Which Would Be A Sweeter Victory In 08, Ks Or Tulsa?

Tulsa is no given as long as Paul Smith is at QB. That guy has been terrorizing opponents for years. In fact, this thread has inspired me to do some research by eod tomorrow. I think it will be nice for you all to see.

K-State might be sweeter for the W, but Emmitt is right: if we lose to the Golden 'canes then it will be null and void.

Is it a given now that Paul Smith is a Jacksonville Jaguar?

Mind you I'm assuming this was an either or question.

I gotta go with Tulsa too. If we were to beat KSU every person on this board would need to buy bigger underwear because of the 7 day stiffy we'd have, and the local media would notice...and perhaps even the national media would squeeze a mention in between Pete Carroll's haircut and Joe Pa mummification.

If we then turn around and lose to Tulsa all of our stiffies would go away, the students would turn away for the rest of the season, the local media would go back to blowing Mack Brown 24/7 and the national media wouldn't even give it mention because they, like everyone else, would say "KSU was a fluke, same ol' North Texas."

Are you trying to draw Quoner offsides with all this stiffy talk? :unsure:

I would like to have wins over both K-St, and Tulsa.

Would North Texas winning over K-St have the same impact as

Troy's wins over MO and Okie State? Heck yes, any win over

a Big 12 team gives North Texas creditability. As far as that

matters, any win North Texas can make happen in the 2008

season will give creditability, especially going into Coach Dodge's

second season. Pulling off a big upset vs Big 12, or a SEC team,

will bring tons of reconition to North Texas and the FB program.

Tulsa, I just want pay back after the whipping they put on us.

For that game, everyting Tulsa had worked, and next thing you

know the game was a runaway. This year will be different for

North Texas, because I can see the improvement in the team.

I like our chances vs Tulsa this year. I would like to see this

series continue.

I know many of you have followed North Texas football long enough to see us provide the first win (in a 1-10 season) for Bill Snyder at K-State. Feel free to refresh my memory; was that the one where they tore down the goalposts? It had been a long winless spell for them, so I'm thinking yes. That was the first of many wins for Snyder at KS, and may have had some morale boost that helped them succeed in making that program the success it became. It certainly wouldn't be easy to win one there in the Little Apple, but I don't think it's as far fetched as winning in Norman would have been last year. Considering the success of their program since that game almost 20 years ago, and the way they played last year, beating Texas and Colorado, it would be a major accomplishment coming out of there with a win. We last beat them in 1985, and are 1-3 against them overall.

I think we all know too much about the way Tulsa has played us recently; with blowouts in a home and home series 2005-2006. Many have mentioned Steve Kragthorpe going in and taking a 1-11 team in 2002 to 8-5 in 2003. However, he went 4-8 in 2004, so maybe it took the proverbial third year to make him look great. In his third year at Tulsa, North Texas was their first win, and they went 9-4, beating Fresno State in the Liberty bowl. Of course they beat us in 2006, their, went on to an 8-5 record for their first consecutive winning seasons since 1985-1986. Of course they looked outstanding in 2007 as well under Todd Graham, with a 10-4 record, losing to Oklahoma, Central Florida (twice), and UTEP by a point, and ending by blowing out Bowling Green in the GMAC bowl. We last beat them in 1969, and are 6-15 against them overall.

My money is on us taking Tulsa down by a touchdown before the largest crowd in the history of Fouts Field, and starting a new winning tradition for North Texas, much as we helped K-State and Tulsa get started with theirs. I think we won't beat K-State next year, but will in 2010 in Denton, whether Fouts or whatever our new stadium will be named.

How can you even compare K-state and Tulsa?? This question is a no brainer.

How can you even compare K-state and Tulsa?? This question is a no brainer.

Hi, Top Brain Man. I'm guessing there's a question in there, so I bolded it.

I wasn't asking for a comparison of KSU and Tulsa, I was asking about which game meant the most to UNT, because:

1. We're playing KSU first and Tulsa second to start next season.

2. Each of them has whipped North Texas in the last two games we've played each of them (doesn't THAT make you happy?).

3. Each of them had historic wins against North Texas (KSU ending a 2 year losing streak in 1989, and Tulsa starting a 3 year run of bowl appearances in 2005).

4. Silly me, I'm just thinking that if other teams can have wins which are perceived as significant turning points by their fans (I guess that's why KSU fans tore their goalposts down), so can North Texas.

Oh, and overall against KSU, Tulsa is 11-6, winning the last 8 in a row; maybe that's why KSU hasn't played them since 1982. Yes, Tulsa is 15-6 against North Texas, winning the last 6 in a row, but we don't give up that easily.

Cheers, Mr Happy!

Edited by eulessismore