No Hawaii Game

UNTflyer

HONOLULU – The University of Hawaii has failed to add a 13th opponent and will play a 12-game football schedule this season, officials said Friday. The schedule includes seven homes games, including two against Division I-AA opponents. Because of an exemption, the Warriors are allowed to play 13 regular-season games.

"After a long and exhaustive process that included discussions with several schools, no team we targeted for a 13th game would agree to play at UH in 2007," Hawaii athletics director Herman Frazier said. Hawaii will open at home against Division I-AA Northern Colorado on Sept. 1. The Bears were 1-10 last year while the Warriors were 11-3, including a 41-24 victory over Arizona State in the Hawaii Bowl.

After opening with Northern Colorado, Hawaii faces a slew of losing teams from 2006, including Louisiana Tech, UNLV, Idaho, Utah State, San Jose State, New Mexico State and Fresno State.

The Warriors' toughest challenge comes at the end of the season with Nevada, Boise State and Washington.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports/colle...iischedule.html

Edited by UNTflyer

HONOLULU – The University of Hawaii has failed to add a 13th opponent and will play a 12-game football schedule this season, officials said Friday. The schedule includes seven homes games, including two against Division I-AA opponents. Because of an exemption, the Warriors are allowed to play 13 regular-season games.

"After a long and exhaustive process that included discussions with several schools, no team we targeted for a 13th game would agree to play at UH in 2007," Hawaii athletics director Herman Frazier said. Hawaii will open at home against Division I-AA Northern Colorado on Sept. 1. The Bears were 1-10 last year while the Warriors were 11-3, including a 41-24 victory over Arizona State in the Hawaii Bowl.

After opening with Northern Colorado, Hawaii faces a slew of losing teams from 2006, including Louisiana Tech, UNLV, Idaho, Utah State, San Jose State, New Mexico State and Fresno State.

The Warriors' toughest challenge comes at the end of the season with Nevada, Boise State and Washington.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports/colle...iischedule.html

Whoever wrote this article is an idiot. SJSU won 9 games last season.

I would have gone to Hawaii... would have been a great road trip.

I just returned from Hawaii while on vacation there. That, my friend, is a very long plane ride, and one that I wouldn't care to make again any time soon. That is, unless you plan to fly First Class.

Edited by DeepGreen

I went last April. Got to meet NT alum NM Green while there. But it's a very long trip. When we arrived, all we wanted to do was rest. We went non-stop on the way over ("direct" is an airline industry term for "at least one stop") and stopped in Los Angles on the way back. The stop was a good thing for us. 8 hours watching Jim Carey movies should be reserved for al Qaida

Edited by greenjoe

My son Brent (which would have been a perfect fit at NT with the Dodge Ball game) is excited about going to Hawaii for the first game of the season. The head coach calls him the XFactor because he is unknown to everybody. Since he blows everybody away on the team with his speed we hope to at least make a game of it. Northern Colorado had a tough time last year comming into their first year in D1AA but should do better this year. Coach Downing is a big time coach and I believe he will get them competitive if not this year by next year when more of his recruits get into the game.

Hawaii is allowed to play 13 games and any team that plays them is also permitted to schedule 13 games. It was rule put in place back in the 50s, something to do with the traveling and lack of competition Hawaii posed at that time.

Interesting... I didn't know that. Thanks for the info!

My son Brent (which would have been a perfect fit at NT with the Dodge Ball game) is excited about going to Hawaii for the first game of the season. The head coach calls him the XFactor because he is unknown to everybody. Since he blows everybody away on the team with his speed we hope to at least make a game of it. Northern Colorado had a tough time last year comming into their first year in D1AA but should do better this year. Coach Downing is a big time coach and I believe he will get them competitive if not this year by next year when more of his recruits get into the game.

Great to hear Brent is doing so well. I was really hoping he was gonna end up here.

How is Charlie doing with his move to WR?