Dominique Green

DeepGreen

This appears to me to be just another manifestation of the "attitude" problem TD must have inherited and must account for some of the variance in team performance. This is Halloween week and Racism must be coming to the party as a zombie! No matter how many years, no matter how many people of good will, no matter how much education has gone before...some people think they have to play the race card at the drop of a hat. It is so frustrating that it just won't die. This makes me want to vomit!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Too bad...it's a shame when something like this "goes public". You KNOW there is much more to the story than a simple comment about "the Hood"...whatever that looks like in Lawton, OK and Denton, Texas. This "stuff" should have been kept "in house". The ONLY reason to call the NAACP and to go public is to intentionally try to hurt the program that you are a pert of and have been for awhile. Say what you want, the kid should be GONE! It's a team and you keep this kind of thing "in house". And then...AND ONLY THEN...when thigs do not improve do you try this sort of grandstand play. That, my friends is all it is, a grandstand play in an attempt to hurt the program. Sorry it happened. But, seems to me to be just another example of the way things are going in society today. Gee..."he dissed me"...or something like that. What in the "sam hill" does that mean?????? Wait until you get out in the "real world", kid, and see if you get "dissed"? UGH! Way too bad. UNT does not need this sort of thing. I am sorry for everyone in this situation. D. Green is probably a "BMOC" with some of his "buds" right now, but, my guess, he will soon regret this whole thing. But, by then ... damage done.

If you boil it all down, it is probably nothing more than a bit of testosterone flowing in two guys at the wrong time. Give it a rest...work it out...in house...and get back on the field.

Too bad...way too bad for ALL concerned because D. Green, the coaches, etc. are all good "folks", and no one needs this "stuff"! And, no one needs "outside" parties "investigating" ANYTHING! :(

I'm concerned that this perception could hurt recruiting. I believe the coaching staff has the best interest of the players at heart. Perception of this in the media could be a tough thing to overcome.

Rumors floating say that Green had other more major violations going on, I believe that is pretty obvious there is more to this story. We should all wait and see, but from what I have heard so far the coaching staff were well into the correct side of this situation.

Separate note: All race cards should have expired in the USA already, maybe that can be enacted by law.

They were talking about this on 660 KSKY this morning. I don't know the morning host, but he was basically saying how inappropriate it is for a player to take the issue to the NAACP, and how this causes a bad light on the program when there is probably not that much to it.

He also came down on RV for saying this behavior wouldn't be tolerated because it sound like he's already assuming the staff is guilty. Now that I've had a chance to read the quote from RV, I don't think he meant it that way.

Rumors floating say that Green had other more major violations going on, I believe that is pretty obvious there is more to this story. We should all wait and see, but from what I have heard so far the coaching staff were well into the correct side of this situation.

Separate note: All race cards should have expired in the USA already, maybe that can be enacted by law.

I just, can't do it......oh ok I agree with you KingDL :D

Wonder if all this happened right after the DBs were burned on the 51 yard TD pass and Joseph Miller was in Dominque's face yelling "I'm tired of this S***!"

I believe you are correct. Immediately after the 51 yard touchdown pass there was a flair up on the bench and Miller was refrained from "going" after someone, which I assumed to be DG. Mendoza and other coaches broke up the scrum. Lot's of yelling between players and DG did not see the field again. Knowing how TD feels about defensive backs having short memories, my guess is DG's lack of additional playing time was not because he got beat on a play.

I believe TD and staff will be proven innocent of any wrong doing.

I'm sorry KA needed to be gone. That group has had a long history of inproper activity...Not only at UNT but throughout the US....I'm usually pretty tolerant, but this group pushes the envelope and needed the plug pulled. Not saying that all its member are racist, but certainly has some serious undertones and no place for a university setting. I was pretty close to the incident that happened at UNT ...I have no respect for this group. i had threats posted to me when this happened..F'em

you dont know what you're talking about, so lets just drop it. I dont care about KA anymore than I care about a group of Mathletes. My point is, whether racism is actually involved or not, UNT has set a precedence of siding with the accuser- regardless the evidence or severity- and not necessarily the accused. The drive-by media gets a hold of stuff, and the University (or business, or organization) is forced to "save face" in the interest of political correctness or some other touchy-feely BS. I hope this case is different.

