Ryan Mallet To Transfer From Michigan - Wants To Come

gangrene

Yes, I know it's a long shot, but a guy can dream can't he?? Here's the article from the DRC.

Before everyone posts about how we already have enough QBs, I should state that I subscribe to the school of thought that you can never have too much competition.

He's a Pro-Style QB which is why he is leaving. Rodriguez uses the spread. So does Dodge. Square peg meets round hole.

we will never have a chance to get him. knowing he would be bettb than any qb we have. plus michigan new coach runs a spread offensive that you need a fast qb to fun. mallet is to slow for michigan offensive. i wish we could get this chance but its about a 0% chance to get him. he is good and i think he is going to either texas or arkansas. i bet arkansas.

Stephenville QB chooses Nebraska

10:47 AM CST on Wednesday, January 9, 2008

By TODD WILLS / The Dallas Morning News

twills@dallasnews.com

Stephenville quarterback Kody Spano, who was told in late-December that his scholarship offer from Oklahoma State would not be honored until June, committed to Nebraska and plans to enroll there for the spring semester.

Oral commitments are nonbinding. The first day a football recruit can sign a national letter of intent is Feb. 6.

Spano (6-2, 208), No. 46 on Rivals.com's Tex

Would Dodge recruit Mallett? Of course he would, he would tweak his offense to fit a guy like that without a doubt.

Riley will probably start in 2008 given his knowledge of the offense and his relationship with his dad. If you look through the bs, Dodge will start Dodge. The only thing that might happen is that Meager or Vizza will play through the "big money games" and then Riley will probably gets his opportunity then.

I have been wrong on this subject before but just guessing.

Would Dodge recruit Mallett? Damn straight he would, if possible. A player like that brings national attention.

Would Dodge recruit Mallett? Of course he would, he would tweak his offense to fit a guy like that without a doubt.

Riley will probably start in 2008 given his knowledge of the offense and his relationship with his dad. If you look through the bs, Dodge will start Dodge. The only thing that might happen is that Meager or Vizza will play through the "big money games" and then Riley will probably gets his opportunity then.

Would Dodge recruit Mallett? Damn straight he would, if possible. A player like that brings national attention.

Dodge would not recruit Mallett cause there no way he would be able to get him. Meager will never see the field again and Vizza will start next year to start the season off. If he does bad you will see Riley step in and start. The battle for qb will start with vizza and how he does will we either see Riley or we wont see him next year. I like vizza he has lots of upside to him. I hope he does well because i believe he is a better qb than Riley.

I can see it now! 4 years from now Unt defeats Nebraska!! Holy shit~

May be UNT's finest 3 hours

Or, we could lose by less than a score to them like Ball State did, find one bad call in the game and then bitch about it for 25 years!

Huzzah! Someone post the video link!

There is no way Riley starts this season. He just had shoulder surgery. Why in the world would you rush a kid back from that when you have a Soph QB who is pretty darn good? You don't. Riley will re-hab this season.

I also don't believe Dodge would recruit Mallet. It may bring national attention but it also forces you to retool an offense you have spent your life creating. Dodge would tweak his O no doubt about that just look at the tornado package he ran this past season but wholesale changes to land a QB that doesn't work with your system would be silly no matter how good the QB is.

Not true. While Rodriguez runs the spread, its much different from what Dodge is doing. Rodriguez puts much more emphasis on the running game and using the QB as threat with his legs, not arm.

Which proves my point. The kid is a pro-style QB - ie doesn't run. Rodriguez runs his QB a lot. Dodge does as well. Not as much as Rodriguez probably but none the less he needs a QB that is mobile.

SO...the guy walks away from an elite program because they will put in a different (read: less stat-friendly) offense ? This should really impress the NFL.

No he walks away from a system for a fast QB not a passing Qb with not great speed which he is. He is making the right choice. Which ever team gets him should be happy cause he will be great player.

Dodge would not recruit Mallett cause there no way he would be able to get him. Meager will never see the field again and Vizza will start next year to start the season off. If he does bad you will see Riley step in and start. The battle for qb will start with vizza and how he does will we either see Riley or we wont see him next year. I like vizza he has lots of upside to him. I hope he does well because i believe he is a better qb than Riley.

No Dodge won't recruit him because Mallet's dad already indicated that he will tour 3 - 5 schools, which include: TAMU, UCLA, Texas and Arkansas.