Replay Of The Game Is On Fsn Now

FirefightnRick

Give me a break? Texas has four 6'10' posts? Stingy Guts! And they have a 6'7'' forward from Africa who was prepped in New Jersey at Blair Academy and his legal guardian is the player personell director for the Spurs? Typical $14 Million vs $1.2 Million budget game. Win at any expense.

The positives so far is that the two announcers can't get enough of Josh White. Folks we may have one very special find in this guy. There's no telling where he may lead us?

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick

The announcers were very kind to are club, even though they are texas homers. The first time I saw white play I couldn't believe we got a guy like this.

Yeah, the announcers gave us a lot of positive talk. Must have mentioned the comeback over NMSU at least 5 times. Referred to Josh White as "amazing" and "Dynamite". I wished we could have kept up that pace towards the end.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick

As great as Josh is, we'll only be as good as the W's in the block allow us to be. Keith dominating the middle and Quincy grabbing the boards are body shot to the opposition. If only we hadn't had foul trouble in the 1st half it coulda been a different game.

But yeah....Josh White is the real deal. And we have him for 3 more years....

Edited by CMJ

As great as Josh is, we'll only be as good as the W's in the block allow us to be. Keith dominating the middle and Quincy grabbing the boards are body shot to the opposition. If only we hadn't had foul trouble in the 1st half it coulda been a different game.

But yeah....Josh White is the real deal. And we have him for 3 more years....

white was one point shy of matching augustin, but augustin does alot to keep them moving... wooden did play a great second half. Had some strong drives in the paint.

Just finished watching it and I think that we're damn near as good as they are. We were just way to tenative in the first half. It was amazing how good we were by the last 15 minutes or so of the game when we loosened up. We get Wooden, White, and Dennis all on the same page from here on out, and I think that we've got something really special here. The only guys that I think are playing way below potential at this point are McCoy and Willingham. White is simply amazingly bigtime, and it's too bad that Wooden had to sit most of the first half. Btw, I think some of the praise directed at us was an attempt to make UT fans aware that they were playing a real team. Not all of it of course, but some of it. It seems that Jim Haller has always been friendly to NT.

The announcers did speak highly of White, which is well deserved, but they mentioned our win over NMSU as being an upset. I don't necessarily agree with that.

I thought they meant upset in terms of coming back from a 21 point deficit...not in overall talent. Maybe I misunderstood the way they were presenting it.

Did anyone know what it was exactly that got JJ so pissed off in the first half that lead to 4 free throws? I remember it being a questionable call, but I think JJ was arguing about something else that had to do with it....that was most upset I've ever seen JJ or any coach for quite some time.

I'll just say that from where I was sitting... it was not a very evenly officiated game.

Eventually, a man just has to throw down his coat and say "enough is enough!"

I'll just say that from where I was sitting... it was not a very evenly officiated game.

Eventually, a man just has to throw down his coat and say "enough is enough!"

The camera guys spent an awful lot of time on sweet, sweet jj after he threw down his coat in such an authoritative manner.

While watching the game I can't help but think of the great experience a matchup like this gives us. We were much smaller but once we settled down we started to run a bit. Still have problems with the press though.

Rick

Game was on live on Directv channel 669. Mean Green showed lots of spunk l