Football Tonight: Okla State At Troy

NT80

I sure HOPE NOT! I am also an OSU grad and Georgia already beat us "between the hedges" (easy on the comebacks and comments on that one folks!), so we don't need another away loss. But, Troy is a good team, and they could certainly win the game, and I don't think a Troy win would surprise that many people. But, I'll be pulling for the Cowboys in this one. I think we should schedule OSU rather than OU if we want a Big 12 game...I think it could build into a really nice home-home situation once we have our new stadium. Before that, we would hagve to go to Stillwater as I doubt OSU would want to play at Fouts...just not big enough. We used to play OSU and I watched us (UNT) beat OSU one year...I think it was at Texas Stadium.....we (UNT) can do it. GO MEAN GREEN...BUT TONIGHT...GO COWBOYS! GO BLACK & ORANGE....

A little OSU trivia....do you know why OSU's colors are black and Orange? Well, I'll tell you...thank you for asking....originally they wanted to be " Princton on the Prairie"...Princton's colors are black and orange....and at one time the mascot was the tiger...ala Princton Tigers. There you have it, sports fans! :rolleyes:

Games like this on a home and home basis are possible now, if we just give up this stupid stance of NEVER playing in TX Stadium, C B, or Jerry's World!!f I see no merit of the stance on this. If it's just to appease Dentonites or students then it's just plain stupid. Why go on the road every year to prostitute for a pay check when local venues are avaialble that would give us at very least a one for two?

Edited by DallasGreen

Games like this on a home and home basis are possible now, if we just give up this stupid stance of NEVER playing in TX Stadium, C B, or Jerry's World!!f I see no merit of the stance on this. If it's just to appease Dentonites or students then it's just plain stupid. Why go on the road every year to prostitute for a pay check when local venues are avaialble that would give us at very least a one for two?

Well with OU & Texas moving over Arlington way in a couple of years why not have a NT/OSU State Fair Throwdown?

Well with OU & Texas moving over Arlington way in a couple of years why not have a NT/OSU State Fair Throwdown?

That's a tremendous idea. Schedule a big pre-game party in Dallas the night before, in uptown maybe (UT used to have a big party in uptown the night before the Texas-OU game, with a huge tent, live music, and food and drink). Get a bunch of people in green and orange going to the fair, going to Dallas restaurants, etc. OSU might do it because it would give them recruiting exposure in Dallas every year that they currently don't get.

And it would be a lot better than a generic home game in September in that sweatbox Texas Stadium.

You do not understand that this school must go to the big schools for the MONEY. We can pay every year in Texas Stadium but we would never get $500,000 to $725,000 from the gate. This is what we will receive for going to LSU, Texas, OU. Now if we could sell trickets for about 50,000 tickets at $25.00 each maybe that would offset the cost of the stadium cover travel cost and leave $700,000 for the fund.

We should never ever play in the Rotten Cotton Bowl. It is such a horrible place to watch a game. I don't care about the 2 million years of pageantry it has, until they change out those seats I don't want NT to cast a shadow on that field until some true stadium renovations take place (and at the pace Dallas is on, it'll be never).

For those of you that want us to play in the Cotton Bowl or Texas Stadium, etc. I'd endorse it if and only if we get our standard 5 home games at Fouts on top of the game at the aforementioned stadium. We should never ever be outnumbered by the visiting team's fans (see aTm and TTU games in Texas Stadium) in a "home" game.

Something else I'd like to see our athletic department start doing ... 6 home games every year. The way we start doing that is by having higher attendance numbers for every game which allow us to start paying teams to come play us instead of us always traveling to some distant school for a game.

One of the very best road trips, EVER was our trip to Stillwater back in '94. Super nice people, plus the fact that we nearly, and should have got out of there with a win made it memorable for sure.

Rick

I wouldn't mind getting a home and home started with Okie state.

Those of you watching the game, please keep those of us updated that can't watch it.

Is it me or does the lead announcer sound bored or uninterested in this game?

Now that Troy is starting to clearly dominate OSU, he seems a little more energetic.... he probably figured Troy would screw this up somehow and was waiting before jumped on the wagon...

Edited by chrisfisher