An Even Better Version Of Interlocked Nt Hat!

emmitt01

It boggles the mind why this isn't being used as our primary logo. And whatever happened to the comments posted here some time back that the NT Exes logo Nazis would seek out and vigorously protect any and all modifications to this logo (including removing the word "exes") and sue those companies into oblivion? Has something changed? If so then I see no reason why this could not and should not be our #1 logo.

I just want to know why "Top of the World" hat company is allowed to make this, when another supplier (who is a North Texas graduate) is not allowed.

Pro Line worked up a kick-ass design for Greenstock, but the athletic department and the exes said no.

BTW, the professional representative for pro-line said that if the University would approve the NT star design, they would sell the hell out of those caps.....and thus get the University's name out there even more.

Wish it was all green or all white with just the starred NT on it, and just SOW on the back of the hat near the bottom.

Ditto. I don't like how they have to "trick up" hats like this. I tried this on the other day at Vista Ridge mall and I thought it looked funny on me. The logo on the hat is sweet however. Hopefully these will sell well and the demand will get them to make a more "conservative" version of the hat.

Ditto. I don't like how they have to "trick up" hats like this. I tried this on the other day at Vista Ridge mall and I thought it looked funny on me. The logo on the hat is sweet however. Hopefully these will sell well and the demand will get them to make a more "conservative" version of the hat.

By that last line I take it that you still bought the hat anyways even though it looked funny on you? If so, you can always use it as a gift, but regardless, I hope people are buying these off the shelves. That's the only statement that is going to be listened to when it comes to this design.

And per what SilverEagle posted, The Exes and AD dept said no to that design three years ago, because the university MADE them. And as things seem now the Exes fear repercussions from the university if their wishes are not met due to the rent-free Alumni Center.

If only I were able to sign good, seven figure checks?

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick

By that last line I take it that you still bought the hat anyways even though it looked funny on you? If so, you can always use it as a gift, but regardless, I hope people are buying these off the shelves. That's the only statement that is going to be listened to when it comes to this design.

And per what SilverEagle posted, The Exes and AD dept said no to that design three years ago, because the university MADE them. And as things seem now the Exes fear repercussions from the university if their wishes are not met due to the rent-free Alumni Center.

If only I were able to sign good, seven figure checks?

Rick

Actually I bought the other version of the hat. Probably won't wear it all that much, but it will go with rest of my NT items for display in the office.

If you go to the main page at Lids.com, they are featuring this style hat. But all of the other teams incorporate one of their own colors where our hat has all that grey. Does Lids not know that we have official colors?

If they would do it like the UT hat with our green where the burnt orange is, black in the same spot and the interlocked NT. The gray is bad.

I have a t-shirt I got 3 or 4 years ago when I joined the Exes that has the NT star logo without the word "Exes." White with green logo. Came straight from the Exes, so it has been officially done in the past. Even has the little TM at the bottom of the logo.

GMG!

I like the design, but it really needs to be on a T-shirt rather than a hat. You have to get up real close to see what it says. You can't tell at a glance from any sort of distance, who, or what, that hat represents.

It's just my prejudice, but when it comes to sports team hats, they should have a clear, simple, and bold logo/lettering on it. There should be no doubt as to what the hat represents from someone viewing it across the street.

This most recent LID's hat (made by Top of the World) should have the SOW on the back in Kelly green rather than white.