Navy Game

DeepGreen

This post was on the Navy board-

tphuey wrote: "I wonder if NT will be doing anythhing in honor of the Marine Corps Birthday during the game?"

I wonder if the NT band will honor the Marine Corps in any way? To a lot of folks the war in iraq in not popular and I certainly don't want to get political here. But the Marine Corps has been instrumental in providing the freedoms we all enjoy today. I would like to see NT honor them in come way.

tphuey wrote: "I wonder if NT will be doing anythhing in honor of the Marine Corps Birthday during the game?"

I wonder if the NT band will honor the Marine Corps in any way? To a lot of folks the war in iraq in not popular and I certainly don't want to get political here. But the Marine Corps has been instrumental in providing the freedoms we all enjoy today. I would like to see NT honor them in come way.

The war in Iraq, whether someone supports it or not, should have no impact on the appreciation of the US military as a whole. So yeah, I hope the band does something special for the USMC.

The war in Iraq, whether someone supports it or not, should have no impact on the appreciation of the US military as a whole. So yeah, I hope the band does something special for the USMC.

Agreed. I'm very much against the Iraq war...but have the utmost respect for those who serve and have served as Marines (as well as all other branches). The Marines are hardcore and deserve every bit of our appreciation for what they do for our country. Without question, the band (as well as our fans) should go out of our way to show our appreciation this weekend.

Sidenote: I hate it when people rip those of us who are against the war and label us as people who do not support our men and women in uniform. My little brother is in the Air Force, have a really good friend that flies Apaches in the Army, and my best friend just completed his time with the Marine Corps...and I support them no matter where the fight takes them and no matter how much I may disagree with the cause. They swore an oath to protect this country and to follow the orders of our president...no matter how much they or we may disagree with the order given by the Commander-in-Chief.

Edited by JayDub

wow 2 posts and I can see this thread is already on it's way to becoming a mega-asswhip.

Whether or not anyone agrees with any war should have absolutely ZERO bearing on how our troops should be treated- with reverence and respect.

I hope we have a lot of things planned to honor USMC birthday, our veterans, and our troops. It would be nice to have some classy things to write about in Denton after all the bullshit this past week...

What birthday?

I assume Navy is not bringing a band. That is a shame. I'm a former band geek. My high school band marched "military style." Other than

A&M's band, you don't get to see that much. Once you've seen A&M's band perform once, you need not see it again. It's been the same routine since I can remember.

GO MEAN GREEN !!!!!!!!!!!!!

What birthday?

I assume Navy is not bringing a band. That is a shame. I'm a former band geek. My high school band marched "military style." Other than

A&M's band, you don't get to see that much. Once you've seen A&M's band perform once, you need not see it again. It's been the same routine since I can remember.

GO MEAN GREEN !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Navy doesnt have a band, but a drum and bugle corp. (For you non-band geeks, similar to a marching band, but no woodwind instruments, only brass horns = MUCH louder) But to answer your question, I look up on Navy's website to see if the D&B corp was coming to the game. They're not, but they're sending a "pep band", which I assume is a small contingent, but they wont march. Too bad, that would have been great to have the entire Corp there. I always love it when the visiting team brings their band.

The Naval Academy does indeed have a band and it is made of enlisted personnel. They play at formations and similar functions. The Academy Drum and Bugle Corps is made of midshipmen and they are the ones playing at the games. Good thing they are not bringing their band as our tax dollars would be paying for this!

Rick, I used to compute the firing data for the 105mm howitzers back in the day.

cannon_face2_clr.gif

Would that "day" be Viet Nam? If so, could you explain the meaning of the term "click" as it applies to distance? Every time you watch a movie about "Nam", someone is using "click..or clicks" as a term of distance. I heard once that it had something to do with artillery.

Would that "day" be Viet Nam? If so, could you explain the meaning of the term "click" as it applies to distance? Every time you watch a movie about "Nam", someone is using "click..or clicks" as a term of distance. I heard once that it had something to do with artillery.

"CLICK" is kilometer.....GO MEAN GREEN