Search For Coach Narrows

MCMLXXX

Does anyone know what Rene Hanebutt is doing now? As head coach at TWU, she achieved a Johnny Jones type turn-around. Hanebutt immediately took a near dead program to respectability. TWU went 14-14 and 11-16 during her two years there. Then she resigned to go into private business.

If she wants to return to coaching...I think she would be a good candidate.

More about Hanebutt: LINK

Does anyone know what Rene Hanebutt is doing now? As head coach at TWU, she achieved a Johnny Jones type turn-around. Hanebutt immediately took a near dead program to respectability. TWU went 14-14 and 11-16 during her two years there. Then she resigned to go into private business.

If she wants to return to coaching...I think she would be a good candidate.

More about Hanebutt: LINK

taking a dead program to not-even-five-hundred is a JJ like turn-around?

Can you elaborate on that, please?

TWU joined NCAA Division II in 1982-83. Since then they have had two winning seasons, the last was in 1989-90. After that, I think 14-14 and 11-16 looks very good. If it is not a turn-around, may we call it taking TWU to the next level?

From 2007 TWU Athletic Site:

TWU Director of Athletics Chalese Connors spoke highly of Hanebutt’s contributions to the Pioneers’ basketball program over the last two years.

“In a short time, Rene has brought our team to a new competitive level on the court and she’s strengthened our recruiting presence,” Connors said. “She also embraced Denton and made sure TWU basketball student-athletes, as well as student-athletes from our other four teams, were known out in the community. I thank her for all this and wish her the very best. I know she’ll be successful in whatever she does and she’ll always be a TWU fan.”

I think she is a good candidate. Hanebutt is a member of the Texas Basketball Hall of Fame. She has great name recognition. I bet there isn't a girl's high school coach in the state of Texas that hasn't heard about Rene Hanebutt.

TWU joined NCAA Division II in 1982-83. Since then they have had two winning seasons, the last was in 1989-90. After that, I think 14-14 and 11-16 looks very good. If it is not a turn-around, may we call it taking TWU to the next level?

Why did she resign after only two seasons to go into private business, and why do you think she wants back in coaching? I agree with others that 25-30 is not a very impressive record to get to jump up to the NT job. I want someone that has coached a team to the NCAA Tourney (ie Capps). If that's great for TWU, the new coach at TWU must be great too, last season they were 12-15.

I hate to disagree with my buddy Buford Julep.....but I think we can do a lot better than the former TWU coach.

We just lived through 19 years of Tina Slinker....and her overall record was under .500.

I'd like to think we could at least hire someone whose record is north of that mark.

Edited by SUMG

I hate to disagree with my buddy Buford Julep.....but I think we can do a lot better than the former TWU coach.

We just lived through 19 years of Tina Slinker....and her overall record was under .500.

I'd like to think we could at least hire someone whose record is north of that mark.

Amen.

Would ya?

Would I hire her to coach a college women's basketball team? Yes.

In three years of coaching, Chatman led the Lady Tigers to three consecutive NCAA Final Fours.

Chatman’s 47-3 record is the second best record through 50 games in women’s basketball history.

Look, even if the allegations are true (which I believe they probably are), she would be guilty of having a relationship with a former player. Not anywhere has there been mention of anything innapropriate happening with a current player. These are two adults, which would have known each other for several years, ran in a lot of the same social circles, and had an interest in basketball.

I really don't see the reason for the big fuss, it may not have been the family values image that LSU wanted to promote, but it is the reality of women's sports.

Would I hire her to coach a college women's basketball team? Yes.

In three years of coaching, Chatman led the Lady Tigers to three consecutive NCAA Final Fours.

Chatman’s 47-3 record is the second best record through 50 games in women’s basketball history.

Look, even if the allegations are true (which I believe they probably are), she would be guilty of having a relationship with a former player. Not anywhere has there been mention of anything innapropriate happening with a current player. These are two adults, which would have known each other for several years, ran in a lot of the same social circles, and had an interest in basketball.

I really don't see the reason for the big fuss, it may not have been the family values image that LSU wanted to promote, but it is the reality of women's sports.

It could affect recruiting both as a positive and negative. Positive because of her winning and coaching experience, negative because I know parents who would not allow their daughter in that situation knowing a coach was like that.

I would too....I would too :)

The greendog here would go for Coach Chatman in a NY minute. For God's sakes

in a day and age when Obama is calling for change, what a great statement for

NT to show that we are trying to do what is right because of the slavery issue

that happened 150 years ago.

Coach Chatman made a little personal "mistake" and got caught. If we don't

believe in second chances then we probably are going to end up with no coach

at all. Everyone has a few skeletons in their closet.

Look, winning is everything in college athletics. I believe in following ethical

rules as per the NCAA but a person own sexual interests are their own and no

one else's.

We had a male assistant men's bb coach here at NT whose wife had an affair

with one of the football players. We can't be the moral judges for everyone.

Go coach Chatman. Just promise to be more discreet next time.

For God's sakes in a day and age when Obama is calling for change, what a great statement for

NT to show that we are trying to do what is right because of the slavery issue

that happened 150 years ago.

Holy F**K!

Do you talk like this in RV's office?