Know Any Bosses Of Large Dfw Corporations?

NT80

92,000 vehicles per day will pass by the stadium location and see the stadium name.... "Your-Name-Here Stadium". Could be: "Southwest Airlines Stadium"?, "Neiman Marcus Field"?, etc.

http://www.meangreensports.com/ViewArticle...p;ATCLID=655037

Ross Perot Stadium

Ross, Jr. owns many, many acres along the I35-W corridor as you go past Texas Motor Speedway and into the Denton City Limits.

Ross Perot Stadium

Ross, Jr. owns many, many acres along the I35-W corridor as you go past Texas Motor Speedway and into the Denton City Limits.

Hmmm... I think Plumm Stadium has a nice ring... The color scheme of the stadium would be very interesting - and AC/DC's HellsBells would be a mainstay on the speakers ;)

Hmmm... I think Plumm Stadium has a nice ring... The color scheme of the stadium would be very interesting - and AC/DC's HellsBells would be a mainstay on the speakers ;)

Please, no more naming snafu's at UNT. :rolleyes: But (to take your suggestion) maybe a few "Hellsbells!" on that jumbotron would be in order over that (forever) beyond decible-tolerable eagle screech someone in the press box seems to be most enamored with. :blink:

A Few Gentle Musings: Hellsbells, FG, how could you have ever known AC/DC was a favorite rock group of mine, unless you (surely you didn't) mean't the other definition? :blink: If so, still for me..............a good, faithful, prudent, and loyal woman is the prefererred choice in that department, although the millions of us who are single guys and have gotten used to it may prefer the complete unadulterated freedom of that co-existance. Heck, I'm running into even more single women who are loving their single-hood after a couple or more disasters of that other fine institution of bliss.

NOW IN A SERIOUS VEIN, SINCE YOUR AFOREMENTIONED POST AND MY PRESENT ONE UP TO THIS POINT HAS NOT BEEN THAT: BUT............. after several decades of spending/investing a small fortune (not near as much as most of you I'm sure); but having done that and after having spent a helluva' whole bunch of time even volunteering personal service (like many of you) on behalf of Mean Green athletics, I feel any of us who call themselves NT Exes & who have hung in with all this for several decades now just want to start seeing some semblance of a return in our investment. To he honest, many of my post the last 2 years probably have that very thought and theme in the back of my mind as I posted and many times I just couldn't get this similar theme ouf of my thought-processes: "After all these decades, just when is any of this going to start happening at my alma mater, but even moreso...................when is it going to start happening in a non-Bottom 25 sort of way?"

WELL............I THINK THAT VERY MAGIC TIME HAS FINALLY ARRIVED & TO QUOTE ELVIS (and another poster who posted the same): (FOR MANY OF US)........................ IT'S NOW OR NEVER.

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

I've been partial to Interstate Stadium, or Interstate Battery Stadium for some time. It would be named for Interstate Battery, but would also tie in to Plumm's "between two Interstate highways" as well as telling the address within the name.

To paraphrase that cowboy car salesman on TV, "We don't care what you name it folks, just name it." er, build it

Oh, and by the way, there is a N T Exes membership meeting scheduled for July 18. Toga, toga !

Edited by greenjoe

I've been partial to Interstate Stadium, or Interstate Battery Stadium for some time. It would be named for Interstate Battery, but would also tie in to Plumm's "between two Interstate highways" as well as telling the address within the name.

"Prime inter-state real estate" but what the "hellsbells" meanjoe, you're close enough! :lol:

We have to keep our sense of humor at NT Exes, now don't we?

I mean I've started getting even more religious about all this while praying that Rick V & Co. find a Big Donor who will build our future football palace so darn big that even the Big 12 has to start checking us out! :rolleyes::D

Your one of our best, greenjoe, and it's been an honor (Your Honor) to know you thru the years. (Now, how about another bicycle deal for your old friend PMG)? :P

IT'S NOW OR NEVER BUT I'M BETTING THE FAMILY FARM THAT IT'S..................NOW!

PS: Whoops! Sorry, ForneyGreen, I'll start trying to throw in more rainbow colors. :blink::)

PS II: Holland Field @ Mark Cuban Stadium? (Heck, all the fines M. Cuban has paid Commish' Stern would be enough for us to start turning dirt tomorrow for a new stadium).

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

Actually a little known one that sits in the back of my mind. We work with a client that if any of you ever drive down 635 near Central, there's a building on the South Side of Central with "Lending.com" on the top, all 4 sides. The guy paid an estimated 6 million JUST to secure the name "Lending.com" This place seems to have a ton of capital, and rumor has it, that the owner graduated from UNT.

Actually a little known one that sits in the back of my mind. We work with a client that if any of you ever drive down 635 near Central, there's a building on the South Side of Central with "Lending.com" on the top, all 4 sides. The guy paid an estimated 6 million JUST to secure the name "Lending.com" This place seems to have a ton of capital, and rumor has it, that the owner graduated from UNT.

Not wanting to over-dramatize any of this, but it is such posts as trud1966's that lets UNT officials know where some of our wealthiest alums can be located. We are in a very mobile society and alums from many colleges don't take the time to inform their alma mater of their newest mailing addresses.

"If" the Lending.com owner is (in deed) a UNT graduate, someone needs to (with great haste) let UNT AD Rick Villarreal know about this ASAP. One of UNT's metro numbers is: (817) 267-3731 or 3732 (or at least that used to be the main campus switchboard). And of course UNT athletics 1-800 number is on most MG athletics correspondence.

The thing that has amazed me over the last several decades are all the multi-millionairre NT Exes we have out there. In times past, all you would hear from some of our officials was that all NT Exes were dirt farmer poor. Nothing could be further from the truth and most of you who've been around the Mean Green scene for awhile know this.

Edited by PlummMeanGreen