2008 And 2009

BIG DAWG

I have been a season ticket holder for 7 years, and a free student for 4 years prior to that.

I ask this question, "Can I blindly support this program if improvement is not made?"

I know many of you will say, "Yes, you should always support the program, through thick and thin if you are a real fan."

My response is if I continue to support mediocrity, and we all do the same, will we ever get past mediocrity?

I went and saw the model stadium today, and was really fired up! How do you think students will vote after today?

I am a HUGE North Texas fan. I do not see how I can be anymore of a fan. I have two season tickets, one of which I cannot give away most days. I am going to have my first kid in February and went and bought clothes from the bookstore to bring him/her home in, I have a room in my house that is riddled with NT memorabilia, my office filled with NT stuff, I make one road trip a year (K-State this year), and I tailgate every game. I am not just your average fan. It hurts me when NT loses.

I am more than aware that the student athletes are giving their all.

My question is, if we don't get a stadium started by the end of the 2009 season, and by the end of the 2009 season we still aren't winning games, and I mean 7-5, or 8-4, what is there for us?

I thought we had QB stability for the next 5 years with Giovanni playing the next 3 and Riley playing the following 2, but that is gone because we burned his redshirt tonight playing him at WR. Now you open a inevitable QB debate with his redshirt burned.

Do we have a direction? I really do not see any after this performance today. 56-26??? To Tulsa??? I know Tulsa is not some slouch, but I had no idea that they would beat us this bad.

We killed DD for games like this. When do we hold Dodge accountable for games like this? The offense should know the system by now right??? Don't think that just because we scored 26 that all things are right...the dogs were called off late...it could have been worse...much worse.

If we can't show something by the end of the 2009 season, and dirt isn't turned by then on a new stadium, I will no longer renew my season tickets. That is how I will support my team...showing that it is unacceptable to think that we will blindly support this team without something in return to reward our support, whether it be wins or a new stadium.

I have been a season ticket holder for 7 years, and a free student for 4 years prior to that.

I ask this question, "Can I blindly support this program if improvement is not made?"

I know many of you will say, "Yes, you should always support the program, through thick and thin if you are a real fan."

My response is if I continue to support mediocrity, and we all do the same, will we ever get past mediocrity?

I went and saw the model stadium today, and was really fired up! How do you think students will vote after today?

I am a HUGE North Texas fan. I do not see how I can be anymore of a fan. I have two season tickets, one of which I cannot give away most days. I am going to have my first kid in February and went and bought clothes from the bookstore to bring him/her home in, I have a room in my house that is riddled with NT memorabilia, my office filled with NT stuff, I make one road trip a year (K-State this year), and I tailgate every game. I am not just your average fan. It hurts me when NT loses.

I am more than aware that the student athletes are giving their all.

My question is, if we don't get a stadium started by the end of the 2009 season, and by the end of the 2009 season we still aren't winning games, and I mean 7-5, or 8-4, what is there for us?

I thought we had QB stability for the next 5 years with Giovanni playing the next 3 and Riley playing the following 2, but that is gone because we burned his redshirt tonight playing him at WR. Now you open a inevitable QB debate with his redshirt burned.

Do we have a direction? I really do not see any after this performance today. 56-26??? To Tulsa??? I know Tulsa is not some slouch, but I had no idea that they would beat us this bad.

We killed DD for games like this. When do we hold Dodge accountable for games like this? The offense should know the system by now right??? Don't think that just because we scored 26 that all things are right...the dogs were called off late...it could have been worse...much worse.

If we can't show something by the end of the 2009 season, and dirt isn't turned by then on a new stadium, I will no longer renew my season tickets. That is how I will support my team...showing that it is unacceptable to think that we will blindly support this team without something in return to reward our support, whether it be wins or a new stadium.

Right now, tonight, mediocrity sounds pretty good. Cause we are way freaking far away from mediocrity.

What is wrong with holding TD accountable??? We roasted the guy who won 4 conference chapionships, and I won't say that I didn't lead those charges, but I don't believe TD should be void of the same criticism

If we go into SBC play 0-4 I believe we'll start hearing a lot more criticism heading TD's way. My patience is wearing a bit thin and I can sense other people's patience waning as well.

Right now, tonight, mediocrity sounds pretty good. Cause we are way freaking far away from mediocrity.

yip, we are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay off from mediocrity. I just sat stunned at the halftime break. I expected Tulsa to put points on the board, but I didn't really think we would be down 42 to 10 at the break. Unreal.

