Breaking News Horton Commits To U N T !

MeanGreen61

Breaking news -- Horton commits to UNT

I just heard from a solid source that Alonzo Horton, a defensive end from Northwest Mississippi C.C. has committed to UNT.

Horton is ranked No. 91 by Rivals.com among junior college players and will fill an immediate need for the Mean Green.

Check back on the blog later tonight for more on Horton and the return of Gary DeLoach as UNT's defensive coordinator.

And be sure to post your thought on DeLoach's return on the blog.

I'm sure Horton knows who Gary Deloach is.

I'm sure he's been made aware of the players Deloach has coached at DE.

Deloach signs, Horton commits.

Cooincidence? I think NOT!!

There is a serious young man who wants to play on Sunday.

Rivals has him committing to Kansas State - at least it appears that way... so are you guys saying that he visited KSU this last weekend, committed, then decommitted today and committed to North Texas?

http://rivals100.rivals.com/viewprospect.a...766&sport=1

That link doesn't show a commitment to K-state. It's an article saying he visited both schools and liked things about both of them.

Quit scaring people. :lol:

Rivals has him committing to Kansas State - at least it appears that way... so are you guys saying that he visited KSU this last weekend, committed, then decommitted today and committed to North Texas?

http://rivals100.rivals.com/viewprospect.a...766&sport=1

The article title is misleading but the the full article is talking about several player who visited K-State last weekend out of those players a few did commit but it does mention that Horton was still deciding between them and NT.

6'-4" 260lbs and runs a freakin 4.65 40

What a compliment to Gilmore...that is saying Gilmore makes his grades...unlike last year.

You talk about making the secondary better...get two DE's that can rush the passer...instant upgrade without even having a new DB step on the field

Wow, that was quick. Rivals has switched his commitment from KSU to NT. They now have NT listed as a solid verbal. That brings us up to six 3 star players. That is absolutely huge. I cannot believe this class, I really can't. This is better then any class that we ever had with Dickey- including the wonder years.

Noticed Blake Gumm is still not committed, nor Blasey from Navarro. Blasey may be an academic casualty considering he's not showing any schools of interest. Man, if we could now get Gumm to sign on the dotted line, this could be an unbelievable recruiting class.

This would make 6 Three Star committs if it holds. Way to go TD!

I have never seen this level of excitement and strong recruiting in all my years with UNT. I'm so excited I can hardly contain myself, but...I have to keep telling myself these recruits will pay off better in 2009 then they will this year. (Don't read this part DallasGreen, I want to win in 2008 too!) But, 2009 is going to be one heck of a year!!! With Hillary managing healthcare, I hope I can still afford my season tickets in 2009!

Go Mean Green!!

AND half of the three star commitments are on the defensive side of the ball with the other three listed as athletes. The only one that will for sure play on the offensive side is Rodge...the other two were defensive players in high school if I'm not mistaken, I guess the coaching staff was trying to assess a need on the team???

Hells yeah!

This would make 6 Three Star committs if it holds. Way to go TD!

Actually we've got SEVEN 3-star recruits. Troy Franklin is a Scout 3-star and a 5.4 rated Rivals 2-star. 5.5 is 3-star with Rivals & they nick Franklin by .1. With all the good stuff that's been said about his ability, seems that he should have his 3rd star with Rivals also.

Edited by MeanGreen61