Job Opening In Athletics

UNTLifer

I see two jobs posted...one is the Mean Green Club Coordinator? Is this a new position to work with mandy or is she leaving the position? Just wondering...

the other is an Assoc. Ath. Director for Development...that is probably Kevinn Fralicks previous position, right?

I ca go with a UNT grad getting these spots, but I can also see bringing in someone from the "outside" without any "pre-conceived" notions of what is and what is not good at UNT. Maybe some new ideas could flow and develop...that is not to say that "new ideas" could not germinate from a UNT grad just as easily...so, my vote goes to the best person we can find for the position...and let's hope that person is a UNT grad!

OK given that it's the offseason, if you DID get this job what would you change, add, etc....?

I'm assuming Mandy either left or is being replaced. What would I do? Treat everyone that is in the Mean Green Club like royalty and get involved in the community of Denton. Those would be my first two steps. Then, I would create a student membership and start attracting future Mean Green Club members now. I would also work with the university's marketing and management departments to secure interns to assist throughout the year.

Again, first and foremost, I would pick up the phone and call every member of the MGC and stress their importance to athletics and get them involved.

I'm assuming Mandy either left or is being replaced. What would I do? Treat everyone that is in the Mean Green Club like royalty and get involved in the community of Denton. Those would be my first two steps. Then, I would create a student membership and start attracting future Mean Green Club members now. I would also work with the university's marketing and management departments to secure interns to assist throughout the year.

Again, first and foremost, I would pick up the phone and call every member of the MGC and stress their importance to athletics and get them involved.

Let's start with basics. Would you show up to athletic events wearing the school colors? :rolleyes:

Edited by SilverEagle

Man, well if Mandy has such a fan club and shes being promoted, I'm sad ill never get the chance to speak with her after I graduate. Was she really so bad?

Yes, She is SATAN. I'm serious, I believe a saw a 666 tattoo on her forehead.

I'm not kidding, you have to look real close, but it's there.

I was excited until I saw someone got a promotion instead of termination. I hope they do send out those surveys on our opinion of the athletic dept. I doubt I'll have any space left when I'm done.

Surveys for our opinions are no different then the dates they have been giving us for a new stadium - they don't care. Surveys are just something they think they can do to make us fans feel better about the job they are doing.

Surveys for our opinions are no different then the dates they have been giving us for a new stadium - they don't care. Surveys are just something they think they can do to make us fans feel better about the job they are doing.

Good call. I didn't think about it that way but you're right. I really don't think they care what we think about those who work in that department and various other things.

I know I'm optomistic and supportive of the athletic department to a fault sometimes, but really, how many times have you heard them mention a survey and not follow through? I've never heard a survey mentioned before. Let's give them the chance they deserve and see how it goes. Let's not shoot then aim.

Edited by GreenExes

I was excited until I saw someone got a promotion instead of termination. I hope they do send out those surveys on our opinion of the athletic dept. I doubt I'll have any space left when I'm done.

Right on I'm always happier when people get fired than when good things happen like promotions.

Come on people maybe some of the crap the athletics department has done over the past few years was disturbing and pointless but at least they're trying and taking steps in the right direction.