This Tulsa team is good, but their Defense is horrible. We made them look like a top notch defense in the first half. I don't get it.

Try sitting through 35 years of NT football and you'll be beyond frustrated. Tulsa and K-State will both be getting top 25 votes soon. We know how LSU is. The real test is how we fare against the SBC. Right now, we look as bad as last year. I hope the freshman learn quick because it could be another long season if we don't find some players soon.

If we go into SBC play 0-4 I believe we'll start hearing a lot more criticism heading TD's way. My patience is wearing a bit thin and I can sense other people's patience waning as well.

I'll be absolutely shocked if we don't enter SBC play 0-4. Rice is pretty damned good. Btw, what the hell happened to our offense that we had vs. Navy last year? Does the lack of Brandon Jackson and a couple of other contributors on offense really make that much difference? I'm hoping that we are ready to explode and at least be as good as last year on offense, but I really don't see that happening anytime soon.

A couple of side notes:

UAB put up more offense against Tulsa than we.

Rice is kicking moderate ass.

ULM almost beat Arkansas.

FAU killed UAB, who, again, did much better than we against Tulsa.

Middle Tennessee took out Maryland (no huge victory but one I wouldn't have expected).

ASU 83, Texas Southern 10. Not a major team, but still, to beat ATM and then put up 83 points against ANYBODY...

We need to get really good, really fast. Burn all the redshirts, for all I care, if it will help. Otherwise, we're looking at another extremely long season.

I'll be absolutely shocked if we don't enter SBC play 0-4. Rice is pretty damned good. Btw, what the hell happened to our offense that we had vs. Navy last year? Does the lack of Brandon Jackson and a couple of other contributors on offense really make that much difference? I'm hoping that we are ready to explode and at least be as good as last year on offense, but I really don't see that happening anytime soon.

We are putting the ball on the turf too damn often on special teams and with receivers. Two passes last night were sure touchdowns if Riley and Sam Roberson catch the ball. I think the offense is in decent shape. Things are just not clicking. Maybe the receivers are just trying too damn hard to make plays instead of just making the catch. Roberson is no where near Brandon Jackson. Washington in the slot made some big plays with his speed and Stickler was out with his injury. Last night we had two proven wideouts in Dibrell and Casey and that's it.

I say we do make TD accountable.

But I also say we give him more time. It takes more than 1 year to show improvement with a team stacked full of vets. It'll take more than that with a team that's bringing into, and pushing to the frontlines a lot of rookies. It's going to take time.

But 4 years, no.

With 2 wins last year, and maybe 3 wins this year, 5 is probably the most you can plan for next year, so he gets at the very least 4 years.

This has been a discouraging start...no doubt.

A new coach should atleast be given the time to get his first recruiting class into upper classman status... his guys in his system for 2 solid years before you should expect positive results on the field. If we start next season off like this one, I will be running out of material to sell my wife on season tickets continuation for dodge's 4th year....

In my opinion, the 3rd season is where you should really be counting wins and losses. To date, progress is hard to detect, which is not helping my optimism.

Lets hope another year of this d-coordinator will help that side of the ball.... lots of young guys there.

I have them winning 4 this season also, though after the first two games, I can't find 4 teams left that I think we can beat.

I think we will have 4 wins still...

We have played two really good teams. 0-2 is where I thought we would be, although hoped for 1-1.

1-3 (beating Rice) is how I expect us to come out of our OOC games.

KSU has improved over last season with a 2-0 start. I don't think anyone expected us to win this game.

While Tulsa is not considered a bodybag game, they still are a really good team. Tulsa was 10-4 with bowl win against a good Bowling Green team last year and there were no signs that they got worse in the off season.

While this is Dodge's second year, it's basically a restart for the defense. There has been some progress this year and the season is not even close to being over. I think there is rust on our offense that we did not expect to be there, but the team seemed to start gelling in this game and will only get better as the season progresses.

I have season tickets to both football and basketball. I don't see giving them up anytime soon! Even if we go 2-10 again which is not what I hope or want, I just love gameday at NORTH TEXAS!!!

While this is Dodge's second year, it's basically a restart for the defense. There has been some progress this year and the season is not even close to being over. I think there is rust on our offense that we did not expect to be there, but the team seemed to start gelling in this game and will only get better as the season progresses.

I saw some glimmers of some very great things on Saturday - on both sides of the ball. I think it's a matter of getting consistency AND preventing mistakes and pointless penalties.