Is That Fouts?

KingDL1

No one else noticed the logo at midfield?

Rick

I saw it, but didn't get too excited because I knew the photo was fake. I see Fouts everyday and I knew there was no logo on the field. I still think the SOW would look great at the 50 yard line, but no one cares what I think.

If no one sits in the first half of the lower sections because you can't see over the players, why would you want to stand pretty much at field level? Wandering the sidelines or helping with the coaches' headset cords like I did in the past was cool, but to be in the stands staring at the jersey nameplates would suck.

If no one sits in the first half of the lower sections because you can't see over the players, why would you want to stand pretty much at field level? Wandering the sidelines or helping with the coaches' headset cords like I did in the past was cool, but to be in the stands staring at the jersey nameplates would suck.

Yep.

Since they often close large section fo the bleachers anyway, let's take whichever endzone that is, and put a set of bleachers (smaller) INSIDE the track in that little semi circle. Then you can let students sit there and have a VERY rowdy group of folks practically on the field and very close to the action. Could make at least one endzone difficult for the opposing team to play in and fun for the NT guys to get touchdowns.

foutsKGs.jpg

Click to enlarge

Is that what you were thinking??

Now that's COOL!!! I can just picture our team in those new white uniforms and white helmets playing on that Mean Kelly Green turf. If Boise State can have their blue turf why can't we have our Kelly Green turf?? The only thing missing from that picture is the sell-out crowd all dressed in...you guessed it...Kelly Green!!

Seems like if we dug out everything within the bowl of the stadium so that the field was well below ground level, added stands in front of the existing home and visitor sides (bringing seating closer to the field as in the doctored pic), and pulled in the metal bleachers (closing in the existing gaps), we might have something semi-decent. Though we'd have to find an alternative to the Mean Green Club party deck. Oh, and of course add SOW on the 50. That mixed with the concourse/restroom renovations taking place. It'd still not be a new stadium, but maybe a lot better than what we currently have.

Seems like if we dug out everything within the bowl of the stadium so that the field was well below ground level, added stands in front of the existing home and visitor sides (bringing seating closer to the field as in the doctored pic), and pulled in the metal bleachers (closing in the existing gaps), we might have something semi-decent. Though we'd have to find an alternative to the Mean Green Club party deck. Oh, and of course add SOW on the 50. That mixed with the concourse/restroom renovations taking place. It'd still not be a new stadium, but maybe a lot better than what we currently have.

Welcome to the board.

A few years back, North Texas did a study to determine whether or not we could renovate Fouts. They found out that because of the water table, it is impossible for us to lower the field.

A place for the Talons reserved section! Yes! We don't have to complain about their "assigned" seats anymore. Sorry, but why not just get there early enough not to have to reserve your seat?

Edited by Cr1028

Seriously. I remember when I running flag, I had to watch the JumboTron or stand at the far ends of the field. When I was in the stands for the last Spring Game, I think we moved up into the 4th or 5th row so we could see over the players. Don't worry, the Talons don't have reserved seats, it's just a matter of getting there first. But from that angle, the field view is very shallow, so it's difficult to see who's lined up at WR or DB on the other side of the field. I really think that the new field needs to be at a lower elevation than the stands by at least 8 feet and probably a deeper angle of seating as well. As much as it slightly freaks me out to be in the nosebleeds at the Rangers field, that is an awesome sight line.

A place for the Talons reserved section! Yes! We don't have to complain about their "assigned" seats anymore. Sorry, but why not just get there early enough not to have to reserve your seat?

Are you the guy in the paper bag trenchcoat or the bird boy?

Instead of complaining constantly, why don't you see it as another service to the University to keep students from sitting in awful seats. Or join up and try to fix whatever wrongs you see. But then, that's being proactive instead of sitting there complaining.

Are you the guy in the paper bag trenchcoat or the bird boy?

Instead of complaining constantly, why don't you see it as another service to the University to keep students from sitting in awful seats. Or join up and try to fix whatever wrongs you see. But then, that's being proactive instead of sitting there complaining.

Neither, I'm just an impartial observer that thinks it is wrong to ask people that actually give a damn about the game to move so you can sit with a "clique" and not actually pay any attention to what is going on with the team. I guess you're too busy planning the after-party while the rest of us are concerned with a 3rd and long draw play.

Neither, I'm just an impartial observer that thinks it is wrong to ask people that actually give a damn about the game to move so you can sit with a "clique" and not actually pay any attention to what is going on with the team. I guess you're too busy planning the after-party while the rest of us are concerned with a 3rd and long draw play.

CR, I'm with you. I'm an older student but I prefer to sit on the almuni side for football. When I went to my first basketball game last year the Talons were quite rude that some "old guy" was sitting in "THEIR" seats. Despite the fact that i stood for the entire game with them, wearing my colors, the comments from the rows behind me made it quite clear that I wasn't welcome in "THEIR" little section.

If I remember correctly, the I-35 frontage road upon TxDOT expansion will run right through the current home-side stands - Fouts is going away, one way or another...

But, I kinda like the Kelly Green grass - we would rival Boise's blue grass! (which gets a lot of publicity, even before Boise was good)

foutsKG.jpg

If I remember correctly, the I-35 frontage road upon TxDOT expansion will run right through the current home-side stands - Fouts is going away, one way or another...

But, I kinda like the Kelly Green grass - we would rival Boise's blue grass! (which gets a lot of publicity, even before Boise was good)

But I want the kamikazee birds! We wouldn't get those :(

Maybe some ravenous deer? they'd be disappointed.