Wait - I missed this moment with the draft and carrying mock hatred for Houston to egg you on - but why did he even try for a double?

What a fitting summary of Astros baseball: Secure breakthrough accomplishment, then immediately crap pants.

Why does pro baseball suck so bad in this state?

It's hard getting into pro baseball, period but I'm glad to see him get the record. He's a little guy playing in a sport dominated by physically bigger players and always seems to say the right things too. In watching all the interviews of of him leading up to that moment he alway's includes Bag as well. Two good players for sure.

Rick

Call me when the Arlington Rangers win a playoff series. Better yet, call me when they win a series in August.

Call me when the Rangers get to play in the JV league that even they can beat up on every year. Amazing how much better they played in interleague, no? Must be a coincidence...or maybe the Rangers really could be THAT good. Also, isn't it weird how Clemens is 1-3 this year with his only win over a crappy NL Central team? That 5.32 ERA sure seems a lot higher this year. I wonder what is different...

Call me when the Astros beat an AL team just once in the playoffs. Call me when you want to mock both Texas teams. And don't worry - Red Sox Nation appreciates the large amount of fans in this state who have decided to "cheat" on both their teams and root for Boston. It's cute, and it let everyone feel like they were part of a title in 2004. Then, the next year, they all got to root for the Longhorns in the title game. Everybody wins!

Call me when the Rangers get to play in the JV league that even they can beat up on every year.

The JV league that won the world series last year? or the JV league that won the NL Pennant the last 3 years?

Regarding Clemens, I imagine the DH in the AL has something to do with the inflated ERA... that and the fact that he's old as balls.

The JV league that won the world series last year? or the JV league that won the NL Pennant the last 3 years?

Regarding Clemens, I imagine the DH in the AL has something to do with the inflated ERA... that and the fact that he's old as balls.

There's the comeback I was waiting for.

Remember when the Pistons and Heat won titles. I guess the East was better than the West. It has nothing to do with that easier road or anything.

How about the league that's only won 5 of the last 15 World Series and loses in interleague play every year. Besides, you guys really showed the Rangers on the field this year anyway...

There's the comeback I was waiting for.

Just posting the facts...

Remember when the Pistons and Heat won titles. I guess the East was better than the West. It has nothing to do with that easier road or anything.

Either way, who cares? The Mav's didnt make it past the first round and they were the "best team in the NBA". They finished ahead of San Antonio in the division... does it matter? Did you guys pass out t-shirts declaring you were probably the best team, even though you didnt win it all? You're starting to sound like Matt Leinart whining about losing the Rose Bowl.

How about the league that's only won 5 of the last 15 World Series and loses in interleague play every year.

Im not disputing whether the AL is better than the NL- that's a no-brainer for me. For whatever reason, the West, the AFC, and the AL are just better leagues in their respective sports. No question the AL is a better league, top to bottom.

I'm laughing at Ranger's fan who constantly cries over being in the AL Worst and how hard it is, yet as you pointed out, some other AL team has managed to get through it 10 times in the last 15 years...

Besides, you guys really showed the Rangers on the field this year anyway...

It doesn't matter how many times the Rangers beat the Astros- they still suck. If beating the Astros is the benchmark for greatness, there's a lot of greatness going around this year. Seriously, I don't recall any team hanging up a banner for "winning interleague play"... though I suppose that would give Rangers Fan something to smile about. The Astros have won 3 Silver Boots to the Rangers 4, and have won 22 games to the Rangers 20 in the series. So I'm not seeing all this "dominance" over Houston. Historically, it's pretty even.

At the end of the day, the Astros still have a pennant and still give fans something to root for year in and year out- past the month of June- which is why the ballpark still has a great crowd almost every night of the week.

