I Am Glad We Are Not Satisfed With Our Performance Thus Far

ipEAGLE

We should expect more... mediocore expectations breed mediocre teams. In the past we have been satisfied for a bowl win or a 8 win season, we have to get to the mindset that we as a group of fans want more!! DO NOT ACCEPT MEDIOCRITY.

To tell ya the truth, a little mediocrity doesn't really sound too bad right now. I'd take 6-6 in a heartbeat! :lol:

We should expect more... mediocore expectations breed mediocre teams. In the past we have been satisfied for a bowl win or a 8 win season, we have to get to the mindset that we as a group of fans want more!! DO NOT ACCEPT MEDIOCRITY.

If NT had two or three donors that contributed $1,000,000 Plus, then I'd agree, don't accept mediocrity. The donations to the Athletic Department are mediocre, why should we as fans expect more?

In other words, GIVE, GIVE, GIVE to the athletic department, then give some more.

Don't even pay attention to the impatience. A few more wins with a unstable foundation = frustration for years. Dodge is doing it the right way and people who are calling for heads simply may not have built things for long-term success before. Let them whine and let them yell when we win. They simply wear their emotions on their sleeve and don't like to keep things under control.

Remember that everyone on here is part of the Mean Green Nation and all are needed to take this program to the next level.

In Dodge We Trust!

Beat mtsu!

GMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just have to say there are so many big-headed alums at UNT. Again we know it is a waiting game but why can we not expect more already? The defense has grown some, but still they gave up 37 points to a Sun Belt opponent. Of course they are trying to break the Top 25, so it is not surprising that UNT shot themselves in the foot, AGAIN, when faced a with a break out win chance.

Will Dodge lead us to the promise land, more than likely so, do most of use want it to take 4-5 years, I sure as hell hope not, if so then we will remain small school waiting for a prince charming Dono to show up that will probably not come unless UNT as a whole expects to compete at a high level. There have been some coaching changes that are moving in that direction, but the school can not wait 3+ years for success. 2007 is already a bust, I guess to lay the groundwork, but 2008 has to be a breakout year for the team, much like what UCF did after hiring O'Leary.

I just have to say there are so many big-headed alums at UNT. Again we know it is a waiting game but why can we not expect more already? The defense has grown some, but still they gave up 37 points to a Sun Belt opponent. Of course they are trying to break the Top 25, so it is not surprising that UNT shot themselves in the foot, AGAIN, when faced a with a break out win chance.

Will Dodge lead us to the promise land, more than likely so, do most of use want it to take 4-5 years, I sure as hell hope not, if so then we will remain small school waiting for a prince charming Dono to show up that will probably not come unless UNT as a whole expects to compete at a high level. There have been some coaching changes that are moving in that direction, but the school can not wait 3+ years for success. 2007 is already a bust, I guess to lay the groundwork, but 2008 has to be a breakout year for the team, much like what UCF did after hiring O'Leary.

Could not agree more. We MUST be competitive at least in the SBC in 2008. Just got back from Troy, and make no mistake they have gone from Division II to a program that is light years beyond that of UNT. Mark this down--- THERE WILL BE NO BIG BUCKS DONOR ON A WHITE HORSE UNTIL THIS PROGRAM PROVES WORTHY. I have been to all games home and away except SMU, and I must say that our SBC brethern with possibly the exception of FIU all have superior personnel and within three years will all have better facilities. Until the administration directs more funds toward athletics, our BOR charges a significant athletic fee realizing that the only loss in enrollment will be parasitic commuters who are not and never will be ambassadors for the university, and alumni recognize the need to give and encourage others to do so, there is no future but 1-AA or abolition of the program. BB has a wonderful oppotunity to become a rallying point as 2007 FB is a complete bust.

