Can Someone Confirm This Or Is It A Fluke?

DeepGreen

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good find DeepGreen.

While I won't yet accept what someone posted on a forum as the absolute truth, I will say I saw this coming from a mile away. Even if it's not true, February 6th (I think that's the day this year) is a loooong way away. Riley going to UT to play WR or DB makes absolutely no sense. If he plays for UNT he'll have a legitimate opportunity to play QB at the D-1A level. He could probably step in tomorrow and beat out DM, WW, MP and NT simply because he knows the system better than any other player.

I'll hold my excitement until verified by a reliable source (Vito, I know you'll be reading this and I'll look for confirmation on your blog). For now, I'll just imagine that the future QB battle between Vizza and Dodge (and whomever else TD might sign this year) could be very exciting.

Would I be remiss in saying that maybe about half the registered members of www.GoMeanGreen.com in the back of their minds thought this might occur with Riley Dodge?

FWIW...................I think Riley Dodge knows others things that are probably soon to be announced at North Texas that has convinced him that he just wants to be part of Mean Green football history right alongside his father--hellsbells, can anyone from UT-Austin really blame the young man if this is true? Just my .02 and a gut feeling with all the aforementioned thoughts. This may all still only be at the rumor stage, but even so, who is to say it still won't happen later on with the young Dodge?

As far as Riley Dodge's talent and competitive spirit are concerned, was the present UT Longhorn QB all that ahead of Riley Dodge when he (himself) was on the eve of his own senior year at a Texas HS 2 years ago?

As they say--stay tuned! B)

PS: I agree..............great find, DeepGreen

PS II: I guess the only down-size of this if true is that Riley may lose a Rivals Recruiting Service star! :o:)

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

Is it really a good thing?

While NT isn't a major player with donors like ND Coach Dodge is still under the microscope as a HS HC coming in to right a ship. If his son comes in and wins the starting job and NT fails what does that do to his prospects as a NCAA HC? Could we recruit a QB over the next 3-4 years or would the good ones take a pass? What if Vizza, Woody or Meager blow up as QBs and Riley is relegated to WR/DB/Bench? What does that do to a father son relationship? Someone is bound to feel some guilt. Everything was roses at SLC but I don't think it will be the same here. No matter how good Riley is I'd prefer not to have the distraction of a father/son combo.

If, and I mean IF, this is true here is what UT fans will be saying very shortly:

"We never wanted him anyway. Mack only offered as a favor to Todge"

"He would never have played here. At NT he'll be superman."

"I never liked him to begin with"

"I'm glad. I think Mack asked him to decommit so we could sign someone better"

Is it really a good thing?

While NT isn't a major player with donors like ND Coach Dodge is still under the microscope as a HS HC coming in to right a ship. If his son comes in and wins the starting job and NT fails what does that do to his prospects as a NCAA HC? Could we recruit a QB over the next 3-4 years or would the good ones take a pass? What if Vizza, Woody or Meager blow up as QBs and Riley is relegated to WR/DB/Bench? What does that do to a father son relationship? Someone is bound to feel some guilt. Everything was roses at SLC but I don't think it will be the same here. No matter how good Riley is I'd prefer not to have the distraction of a father/son combo.

I see your concerns but I really believe that Todge is a coach between the lines and a daddy outside of them. Besides, Riley and Todge both are winners...if Riley can help us win at the WR or DB position then that is where he will play.

(All of this assuming we aren't speculating for nothing)

Edited by emmitt01

You do realize that if BOTH Riley and Tre were to decommit and come to NT...this could be one of the single most important moments in North Texas Athletics History...the possible catalyst for finally finding a stadium donor...and the end of the world as we know it...right?