNT is any happier than the fans are with the state of the program on the field the last two games. However, there is much to be pleased about and many positives to believe in for the future.

So, who cares how many points SMU might get beat by in their game with Tech???? I hope SMU does well...it could help "liven" up the entire metroplex when it comes to college football if SMU were a decent program. It would that much more satisfying for the Mean Green nation when UNT plays them again and BEATS them.

GO MEAN GREEN!!! Find the positives...they are there if you just look!

threadblows.jpg

Are we REALLY wasting bandwidth trying to figure out which one of Texas' worst teams will lose by a bigger margin this weekend? Really? Seriously? I mean, I'm not dreaming this thread up in my mind am I? If I am, it's a scary dream.

...and obsess much over SMU? We really give a rat's ass how badly they lose when we're taking the poundings we are right now? REALLY?!?!?!

I've watched the SMU defense practice. They are not much better than ours right now. No pass rush to speak of, and the corners play 10 to 12 yards off receivers just like ours are once again doing. They face the JJ run-and-shoot offense every day in practice. They just dont have the horses to hang with Harrell and the four-wide sets. LSU will probably lay 60-plus points on us, but the beating will stop early in the fourth quarter. TTech will keep hanging points on SMU until the final gun sounds, and then they'll attempt a field goal while the fans are leaving the stadium? No love loss between those two programs. Michael Crabtree wants to go pro after this year and needs a break-out game. My guess....

LSU 63 - NT 17

TTech 79 - SMU... one whooped-a$$ bunch of Ponies.

GMG!!!

SMU will score some on Tech--their defense is still suspect. E.Washington scored 24 on them in Lubbuck. Tech's offense will score on almost all of their possessions, so I will say 66-24 Tech. As for the LSU-UNT game, well, they can name the score. They will score at least 70--bank on that. The hard part about this is the fact that in previous trips down to Baton Rouge, we have scored 1 touchdown--in 3 games. The last time we played there, we scored 3 points. I don't have the energy to look this up, but I believe that the most points we have scored against the Big 3 (UT, OU, and LSU) over the last 10 years has been 10 points. LSU will absolutely annihilate us--no surprise there. But I doubt very seriously that we will score a point down there. I guess we will see. I think LSU wins this 73-0 or something like it. Be prepared for the "We need to fire Dodge" voices to really pick up after this, which is still ridiculous. This thing is gonna take awhile to get turned around. 0-12 or 1-11 are not out of the question.

SMU will score some on Tech--their defense is still suspect. E.Washington scored 24 on them in Lubbuck. Tech's offense will score on almost all of their possessions, so I will say 66-24 Tech. As for the LSU-UNT game, well, they can name the score. They will score at least 70--bank on that. The hard part about this is the fact that in previous trips down to Baton Rouge, we have scored 1 touchdown--in 3 games. The last time we played there, we scored 3 points. I don't have the energy to look this up, but I believe that the most points we have scored against the Big 3 (UT, OU, and LSU) over the last 10 years has been 10 points. LSU will absolutely annihilate us--no surprise there. But I doubt very seriously that we will score a point down there. I guess we will see. I think LSU wins this 73-0 or something like it. Be prepared for the "We need to fire Dodge" voices to really pick up after this, which is still ridiculous. This thing is gonna take awhile to get turned around. 0-12 or 1-11 are not out of the question.

Until we start winning, there will always be calls for the coach's head, regardless of who it is. At this point in time, it is premature to be calling for Dodge's head. I think many people are starting to have to face the fact that this is going to take longer than most expected. But seriously - I don't think LSU is going to score 70 and we will at least kick a field goal.

I have to give some props to Emmitt though, enlight (proper word use there?) of what we have seen the past two weeks, this is a pretty interesting discussion. Now if we can just figure out a way to get Gordo to ask this question to Georgio tomorrow?

Edited by GoMeanGreen1999