Tell Me Your Thoughts...

jperg2

Hey all,

For the past few years now I've had a webpage that I've maintained with assorted North Texas football items of interest but mainly schedules and results (both past and present). With the hiring of T. Dodge in December, and the acquisition of new software, I decided to begin an overhaul of this page. Laid out similar to ESPN's website, I've updated the page to contain, more information than I had available in the past.

My work developing this page has helped me, relieve stress at work and at home during my recent wedding. In addition, I learned a few things about web development I had not known earler, an added bonus to my effort which will help further my career in IT.

Now, I feel it is time to share my work with the rest of you. Take a vist, and tell me what you think, I apprecaite your comments, and hope to continue maintaining it throughout the rest of the season as time permits.

My North Texas website

Credits:

As noted, the page is laid out similar to ESPN's site, and the team logos are from Yahoo! Sports.

Smitty had previously created the North Texas logo you see as well.

Hey all,

For the past few years now I've had a webpage that I've maintained with assorted North Texas football items of interest but mainly schedules and results (both past and present). With the hiring of T. Dodge in December, and the acquisition of new software, I decided to begin an overhaul of this page. Laid out similar to ESPN's website, I've updated the page to contain, more information than I had available in the past.

My work developing this page has helped me, relieve stress at work and at home during my recent wedding. In addition, I learned a few things about web development I had not known earler, an added bonus to my effort which will help further my career in IT.

Now, I feel it is time to share my work with the rest of you. Take a vist, and tell me what you think, I apprecaite your comments, and hope to continue maintaining it throughout the rest of the season as time permits.

My North Texas website

Credits:

As noted, the page is laid out similar to ESPN's site, and the team logos are from Yahoo! Sports.

Smitty had previously created the North Texas logo you see as well.

Just took a quick glance. Looks good. Very good. Loads quickly as well. I like putting faces with names for the coaches - will bio info on them be added? Nice work.

The site looking great very informative and a great layout. I like the links to the conference pages I'd probably add a link to the teams messageboards. Allow ad drop down menu to look at this years recruits but I've gotta say great job; I've got it book marked and will probably use it instead of ESPN for gameday info during the season.

Looks great. One suggestion you might consider is to provide a link to bios of the coaches.

I was just thinking the same thing.

Also I didn't realize how cool the schedule and standings section was it covers every year we've been back in D-1 and you can see the results of every team in the conference I'm impressed.

Something like this would be an awesome front page for gomeangreen.com. With some php tags in it, it could easily be database driven with articles and the like changed on the fly.

The site looking great very informative and a great layout. I like the links to the conference pages I'd probably add a link to the teams messageboards. Allow a drop down menu to look at this years recruits but I've gotta say great job; I've got it book marked and will probably use it instead of ESPN for gameday info during the season.

Your request is complete... oral commitments section added. :)

Also, I have added a link for the coaches bios, pointing to to NT Athletics site. :)

Keep the suggestions coming. I'll see how I can incorporate each on the page as time allows.

Oh, and thanks for the compliments, they are appreciated.

Edited by jperg2

Great looking page. I would suggest a UNT football history page. We do have some history that is worth talking about.

Thats a great idea...many young mean greeners out there are not too familiar with our athletics history besides a few of the obvious ones we always here. If its possible maybe you can include a year by year synopsis with schedules, scores, players that year and etc. Afcourse that will take more work and time but over time if you can do that then it would be absolutely wonderful.

I was just thinking the same thing.

Also I didn't realize how cool the schedule and standings section was it covers every year we've been back in D-1 and you can see the results of every team in the conference I'm impressed.

I totally agree...way cool feature! THANK YOU for working on this...I too will most likely use this instead of the ESPN page. GREAT JOB!!! :)

GREAT page! Have you considered a more permanant home to host it and/or domain name? I'd be willing to donate time, server space, etc to the project if you are interested.

That really looks like the start of something that could be big, especially if it was merged with or co-marketed with GMG.com.

Let me know if I can help in any way. Keep up the good work!