No $$money$$ Game

El Paso Eagle

PS - Stoops goes to the top of my list as the most classless coach in Football. I now have a team I will cheer against as much as ND

EPE,

I completely agree with you that a game like this really makes you wonder if any money game is worth this. Unfortunately OU is not the only team that does this....weeks 1-4 usually have games like this all over the scoreboard as the big teams play OOC opponents and just whip their arses.

PS - Stoops goes to the top of my list as the most classless coach in Football. I now have a team I will cheer against as much as ND

Just be glad it's not Barry Switzer or Jimmie Johnson in their college days...it could be worse (but not by much)!

Going for the TD on 4th and 1 with 3+ minutes to go in the first quarter when they already had a 14-0 lead was purely classless.

Edited by gangrene

EPE,

I completely agree with you that a game like this really makes you wonder if any money game is worth this. Unfortunately OU is not the only team that does this....weeks 1-4 usually have games like this all over the scoreboard as the big teams play OOC opponents and just whip their arses.

On the other hand, you have ASU and Troy giving Arkansas and Texas fits.

We are 2 more years from being able to at least compete against schools that have so much more talent.

On the other hand, you have ASU and Troy giving Arkansas and Texas fits.

We are 2 more years from being able to at least compete against schools that have so much more talent.

Yup, it's gonna take AT LEAST 2 years...if ever. DD left the cupboard bare. Dodge is really starting from scratch. We have no players, no stadium, no fans, nothing! Edited by GreenEddieNT

Oh PLEASE. Shut the F up and quit whining.

Did Lloyd Carr run it up on 1-AA App St? Is Texas running it up on freaking ASU?? Is Arkansas running it up on Troy???

No.

They can actually walk on to a field and not humiliate themselves. HUMILIATE. Not a strong enough word, frankly.

Worse than ANY Dickey debacle. Freaking admit it. Not close. SHAMEFUL.

That's right.. what is it, a 3 year plan? A 4 year plan??? I guess we're the only ones who need that.

Did Lloyd Carr run it up on 1-AA App St? Is Texas running it up on freaking ASU?? Is Arkansas running it up on Troy???

No.

They can actually walk on to a field and not humiliate themselves. HUMILIATE. Not a strong enough word, frankly.

That's right.. what is it, a 3 year plan? A 4 year plan??? I guess we're the only ones who need that.

No....the MTSU debacle last year was worse at this point. Maybe I won't feel that way in another hour, but that was 35-0 at home against a Belt squad. I was one of the last Dickey supporters until that game(after the conference titles he was gonna have to REALLY lose it for me to not defend him, and he DID).

This is Dodge's 1st game. If SMU is this ugly, then let's just look forward to JJ and basketball. No suicide watch please.

Ok?

Edited by CMJ

Why don’t you go back to the bathroom with your autographed DD picture?

Hey, that's a great point!!! We shouldn't be pissed off in the moment at ALL about being down by half a hundred at halftime....

Unacceptable. To ANYONE.

Sorry you disagree. I expected more.

Remember all that "I didn't come here to lose!" crap??? We better see it in the 2nd half.

Edited by CaribbeanGreen

No.

Appalachian State, Troy and Arkansas State....have all their head coaches for anywhere from 5-18 years. They're not new coaches. This is Dodge's first game.

And, this is no worse than the 65-0 loss by Dickey at UT. The difference? Dickey burned clock...TD doesn't. BTW....that same year that we lost 65-0 to UT.....we won the Belt and went to the NO Bowl.

Edited by Green Means Go!

Appalachian State, Troy and Arkansas State....have all their head coaches for anywhere from 5-18 years. They're not new coaches. This is Dodge's first game.

And, this is no worse than the 65-0 loss by Dickey at UT. The difference? Dickey burned clock...TD doesn't. BTW....that same year that we lost 65-0 to UT.....we won the Belt and went to the NO Bowl.

Hey, and if we do that, I'll be as happy as anyone. Right now, i'm F'n pissed. I'm embarassed and furious. And I have every right to be.

Running up the score can not always be determined by the final score. If you put in 2nd and 3rd team players and keep running basic plays the things can happen. My problem is when you’re up 42-0 and you put in your 2 minute offense and then keep chunking it down the field, that’s what I consider trying to run it up. And yes, I would feel the same way if UNT did it.

Hey, and if we do that, I'll be as happy as anyone. Right now, i'm F'n pissed. I'm embarassed and furious. And I have every right to be.

Yes, You do and I have every right to tell you to take a chill pill. Just give this team some time.

Running up the score can not always be determined by the final score. If you put in 2nd and 3rd team players and keep running basic plays the things can happen. My problem is when you’re up 42-0 and you put in your 2 minute offense and then keep chunking it down the field, that’s what I consider trying to run it up. And yes, I would feel the same way if UNT did it.

This is exactly the point. It is not as if OU has anything to fear from us today at this point. If this were OU/Texas, it would be different

If we were playing a completely overmatched division II team, I would be embarrased if our coach had done the same thing.

we have to remember that no matter what it is our performance... Dam... interception.

that determines our play nd the score, they can't do this if we play.

Yes DD left us with nothing, crap QB, nothing on the lines, no recievers and a good RB with no one to block for him. we have alot to work through.

So stoops is a Di*k, who cares, maybe this will be good for TD! maybe this wil be good for our guys!. We didn't expect to win but we didn't expect to get destroyed like this either. We have to take it, accept it, and move on.