The thing I do blame on our leaders is instilling this false hope of being competitive this year to our fans. I have watched NT FB for nearly 50 years, and this may be the worst team ever fielded in that time. Surely some one could see that before the season started and told us the truth--this is going to be a rough year, we have no personnel and no experience, hang with us but expect nothing this year. Fans would have understood and bought in, but to outright lie " there are no more money games, we go to win" "we will have players who look at deficits as opportunities not setbacks" " we ask 100% effort for seven seconds on every play, afterall there are 20 seconds to rest in between plays" " we compete in the SBC which has a bowl game that we expect to be in" If the statements were truly believed by those who made them, then the ability to judge talent is sorely lacking. If they were the lies they have proven to be what has been gained? Our credability to the fans has reached an all time low. It must go up, but it should start with a truthful assessment of the present state of and future of this program and no more hype and lies. Heaven help this team when it enters "Death Valley" at LSU next year. I hope embarrassing whipping is worth the $700K. To quote Larry Blakeney at Troy on his post game show " if you would have told me before this game that we would committ 7 turnovers and still win by 38 points I would have said you were crazy. We will have to step it up when we face real competition against ASU in Jonesboro" Make no mistake there is no SBC team that has our respect. The host fans are great to us on the road and only feel pity as we are the true "sacrificial lamb" of the SBC. One more preseason quote " we certainly don't expect to finish 7th where we were picked"----- probably should have added eighth is much more likely.

Could not agree more. We MUST be competitive at least in the SBC in 2008. Just got back from Troy, and make no mistake they have gone from Division II to a program that is light years beyond that of UNT. Mark this down--- THERE WILL BE NO BIG BUCKS DONOR ON A WHITE HORSE UNTIL THIS PROGRAM PROVES WORTHY. I have been to all games home and away except SMU, and I must say that our SBC brethern with possibly the exception of FIU all have superior personnel and within three years will all have better facilities. Until the administration directs more funds toward athletics, our BOR charges a significant athletic fee realizing that the only loss in enrollment will be parasitic commuters who are not and never will be ambassadors for the university, and alumni recognize the need to give and encourage others to do so, there is no future but 1-AA or abolition of the program. BB has a wonderful oppotunity to become a rallying point as 2007 FB is a complete bust.

The thing I do blame on our leaders is instilling this false hope of being competitive this year to our fans. I have watched NT FB for nearly 50 years, and this may be the worst team ever fielded in that time. Surely some one could see that before the season started and told us the truth--this is going to be a rough year, we have no personnel and no experience, hang with us but expect nothing this year. Fans would have understood and bought in, but to outright lie " there are no more money games, we go to win" "we will have players who look at deficits as opportunities not setbacks" " we ask 100% effort for seven seconds on every play, afterall there are 20 seconds to rest in between plays" " we compete in the SBC which has a bowl game that we expect to be in" If the statements were truly believed by those who made them, then the ability to judge talent is sorely lacking. If they were the lies they have proven to be what has been gained? Our credability to the fans has reached an all time low. It must go up, but it should start with a truthful assessment of the present state of and future of this program and no more hype and lies. Heaven help this team when it enters "Death Valley" at LSU next year. I hope embarrassing whipping is worth the $700K. To quote Larry Blakeney at Troy on his post game show " if you would have told me before this game that we would committ 7 turnovers and still win by 38 points I would have said you were crazy. We will have to step it up when we face real competition against ASU in Jonesboro" Make no mistake there is no SBC team that has our respect. The host fans are great to us on the road and only feel pity as we are the true "sacrificial lamb" of the SBC. One more preseason quote " we certainly don't expect to finish 7th where we were picked"----- probably should have added eighth is much more likely.

50 years and that's the best you could come up with?

I disagree with the sentinments about the talent level on this team. How else can you explain our defense with basicially the same guys, playing nearly the same Troy offense last year and holding them in check most of the game and one stop away from knocking them out of the bowl game last year. The talent is here on this defense. They are proud and have shown quite capable to get it done in the past. I won't give up on them.

God Bless Montey Stevenson and Aaron Weathers.

our BOR charges a significant athletic fee realizing that the only loss in enrollment will be parasitic commuters who are not and never will be ambassadors for the university,

That is the most important part of DG's post right there. Gotta step it up.

Rick

UNT has GOD as the head coach and the first 20 plays of the game goes for 31 yards. Looks like he watched all the film and was ready for Troy. He is a QB coach and Sparky has no idea what he is doing during the game. Lets take 5 or 6 sec. to find the receiver and tell the Oline that they can't block. Lets have the QB run the ball more times then the RBs and see how many yards were can get. This is college ball not high school. Sparky needs to watch and learn. He was poor in the first two games he started but they were against the weakest of the weak and he couldn't find open receivers as they ran all over the field.

