Who Would Be On Your North Texas Mt. Rushmore?

UNTLifer

I agree. I struggled with that, but I never got to see Mean Joe play for NT. I had a hard time choosing between Cobbs and Quinn, by the way.

"Mount Rushmore" would be for historical significance, not based on who you saw play. I never saw Ty Cobb play baseball, but I would be comfortable saying he was one of the best ever.

Ya know, we kid around about a Mt. Rushmore, but this idea might make a nice detail on a portion of the new stadium if done subtley, or maybe on a pedestrian plaza outside the stadium. I wouldnt entertain the idea of some huge obnoxious sculpture of anything. But I could something similar to the relief carvings that are on Fouts now. Big piece with maybe more than just 4 mt rushmore types.

Greene, Fry, Fouts (since he was the first) Odus Mitchell, Haynes, etc

Edited by trud1966

DD maybe if he had exited here gracefully, Not to take anything away from his accomplishments

As someone who grew up in New England and attended NT from 00-04. I cant estimate the impact some of the others had outside Hayden, Mean Joe and Abner

So for me

Hayden

Abner Hayes

Mean Joe

Patrick Cobbs

Honorable Mention to Norval

Also when the mythical stadium appears Rick V will have to get consideration

where in new england did u grow up....im originally from New Hampshire.....

Marilyn Marin - Arguably, the best woman athlete in NT history, dominated soccer for four years

Joe Greene - Only consensus All America, easily the most recognized NT athlete in history

Abner Haynes - Great football player, but gets on Rushmore for breaking color barrier at NT and state

Don January - Key part on only NT national championship teams

If the mountain were larger:

Steve Ramsey - Set more NCAA records than any other NT athlete

Joe Hamiltion - Best player on best NT basketball team when playing in the best conference in the nation

Jack Sisco, Hayden Fry, Otis Mitchell - All great NT football coaches

Guest Aquila_Viridis

"Mount Rushmore" would be for historical significance, not based on who you saw play. I never saw Ty Cobb play baseball, but I would be comfortable saying he was one of the best ever.

Oh I didn't know it was taken so literally, maybe that's because those are not football players on the real Mt. Rushmore, not to take away from the actual sporting capabilities of the great presidents who are there. (FFR, do you have any clips on that? OK OK, you are probably younger than me; couldn't resist.)

And as for Ty Cobb, well maybe you should heighten your skepticism; they could have made it all up. Didn't you ever see 'The Running Man' or 'Total Recall' or even 'The 6th Day' for Heaven's sake? (And to think this is the governor of the most populous state. Sort of makes you wonder what the 'real' Mt. Rushmore might look like in the future....Yikes!)