Can Someone Confirm This Or Is It A Fluke?

DeepGreen

Interesting dilemma if Riley were to switch.

More news about another SLC player:

SL Carroll WR commits to Oregon

05:10 PM CDT on Friday, June 29, 2007

By DAMON L. SAYLES / The Dallas Morning News

dsayles@dallasnews.com

Southlake Carroll wide receiver Blake Cantu has orally committed to play football for Oregon.

Cantu (6-0, 191) chose Oregon over several schools, including North Texas and former high school coach Todd Dodge. Texas Tech, New Mexico State and Colorado State also were among the list of schools interested.

Cantu caught 80 passes for a team-high 1,283 yards last season, as Carroll won a third consecutive Class 5A state championship. Cantu also led the team's receivers in touchdowns with 14.

Oral commitments are nonbinding. The first day a Class of 2008 football recruit can sign a national letter of intent is Feb. 6.

Edited by NT80

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm convinced it was a deal worked out between Riley, Dodge and Mack. UT offers a scholarship....it drives up Riley's stock. Riley commits to UT showing that he's really a high quality recruit. Riley decommits and goes to NT. Mack gets to sign another blue chip, and UNT gets a big time recruit to add to the growing class of players. What does UT/Mack Brown get out of it you might say?........I'm still working on it.

According to a TxTech supporter on SETXSports, if the Riley to UNT rumor is true, Riley drops to a 2-star recruit. <_<

"this is a wise choice in my opinion...he would never see the field suiting up for UT...

the only sad thing is that with his decision, he will now become a 2 star player..."

Edited by DeepGreen

According to a TxTech supporter on SETXSports, if the Riley to UNT rumor is true, Riley drops to a 2-star recruit. <_<

"this is a wise choice in my opinion...he would never see the field suiting up for UT...

the only sad thing is that with his decision, he will now become a 2 star player..."

Currently Riley is a Rivals 5.7 3-star

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/viewp...938&sport=1

Edited by MeanGreen61

Wow, if Riley and Tre both were to come to UNT...Wow!

gonzo__19

Post #241

Cuero , Texas

MyFanPage

Add Buddy Re: Couple of decommits coming? Reply

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Riley Dodge has dropped his commitment from the University of Texas and has changed his commitment to play under his father at the University of North Texas. Dodge informed UT this afternoon of the decision.

Of all the commits to lose this one does not hurt much IMO.

Tradition is Earned not Given !

Posted on 6/29 9:42 PM | IP: Logged

JagDad09

Post #395

Texas, DAMMIT!!!

MyFanPage

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tre is the waffler. Hasn't decided yet. He may go UNT as well.

I didn't want to give kid's names until at least one of the shoes fell.

It was a great loss for TX. - TEX(AUS)

Posted on 6/29 10:27 PM | IP: Logged

King of Beasts

Post #1924

Brownwood,Tx

MyFanPage

Originally posted by JagDad09:

Tre is the waffler. Hasn't decided yet. He may go UNT as well.

I didn't want to give kid's names until at least one of the shoes fell.

I personally feel this is worth repeating...

You do realize that if BOTH Riley and Tre were to decommit and come to NT...this could be one of the single most important moments in North Texas Athletics History...the possible catalyst for finally finding a stadium donor...and the end of the world as we know it...right?

Currently Riley is a Rivals 5.7 3-star

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/viewp...938&sport=1

Since when did Riley become so slow? I've seen him as fast as 4.4 and heard of him being in the 4.3 range, is he sand bagging? My NT pants are going soooo crazy right now!!!! If he and Newton were to commit, I seriously might piss myself.

Edited by Green Crazy

Not going to get too excited until verified. But I doubt a change in the rival rating if true. When they drop ratings of players it is usually players that are reported being recruited by the "Bigs" but sign with a lower tier teams. With a player that has already committed, it would be logically more difficult to downgrade the players since it is obvious that the "Bigs" were actually recruiting the player.

NT has never been in the early commitment business. So I have never watched the rating of players through their senior years, but I wonder how much the ratings are adjusted based on senior year performance.

OK. I hope I am not hallucinating(sp) I had a long night w/friends and am pretty drunk...if this is true I'm about to pass out. If only riley comes is enough ...if newton joins I'm gone for a few weeks at least...don't care if they drop to minus 1 star...f'em..great news for NT