Edited by Eagle1855

Put me in the "who cares" column...I'm sticking with the Cardinals until the Rangers show me they even CARE a rip about winning. Got to be the worst team in baseball over the last few years...yes, the Yankees are the worst team money can buy this year, but they have won on a somewhat regular basis. We still have the Senators here in the DFW area... oops...the sports capital of North Texas...Arlington! The Roughriders and the Outlaws are more fun to watch...those guys seem to care! Can't say as much about the Rangers...I think the players "care", but management and ownership seem to only talk a good show ... As the motto of the US Merchant marine Academy goes... ACTA NON VERBA, Rangers, ACTA NON VERBA! Or simply as the motto of the State of Missouri somewhat goes... SHOW ME!

And I am laughing at Houston fans who get their panties in the wad when you point out that they only reason they ever "broke" through is because of a 3-4 year blackhole of NL talent that is finally starting to correct itself. This isn't even about the Rangers v. Astros - the Astros struggle to beat the Rangers and vice versa every year and the series is always 3-3 or 4-2 regardless of record. If you are going to use this as a chance to thumb your nose at someone, at least beat them head-to-head this season though. That's like a boxer beating up everyone but one guy and then bragging about how much better he is than him.

When I say interleague play, I mean everyone who plays. No one gives a crap about the Silver Boot. All it is is a comedy prop for Rangers fans that really gets under the skin of Houston fans - just like everything else because apparently living by power plants and smog makes your sports vagina extra squishy. My point is even the crap ass Rangers can play and an 85-90 win pace against the NL Central and they BLOW. If you scroll up, I'm not exactly claiming the Rangers as my baseball benchmark or team of record either.

Finally, how does pointing out the NL sucks equate to Leinart? If it helps me get the basketball chick pregnant again, I'm all for it. In all of sports the last few years it has become more apparent that the team with the easiest road wins. The playoffs/seasons are such a grind that it's not even about being the best anymore. I think Matt is a douche, but I understand why he thinks if he had another shot at Texas he'd beat them.

You know I just love getting reactions from people - and for some reason no group of fans knows angry defensive mode like Houston fans do.

You know I just love getting reactions from people - and for some reason no group of fans knows angry defensive mode like Houston fans do.

Houston fans come out the womb in angry-defensive mode. :D

For once, things appear to be on the upswing for Houston sports across the board, so I'm happy. I enjoy the city's lack of zoning laws, the humidity, hurricanes, draft gaffes, and the off chance I might get shanked at a gas station by some transient for cash I don't even carry- it's excitement even x-games can't rival.

I really don't care about the Rangers one way or the other. I enjoyed melting at the games in the summer when I lived in DF-Dub, it's a great ballpark. The silver boot is a fun novelty thing, but it's pretty much meaningless as well. I don't really pay attention to anything going on in the AL, as it doesn't hold much interest for me. In fact, if I never had to hear about the Red Sox/Yankees rivalry, it would be too soon.

Houston fans come out the womb in angry-defensive mode. :D

For once, things appear to be on the upswing for Houston sports across the board, so I'm happy. I enjoy the city's lack of zoning laws, the humidity, hurricanes, draft gaffes, and the off chance I might get shanked at a gas station by some transient for cash I don't even carry- it's excitement even x-games can't rival.

I really don't care about the Rangers one way or the other. I enjoyed melting at the games in the summer when I lived in DF-Dub, it's a great ballpark. The silver boot is a fun novelty thing, but it's pretty much meaningless as well. I don't really pay attention to anything going on in the AL, as it doesn't hold much interest for me. In fact, if I never had to hear about the Red Sox/Yankees rivalry, it would be too soon.

Houston isn't that bad - and I'm the one usually playing it up to be a crap hole. I've enjoyed my last few visits minus the traffic. I enjoy going out to Arlington as well (it's an easy $6 ticket and you don't have to deal with crap like fans and or people who are following the actual game), so that is neat. It is a cool palce when they are winning though.

ESPN will not stop until it ruins everything about sports. Yankees/Red Sox is like exhibit A (and B, and C, and D.) I wonder how they play it in August if Boston stays 10-12 games up.