I disagree with the sentinments about the talent level on this team. How else can you explain our defense with basicially the same guys, playing nearly the same Troy offense last year and holding them in check most of the game and one stop away from knocking them out of the bowl game last year. The talent is here on this defense. They are proud and have shown quite capable to get it done in the past. I won't give up on them.

God Bless Montey Stevenson and Aaron Weathers.

That is the most important part of DG's post right there. Gotta step it up.

Rick

Troys offense last year was 77th in total offense

Troys offense this year is 15th as of today.

That seems like a big difference to me, but you are not comparing apples to apples!

That seems like a big difference to me, but you are not comparing apples to apples!

Lets see how they do after playing the better SBC teams not UNT, LaLa, ULM these are great teams to build your stats

Lets see how they do after playing the better SBC teams not UNT, LaLa, ULM these are great teams to build your stats

Imagine if they played a school that was currently tied for first in the Big 12 South halfway through conference?

They'd probably tank.

Wow, 12 points a game difference between last years Troy offense and this seasons Troy offense. THAT'S A HUGE!!!!!!!!!!! DIFFERENCE. Sorry, I missed that fact.

Rick

Wow, 12 points a game difference between last years Troy offense and this seasons Troy offense. THAT'S A HUGE!!!!!!!!!!! DIFFERENCE. Sorry, I missed that fact.

Rick

How is it not apples to apples when comparing 2006 Results with 2007 results??? Seems like an easy enough concept?

Should we go back to DD first year then and compare to TD? Maybe take Troy from 1997 also, that would make a good comparision?

Pretty obvious that Blakely has a strong locomotive that has improved a great deal over the past year.

**referencing KingDL post that Rick responded too.**

Sarcasm was noted ;)

Edited by untbowler

How is it not apples to apples when comparing 2006 Results with 2007 results??? Seems like an easy enough concept?

Should we go back to DD first year then and compare to TD? Maybe take Troy from 1997 also, that would make a good comparision?

Pretty obvious that Blakely has a strong locomotive that has improved a great deal over the past year.

Sorry for leaving off the sarcasm alert. It' absolutely comparing Apples to Apples, it's just that my expectations were either too high for our defense or one of the Apples in our barrell went bad on us. One of the two.

Rick

Well that is true, but keep in mind their first 3 games were not a cake walk.

Against Arkansas (at the time ranked 21st nationally) Troy put up 376 yards in total offense.

Against Florida (at the time ranked 4th nationally) Troy put up 336 yards in total offense.

Against Oklahoma St Troy put up 432 yards in total offense.

Against Louisiana-Lafayette Troy put up 568 yards in total offense.

Against Louisiana-Monroe Troy put up 389 yards in total offense.

Against Florida International Troy put up 494 yards in total offense.

Against North Texas Troy put up 493 yards in total offense.

Sorry for leaving off the sarcasm alert. It' absolutely comparing Apples to Apples, it's just that my expectations were either too high for our defense or one of the Apples in our barrell went bad on us. One of the two.

Rick

So you see no difference between a 15th ranked offense and a 77th ranked offense?

Because I see about 62 spots.

Hey, at the end of the day I am trying make you guys feel better and maybe myself.

How would you all feel if we finish the year 4-8? (No predictions no promises just a hypothetical)

How would you all feel if we finish the year 4-8? (No predictions no promises just a hypothetical)

To be honest, at this point record doesn't mean all that much. 4-8, although containing twice as many wins, would not feel a whole lot better than 2-10. What I hope and expect to see through the rest of the season is marked improvement, remaining competitive in each game, and the players giving all they have. If I can see those things, I can at least find a measure of hope in the team regardless of record.

I would feel a lot better about next season if we finished 4-8, but where do you see another 3 wins? This team will be lucky with 2 wins.

On a different note, I guess I really never noticed it, but getting people out to the game on the saturday after thanksgiving this year, for a team with only a couple of wins (if that) could be a challenge.

To be honest, at this point record doesn't mean all that much. 4-8, although containing twice as many wins, would not feel a whole lot better than 2-10. What I hope and expect to see through the rest of the season is marked improvement, remaining competitive in each game, and the players giving all they have. If I can see those things, I can at least find a measure of hope in the team regardless of record.

If this team finishes with 4 wins, that in itself will be a "marked" improvement.