The Drive: Texas State's Campaign To 1-a

• 2 weeks later...

Do I see railroad tracks next to the stadium? Why weren't those in the drawings?

In the drawing of the press box and suites, I think the tracks are just out of view to the left. The artist left out a lot of background detail as theres a busy road that should be to the left also.

In the "Master Plan" picture I posted a while back, rail road tracks would currently go through the bottom of the picture, but I think so would Aquarena Springs Drive a lot more than it shows, so I don't think the picture is supposed to be super realistic at this point. I guess take it up with the artist? ;)

Edited by TxStBobcat

Nice stadium...congrats to the Bobcats. I can't wait to see the same sort of photos posted as we follow the construction of UNT's new stadium. Drawings of "what if's" are just that...some artist's conception of what he/she has been told with some preliminary discussions with "parties that be". I have rarely seen such drawings that are not without some "stuff" left out or added in. "Locals" always find those little differences and some seem to make a much bigger deal out of it than it is. Texas State's new stadium is looking great, and so will UNT's when it gets to that stage in the next few months....well, when it gets to that stage! :rolleyes:

It will be so very much fun to watch this new stadium being built. I'll smile each and every time I go by it recalling all the time. effort and support it took to get it built.

GO MEAN GREEN!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think that they had 14K (reported) for their home opener... and those are usually inflated a bit. I don't understand it - All that work - those awesome new facilities - and only 12-14K show up for the home opener? They still have a little ways to go but I hope they get there. The administration seems to want it, the students don't mind paying for it, but will anyone actually go to the games?

Edited by stebo

I don't understand it - All that work - those awesome new facilities - and only 12-14K show up for the home opener?

Maybe if they didn't have to drive all the way to Bozeman, MT for their home games, the attendance would be better! :lol:

Angelo State 28, Texas State 48

7:00 PM ET, September 5, 2009

Bobcat Stadium

BOZEMAN, MT

But seriously folks, how does ESPN get that wrong?

I think that they had 14K (reported) for their home opener... and those are usually inflated a bit. I don't understand it - All that work - those awesome new facilities - and only 12-14K show up for the home opener? They still have a little ways to go but I hope they get there. The administration seems to want it, the students don't mind paying for it, but will anyone actually go to the games?

I don't think the stadium holds a lot more than that. I drove by just after kickoff on the way to Wimberley and the stands looked pretty full.

Edited by Eagle1855