Good Pr For Micah Mosley And Unt

DeepGreen

"Three years from now, Nederland running back Micah Mosley may be going through paces at the NFL Combine. At least that’s the impression I got from talking with University of Texas head coach Todd Dodge on Friday. Mosley, who divided time with senior Jamario Thomas last season as a true freshman, is the team’s No. 1 running back going into spring drills which open March 6. “I can’t begin to tell you how excited I am about what I can seeing Micah doing here the next three years,” Dodge said. “He’s gotten bigger and more explosive from his work in the weight room and he’s just the perfect fit for what we want to do in our offense.” Dodge was also pleased to note Mosley posted a 4.0 grade point average in his first semester in college. Mosley’s black teammates at UNT, by the way, have tagged him with the nickname “White Lightning.” As a freshman, Mosley averaged 4.9 per carry while rushing for 461 yards and 5 touchdowns."

West Column

Edited by DeepGreen

"Three years from now, Nederland running back Micah Mosley may be going through paces at the NFL Combine. At least that’s the impression I got from talking with University of Texas head coach Todd Dodge on Friday. Mosley, who divided time with senior Jamario Thomas last season as a true freshman, is the team’s No. 1 running back going into spring drills which open March 6. “I can’t begin to tell you how excited I am about what I can seeing Micah doing here the next three years,” Dodge said. “He’s gotten bigger and more explosive from his work in the weight room and he’s just the perfect fit for what we want to do in our offense.” Dodge was also pleased to note Mosley posted a 4.0 grade point average in his first semester in college. Mosley’s black teammates at UNT, by the way, have tagged him with the nickname “White Lightning.” As a freshman, Mosley averaged 4.9 per carry while rushing for 461 yards and 5 touchdowns."

West Column

does anyone remember when Todd Dodge became the head coach at the University of Texas....because i pretty sure he is the head coach here at the University of NORTH Texas.....though i could be mistaken. ( no sarcasm here at all!)

He was probably referring to North Texas as the university of Texans, you know the school in Denton that has more Texans enrolled than any other college. UT-Austin and A&M both have larger enrollments but they both also have significantly larger populations of out-of-state students and international students.

Good report on MM. By the way, any idea what "White Lightnings" 40 time is?

Another bit of that report that caught my eye for those interested.

Did somebody say smoking gun? According to a story in Saturday’s Houston Chronicle, there may be a photo or photos linking Roger Clemens to the 1998 party at Jose Canseco’s Miami mansion that was part of Brian McNamee’s testimony and that Clemens swore under oath he didn’t attend. The photo allegedly belongs to a now 20-year-old who was then 10-or-11, was at the party and had pictures taken with Clemens. The kid and his family reportedly weren’t going to come forth with the photos but got so disgusted after watching Republican congressman Dan Burton bash McNamee they changed their mind. If the photos are legit, Clemens may need that pardon from President Bush . . .

Liar liar pants on fire.

Rick

Speaking of "White Lightning" it would be great for Micah and UNT if he could have a Jacob Hester sort of career!

They are similar height and by the time Micah gets to be a Sr. he may wll add the extra 20lbs that Hester has on him currently. Key difference is that Micah is a full time RB not a Fullback so his numbers could even be better!!! All we need to do is get him some beef up front to clear even a crack for him.

He was probably referring to North Texas as the university of Texans, you know the school in Denton that has more Texans enrolled than any other college. UT-Austin and A&M both have larger enrollments but they both also have significantly larger populations of out-of-state students and international students.

I hate to interject "facts" into this thread, but UT still enrolls more Texas Residents that UNT enrolls students. According to this news release, UT enrolls 46,993 students of which, 80.8% are in-staters. That would equate to appx. 37,970 Texas residents enrolled at UT compared to the appx 34,200 students renrolled at UNT. (BTW. appx 92% of our students are Tx residents/

At A$M, according to their Fall 07 figures (look at page 8 if you are really interested), 46542 students are enrolled at Aggie, of which 14.74%, or 6861 are out of staters leaving 39681 as Tx residents. Thus, A$M presently holds title as the supposed "University of Texans", unless U of H has some outrageous percentage of Tx residents. But it is U of H, I am in the admissions business and I dont care enough to go through the U of the Third Ward website and page through their numbers. I think i might be too depressed...

Edited by Peacock

West Column

question....isn't his nickname racist? north texas just got away from racist accusations and here we are reveling in the fact that one of our running backs has a nickname based upon the color of his skin. me, a white guy, thinks it's funny, but should we really be that happy that his nickname is something like "white lightning" and not flash or speedo or something???? i'm not trying to hijack this thread, but i'm not too keen on all this publicity about the nickname...just a thought...

question....isn't his nickname racist? north texas just got away from racist accusations and here we are reveling in the fact that one of our running backs has a nickname based upon the color of his skin. me, a white guy, thinks it's funny, but should we really be that happy that his nickname is something like "white lightning" and not flash or speedo or something???? i'm not trying to hijack this thread, but i'm not too keen on all this publicity about the nickname...just a thought...

If you want to over-think something, sure, you can find anything to be upset about. If you want to live a long, happy and stress free life, you will forget what you just wrote and not concern yourself with a nickname that *gasp* has a color in it.

If you want to over-think something, sure, you can find anything to be upset about. If you want to live a long, happy and stress free life, you will forget what you just wrote and not concern yourself with a nickname that *gasp* has a color in it.

i'm living a long happy life and could care less.....it's just that the university just got cleared of this very thing. of course, racism isn't serious unless it's too a minority....who knows....just thinking out loud..

Edited by radiogreen

I thought of homemade liquor and the George Jones' song when I read it. If you are looking for racism, you can twist just about anything or any statement to seem racist. I choose to equate most to liquor and good times. B)

i'm living a long happy life and could care less.....it's just that the university just got cleared of this very thing. of course, racism isn't serious unless it's too a minority....who knows....just thinking out loud..

I know you are, but IMO there is no reason to call attention to a harmless nickname.

You ask if the name is racist? Not sure if I'm qualified to determin what racism is, typically we only hear about one way racism via the news but since you asked, check with his teammates since they came up with the name..............as they like to say "go to the source to get to the root of the problem."

"Mosley’s black teammates at UNT, by the way, have tagged him with the nickname “White Lightning.”"

Heck, I thinks it's sorta funny.

You ask if the name is racist? Not sure if I'm qualified to determin what racism is, typically we only hear about one way racism via the news but since you asked, check with his teammates since they came up with the name..............as they like to say "go to the source to get to the root of the problem."

"Mosley’s black teammates at UNT, by the way, have tagged him with the nickname “White Lightning.”"

Heck, I thinks it's sorta funny.

I think it's a great nickname. Now if Jamario's white team mates had nicknamed him "the Black Thunderbolt", then all hell would have broken loose at UNT! :lol: