Mitchell To Join Unt Coaching Staff

Harry

Other than a 2002 WNBA draft bio, can anyone find out what she's been up to since she finished school? Has she been involved with the game in any capacity?

Loved watching her and RR play back in the day. Hope her success on the court translates to the sideline.

For awhile I believe she was an assistant coach for the Fort Worth Tycoons, which has featured several former NT players.

why? is it just because she's a former player or will she bring some quality coaching experience with her?

I think being a former NT star certainly helps and its good that we do have a person that is home grown a part of the coaching staff. It certainly cant hurt and if she is around a good staff then she will benefit greatly as well.

i'm not trying to bust on you cmj, but just by hiring a former player helps her build on our tradition??? i don't get that. i would think winning during the regular season and then extending that into the postseason would help our tradition.

i'm not trying to bust on you cmj, but just by hiring a former player helps her build on our tradition??? i don't get that. i would think winning during the regular season and then extending that into the postseason would help our tradition.

Linking Stephens to arguably our greatest all time player equals respecting our tradition(as meager as it may be with our limited success).

Who do you think NT should get for the third assistant coach position? Most teams other than the super rich fill the last position on their coaching staff with a young and yes less expensive person with growth potential. It makes excellent sense IMO to fill this position with an alumni and in this case maybe the best player every to play at NT. Who do you think will be the best salesman for the university, a honored letterman or a coach with no prior association with the university?

Linking Stephens to arguably our greatest all time player equals respecting our tradition(as meager as it may be with our limited success).

cool...i respect that...but i still don't see how hiring a former player respects our tradition. maybe i'm stupid or something...who knows!

Who do you think NT should get for the third assistant coach position? Most teams other than the super rich fill the last position on their coaching staff with a young and yes less expensive person with growth potential. It makes excellent sense IMO to fill this position with an alumni and in this case maybe the best player every to play at NT. Who do you think will be the best salesman for the university, a honored letterman or a coach with no prior association with the university?

a letterman would be a better salesman for the university, i was just inquiring why she would be so great given the fact that she has very limited coaching experience. i've got no problem with the hire, i was just curious

cool...i respect that...but i still don't see how hiring a former player respects our tradition. maybe i'm stupid or something...who knows!

Didn't I just explain it? It means Stephens is not trying to pretend like the Slinker years did not happen(some coaches come in and blow everthing up) and has invited the shining star from the Slinker years onboard HER regime...thus linking the past to the future.

Didn't I just explain it? It means Stephens is not trying to pretend like the Slinker years did not happen(some coaches come in and blow everthing up) and has invited the shining star from the Slinker years onboard HER regime...thus linking the past to the future.

cool....sounds good. i hope it proves to be a great hire.