Bad P.r. For Smu

MeanGreenZen

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dw...on.2dfef03.html

We know that Dodge and the rest of college coaches are guilty of this, too, but I'm glad SMU really looks like the bad guy here. It is even worse for SMU because this happened to a minority athlete. It is hard enough to recruit minority athletes there in the first place (why would a minority athlete want to go to a school with such a small percentage of minorities enrolled? UNT, on the other hand, is a diversity wonderland with a thriving minority community.) Haha SMU!

Edited by MG Insurance Pro

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dw...on.2dfef03.html

We know that Dodge and the rest of college coaches are guilty of this, too, but I'm glad SMU really looks like the bad guy here. It is even worse for SMU because this happened to a minority athlete. It is hard enough to recruit minority athletes there in the first place (why would a minority athlete want to go to a school with such a small percentage of minorities enrolled? UNT, on the other hand, is a diversity wonderland with a thriving minority community.) Haha SMU!

Ummmm....I seem to recall that we have our own PR issues in relation to the recruitment and coaching/treatment of minorities. :unsure:

Ummmm....I seem to recall that we have our own PR issues in relation to the recruitment and coaching/treatment of minorities. :unsure:

And what exactly was the decision once the NAACP did their investiogation? Nothing that we have heard so it sounds like a bunch of kids did not like being disciplined for the first time.

Baseless accusations with sensationlism by the News Media = Bad Unwarranted Rep for UNT

SMU on the other hand already had issues with inner-city coaches due to the firing of the previous B-Ball coach.

emmitt, other posters on this thread had similar reactions, and yet, you once again attack me because i said "grow up". I never went to college, and my only son, is in his 4th year of serving our country, so DPD officers like yourself, can ramble on about SMU. My only connection to NT, is I am a fan of SLC and TD.

emmitt, other posters on this thread had similar reactions, and yet, you once again attack me because i said "grow up". I never went to college, and my only son, is in his 4th year of serving our country, so DPD officers like yourself, can ramble on about SMU. My only connection to NT, is I am a fan of SLC and TD.

Nope - this is worth mocking. Probably not worth celebrating, but worth a joke.

Thanks for your support of TD. Thanks for having such a civic minded and brave son.

But, again, how does my (or anyone else's) hatred of SMU affect you directly? I'm sure it doesn't but you seem quick to fire off a condemnation...and in defense of SMU? Just noting it.

Edited by emmitt01

Which of the SMU football players is your son? You sure are quick to come to the defense of the over-priced education, haughty, out of touch with reality, ponies...are you not?

I too dislike SMUt, however Emmitt your hatred runs deep...i hope you were not fiddled on by a SMUtster when you were young.

Which of the SMU football players is your son? You sure are quick to come to the defense of the over-priced education, haughty, out of touch with reality, ponies...are you not?

I dont think he is defending SMU but rather pointing out that an entire thread is pointed at making fun of SMU....I would hope that we could grow up a little bit and spend our time being more productive. Much like i have wasted 30 seconds of my life replying to this pointless thread.

the pesky little brother who wants to play with the big boys and sometimes his mom makes them include him. But mostly he just sits on the outside looking in.

Oh, like SMUt in the SWC for game fodder, but not invited to the Big12?

Pony up? :P

Edited by NT80

I hate SMU too, for lots of legitimate reasons...

Mowing their lawns. My NTSU degree only took me so far at Burger King, and so I had to whore myself out in HP.

Their superior football program. Sure, NTSU won twice as many games as the great SMU, but SMU has a NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP!

Getting hit by a sorority girl's car in front of 7-11 on game day 2007.

Being cut-off on I-35 by a BMW with a Pony emblem on the trunk. I meekly sink into my seat, realizing I have once again been bested by a superior species.

Their money, which clearly means they posess inate charisma, strength, wisdom, and level 18 intelligence.

I hate SMU.

Emmitt is the pesky little brother who wants to play with the big boys and sometimes his mom makes them include him. But mostly he just sits on the outside looking in. And that makes Emmitt very angry.

Is that anything like the little brother that has to cheat to win?

Emmitt is the pesky little brother who wants to play with the big boys and sometimes his mom makes them include him. But mostly he just sits on the outside looking in. And that makes Emmitt very angry.

If you don't like what some of our fans have to say about your school then don't visit our board. SMU, where every boy is there on Daddy's dime and every girl is working on her Mrs. degree.

If you don't like what some of our fans have to say about your school then don't visit our board. SMU, where every boy is there on Daddy's dime and every girl is working on her Mrs. degree.

I'll resist the urge to insult your university in return and instead take the high road. Will gladly leave your board permanently. Enjoy your little world of hatred and stereotypes. Hope it works out well for you.

I'll resist the urge to insult your university in return and instead take the high road. Will gladly leave your board permanently. Enjoy your little world of hatred and stereotypes. Hope it works out well for you.

Not trying to run you off, but don't come on our board calling out our fans when the fans on Ponyfans.com are just as insulting towards North Texas. Clean up your own house before you try to clean up mine.

You do understand that many of us have tried to take the high road with SMU, but gave up after 30+ years of insults towards NT from everyone at SMU from their BOR to their present day students.

No, Emmitt is the pesky little brother who the big boys never let play with them...so to pass the time he took their girlfriends and gave them back when he was done. Enjoy your BMW.