Could This D. Green Fiasco Be Good

GreenN'walinsVet

There should be no damn race controversy. This has everything to do with Dodge not wanting thugs on the team. Green needs to shut the hell up and own up to his mistake instead of blaming others for what he did wrong. I hope they kick his butt out of school.

kicking off the team would be extreme, but I think he probably lost the respect of his teammates with this accusation. this should have been handled behind closed doors with Dodge and RV. Sad to be out in the open on the front page of the local newspaper.

Just hope it blows over quickly and get ready for Navy

kicking off the team would be extreme, but I think he probably lost the respect of his teammates with this accusation. this should have been handled behind closed doors with Dodge and RV. Sad to be out in the open on the front page of the local newspaper.

Just hope it blows over quickly and get ready for Navy

After our win over Navy next week, this will become old news.

One more thing.

This comes down to the fact that people, for now, still like Dodge, and don't want to see any fault with him or his staff. So if there is a problem, the easy answer is: the kid is a thug.

If this happened last year, when people hated the coach, the easy answer would have been: this is a bad staff who misjudged a good kid.

Let us just remember that in some near point in the future, say 5 to 10 years, every single one of these coaches will probably be gone. The players are Mean Green Lettermen for LIFE.

I don't think the coaching staff is a racist, I don't think this player is a thug. I think the heat of the moment caused things to get out of hand, and it seems to be doing the same on the board.

Ever seen Remember the Titans?

Was the racial tension at training camp depicted accurately in the film?

No. Coach Boone, Coach Yoast, and many players have said that there was tension at camp, but it existed primarily because of competition for positions on the team.

Was the racial tension in the community depicted accurately in the film?

No. Although racial tension did exist in Alexandria, Virginia in 1971, it was significantly embellished for the movie. For example, T.C. Williams High School saw the integration of black and white students when it opened in the fall of 1965, not in 1971. Former students state that many of the racial barriers had been broken down by 1971, when federal pressure resulted in the consolidation of three high schools, one of which was T.C. Williams. In an interview with the Greenville News, the real Ronnie "Sunshine" Bass said, "They (the movie) had a community divided down black and white, and it really wasn't like that in 1971 Alexandria."

Never believe a movie based on a true story.

http://www.chasingthefrog.com/reelfaces/re...erthetitans.php

Edited by UNTflyer

There should be no damn race controversy. This has everything to do with Dodge not wanting thugs on the team. Green needs to shut the hell up and own up to his mistake instead of blaming others for what he did wrong. I hope they kick his butt out of school.

As far as we know, he said he 'was from the hood'. That doesn't make him a thug, and it doesn't mean he should get kicked out of school or off the team. Lets pretend that we all graduated from The University of North Texas and at least act smarter than the comment above. We don't know the whole story. We don't know what has happened. All we can do is trust that things are being taken care of, as I am sure they are.