Review: North Texas Has Ruined Ncaa Football

rcade

rcade vs. Quoner in a cage, Texas Death Match rule. For the most sarcastic on GMG.com.

I'd purchase that pay-per-view, or can we get it for free?

Damn, when do two-a-days start. This off-season stuff is starting to suck.

I'm willing to commit to a non-sensical rivalry if he is. At least until the season starts.

Even though we both originally agreed over Playmaker confusion...

Guest Aquila_Viridis

The truth is, it was not the CEO. My moonlighting as a programmer is just finally paying dividends. My next gig is working for the state accounting office. You think I moved to Austin for nothing?

I'm willing to commit to a non-sensical rivalry if he is. At least until the season starts.

OK. Let's argue over whether Coach Dodge is wrong to deemphasize the draw play on passing downs. As a fan of good punting, I say yes.

OK. Let's argue over whether Coach Dodge is wrong to deemphasize the draw play on passing downs. As a fan of good punting, I say yes.

I think you're way off base, but also looking at this all wrong. Now that we have Dodge, everyone will let down their guard against the draw.

IT'S THE PERFECT TIME TO USE IT.

We lull them to sleep with our boring forward pass, and then unleash the hammer on the ground on 3 and 17.

You're an idiot if you don't agree. Nay, you're an a-hole.

By our nationally recognized, traditional and long standing uniforms of course.

We should start talking about how fun it would be to change those uniforms and what we think of them.

Who's in!!!!????

and Tasty Greek, I can start giving game by game updates on the adventures of my three UNT created players - Rocky Shocker, Red McTaint, and Schloppy Bush if that would help.

Rocky is now a Cleveland Brown with 2 Super Bowl titles in Madden 06, Red is a Detroit Lion with one title in 07, and Schloppy is a junior leading a top #25 team on 07. Who should be the new UNT create-a-player for 08?

Scrunchy McTestes? Andre de Balsac? Hot Carl?

We should start talking about how fun it would be to change those uniforms and what we think of them.

Who's in!!!!????

and Tasty Greek, I can start giving game by game updates on the adventures of my three UNT created players - Rocky Shocker, Red McTaint, and Schloppy Bush if that would help.

Rocky is now a Cleveland Brown with 2 Super Bowl titles in Madden 06, Red is a Detroit Lion with one title in 07, and Schloppy is a junior leading a top #25 team on 07. Who should be the new UNT create-a-player for 08?

Scrunchy McTestes? Andre de Balsac? Hot Carl?

Hot Carl. Then get him drafted by Cleveland. He'll be throwing Cleveland Steamers to Rocky Shocker in no time...and the Browns just seem like the natural fit.

Great suspense....Quoner, do let us know if Schloppy takes it all the way or if someone manages to lick Bush in '07.

Schloppy finally got on the field last night after an eight day vacation to face off against MTSU.

He hit the ground running, literally - with 200 yards rushing in the first quarter on the way to a 28-0 lead. The MUTS did not want Bush to beat them up high, but they were content to let him ironically pound them with the option all day. Once they adjusted, Bush opened up the spread and kept piling it on to the tune of a 56-0 lead at the half.

MTSU was not broken though - and nor was the catch up AI. With a corner back running in the wrong direction because of a computer glitch, the MUTS opened the second half with an 80 yard bomb for a TD, breaking the shutout and opening a flood gate of bad emotions. NT answered with their own bomb, and just to exert dominance, went for 2 and got it. This did not make the ribosomes happy... and led to an exchange of touchdowns and two point conversions that ended with NT scoring on a hail mary with 4 seconds left and going for two, leaving a final score of 106-21.

It's going to be tense up in there house next year, but, you know, that's how Schloppy rolls....

Final stats: 305 yards rushing, 5 TDs on 15 carries; 18-25 for 436 yards and 7 TDs, 1 INT

Next scheduled game is Sunday or Monday against Troy.