The racism cry tarnishes reputations like a rape accusation... no matter what happened, the accused always takes a hit on their character. Thats why- assuming it is false- it disgusts me. How UNT handles this is extremely important as it will ultimately affect Dodge and his ability to recruit. I assume (hope) it will end up being a non-issue after it's all said and done.

It would really be nice to hear some other minority players step up in Dodge's defense.

Gee....in 40 years, we've gone from "Mean" Joe Greene......to "Pissed Off" Dominique Green.

Seriously......I think Eagle 1855's thoughts are right on. Great post, btw.

It should be pointed out, that Joseph Miller who was blasting Dom Green on the sideline....IS ALSO BLACK.

Edited by SUMG

I'm sorry KA needed to be gone. That group has had a long history of inproper activity...Not only at UNT but throughout the US....I'm usually pretty tolerant, but this group pushes the envelope and needed the plug pulled. Not saying that all its member are racist, but certainly has some serious undertones and no place for a university setting. I was pretty close to the incident that happened at UNT ...I have no respect for this group. i had threats posted to me when this happened..F'em

Either you weren't really that close to it or you like to misrepresent facts.

It should be pointed out, that Joseph Miller who was blasting Dom Green on the sideline....IS ALSO BLACK.

Why's he gotta be black???

Oh, becuase he IS black... :rolleyes:

I just wanted to add as much value as this thread (and situation really) has...

Jimmy Cracked Corn...

Guest JohnDenver

WTF?? Where do you come off making this comment? I have never said a racist thing on this board, or any place else for that matter.

Ugh... dude... He was saying you would chime in with some hot sports opinions on race. Not that you are racist or spout of racist talk.

Are the wheels falling off? On and off the field?

Well, on the field for sure. Dodge raised the white flag on the season when he went with a true freshman at QB. It didn't matter; either one QB or the other was going to be an interception machine in this offense. The only difference between the two is timing. Meager threw them in the fourth quarter, Vizza throws them at any point in the game.

We've seen weird personel decisions all season. Guys who used to play a bunch last year relagated to the bench or special teams. Seniors quitting before the season started. You might be able to draw the conclusion that Dodge doesn't have control of his locker room.

It appears, now more than ever, that Dodge and his staff has been unable to get the team to buy into what he is selling. And, honestly, they are not doing a good job of selling to many of us either. The vast majority of the fan base isn't made up of football coaches.

However, it doesn't take a football coach to see the sharp decline in the defense and special team. It doesn't take a football coach to wonder about Jamario Thomas. Why isn't he used more? If his injuries really are lingering, for three seasons, why didn't the strength and conditioning coach and training staff get the same hard look Darrell Dickey got? Perhaps if they'd had some form of cancer our athletic director would have pulled the hook on them. Who knows.

What we do know is that the only improved area of this team is in passing yards. We're still not throwing more touchdowns than interceptions. We're still not consistently producing points from game to game.

The defensive players, I'm sure, are tired of being sent out to execute a scheme that doesn't show results. No question that this is probably part of Dominique Green's frustration. A season ago, he was being coached by a guys with a lot of college experience. Now, he's taking instructions from a guy who's never coached at this level, and whose results, save a quarter here and there, have been poor.

Is there immaturity on Green's part? Yes, of course there is. He's a kid. But, kids are not always 100% stupid or wrong. He's been inside the program for three years now. He's been a part of defenses that worked better than this one, for sure.

Anyway, no telling what all of this dust up will bring. However, to me, it kind of draws the curtain back a little on this team's overall chemistry. And, what it shows is that this team does lack the chemistry necessary to produce a winner. And, it shows that this coaching staff could have a long way to go to sell what it has to the entire team.

Welcome to division I-A football, Coach Dodge and staff. Guess it's a little difference than running a squad full of 15-18 year olds. Huh. Imagine that.