Ntsc Ring

NT91

That is what I was looking for too. There is no year on any pictures or the description.

It has been a while since NT was North Texas State College. The interlocking NT was not that odd back then. Look at my signature below. The rounded interlocking NT was on the helmets in the late 1960's. Not sure why the current administration refuses to go back to that.

Did anyone notice a year of graduation somewhere on the ring? I lost my NTSC ring in Albuquerque many years ago. It would have had "1960" somewhere on it. Or some other means of identification.

Can anyone help me out?

Dont see a year on it, but there's BS on the lower side. Is that your degree?

Did anyone notice a year of graduation somewhere on the ring? I lost my NTSC ring in Albuquerque many years ago. It would have had "1960" somewhere on it. Or some other means of identification.

Can anyone help me out?

Look at the photos from the listing, it looks like one side has "61" below the globe.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Great-North-Texas-Stat...1QQcmdZViewItem

Edited by NT80

Look at the photos from the listing, it looks like one side has "61" below the globe.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Great-North-Texas-Stat...1QQcmdZViewItem

but on the reverse view under the school chrest it looks like an "85?" or the "1" under the globe is up side down and is actually a "19" and under the chrest is "58". Just a thought.

Edited by gksmith

but on the reverse view under the school chrest it looks like an "85?" or the "1" under the globe is up side down and is actually a "19" and under the chrest is "58". Just a thought.

I think it's "BS" = bachelor of science and "61" = 1961. No NTSC in 1985.

Okay, North Texas officially achieved University status (and it's name change) on May 8th 1961, when Governor Price Daniel officially signed the bill into law.

So, would a 1961 spring class ring have NTSC or NTSU on it?

Most 1961 grads probably ordered them in 1960 to wear for their senior year, so I'd guess NTSC. I remember when NTSU changed to UNT, former NTSU grads could order new diplomas with UNT on it if they wanted; maybe we still can?