Is It Me Or Are The A Ton More New Members Recently?

SouthBendGreen

Let me first say that I'm not complaining at all.

But I remember a few years ago when the majority of the board was populated by the same regulars. Granted we're all still here, but I seeing a lot more activity from new members. Whatever the reason I love it, but I'm curious if it is mainly SLC followers now following NT? I can tell by some of the login names that's the case, but not all. Maybe there are more students getting into NT football, which is also great. Fell free to chime in old and new alike.

Again, no complaints from me, just curious.

Patrick

Holy Crap what a butcher job I did on the title of the post. My bad on that. Typing quickly gets me everytime. I meant to say is it me, or are there a ton more new members recently?

Edited by SouthBendGreen

Let me first say that I'm not complaining at all.

But I remember a few years ago when the majority of the board was populated by the same regulars. Granted we're all still here, but I seeing a lot more activity from new members. Whatever the reason I love it, but I'm curious if it is mainly SLC followers now following NT? I can tell by some of the login names that's the case, but not all. Maybe there are more students getting into NT football, which is also great. Fell free to chime in old and new alike.

Again, no complaints from me, just curious.

Patrick

Holy Crap what a butcher job I did on the title of the post. My bad on that. Typing quickly gets me everytime. I meant to say is it me, or are there a ton more new members recently?

I think it is a combination of a lot things. More excitement for sure on campus and around town means more people wanting to follow the team. Two people with our tickets are first time season ticket buyers and attenders. Neither one of them went to a game while in school. I think more participation from the students on here too, as well as many SLC fans of Dodge. Someone mentioned on here they were disappointed in the student turnout - there were more students there saturday night than there was in 96 - 99 when I was in school and they definately made more noise than the full alumni side.

Since Jan 1st there have been 407 new accounts registered. Last year for the same period there was 262.

This is the most since 2004, when 402 people registered from Jan 1st to Sep 26th.

We have stats all the way back to 2002, when we switched to this version of board software.

I have to admit I'm one of the newbies. I have been around a long time. I am a UNT grad. While at NTSU I was a walk-on with Hayden Fry, a wrestler with Coach Maughn, a cheerleader, a Talon, NT40 coordinator, a peer counselor, and RA and the list goes on, oh yeah, I did go to class a little :) . I'm currently a proud member of the North Texas Exes alumni organization. So, it wasn't SLC that excited me.. It was UNT athletics and the need to get more involved with a good group of folks that I have a lot in common with!! I have been to hundreds of games over the years and watched pretty much from the fringes. I got on GMG and I saw several things. Good solid insider information, hilarious humor, great analyticial posts, and folks that may squabble a little once in a while but they all support the advancement of UNT Athletics. Then along came TD. WOW! With all that, I had to join. I'm trying not to jump in and act like I have been here for ever. I'd love to be one of the inside GMGreeners but I know that comes with time. So....thanks for letting me be one of the New Ones! Cut me some slack when I can't fingure out just what to say and how to say it. Not to mention how to work all the buttons and whistles.

My hat is off to you veterans! You make GMG the great site that it is!! Keep up the good work, or should I say fun??!!

GO MEAN GREEN!!!

I am still a newbie relatively speaking. As my screen name indicates, I have been following UNT football whole-heartedly for some time. However, I had no clue that this forum existed until I did a web search around the time we were looking for a new coach. I imagine there are still others like me out there who have not yet found gmg.com.