Mean Green Vs New Orleans

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

on a side note Slinker threw out another stinker and assisted the Lady Privates in ending their 6 game losing streak. Which begs the question how the hell did the women end up doing well enough to earn a Home Game in the Tournament?

We had a good stretch in the middle of the season where we won 5 of 6 or something.

Does anyone in this league know anything about other conference members? We're playing in the gym because our 10,000 seat gem is still under repairs from Katrina.

Obviously we weren't aware. Don't get your panties in a wad.

No, I knew UNO was playing in a temporary gym. You really gotta feel for those kids. And fans really. Though I really despise UNO because for whatever reason they seem to beat us(tonight excepted) - I truly respect everyone related to the school and program for what they've had to overcome.

I'm not 100% sure the tiebreaker between FAU and UNO(because 2 different sites listed it differently), but I think they're the #7 seed. If that's the case, I can see the Privateers getting on a run. If Bo gets hot, they could easily take their home game and upset UALR to get to the semifinals.

(EDIT: Sunbeltsports.org has them listed officially as the 8 seed. Not as conducive to a run, though with Bo....anything is possible)

The SBC tourney is really wide open. Obviously USA is the prohibitive favorite being at home and WKU is a smart 2nd choice - but I can see a few other schools(including us) making serious runs if things go our way.

All I know is we're the Champs till someone knocks us off.

Edited by CMJ

Most fans are very hard on Howerton, including myself, both at home games and on this board. I want to acknowledge publicly the important role and great play he had in our win against UNO... Howerton put up 7 points on 3/6 shooting (50%), 5 rebounds, and 1 block in 12 minutes.

Edited by chrisfisher