Question For Long Time Nt Fans

greenjoe

The Tommy Nelson question made me remember a former "Eagles" quaterback with one of the greatest names in sports. Rick Shaw played QB around the 1968 to 1972 era. I don't remember too much about him, but with a name like that, he could have been a contender. I wonder where he is now ?

Join the Mean Green Club

Buy Season Tickets

GO MEAN GREEN

Rick is doing quite well in San Antonio.

He is busy with his restraunt in Alamo heights, when he is not broadcasting Alamo Heights football games. He invited Sam & Ginno to meet with Dr.B when she had her presidential gathering down here for about 150 at the Marriott Plaza hotel in downtown San Antonio.

I plan to use his mexican restraunt for some NT functions in the future.

Ginno & Sam are all at least the height we have them at with Sam a little taller than Ginno.

GMG

I have visited several times with Rick while in San Antonio...he is a friend of one of my fraternity brothers who lives in San Antonio. His restaurant is LaFonda, 6402 N. New Braunfels, telephone 210-824-4231. Good mexican food.

I have visited several times with Rick while in San Antonio...he is a friend of one of my fraternity brothers who lives in San Antonio. His restaurant is LaFonda, 6402 N. New Braunfels, telephone 210-824-4231. Good mexican food.

Nice! I've actually been there a couple times and it was quite good. Good to know its owned by a NT alumni!

I will ad this restaurant to my list. I like to do business with fellow North Texans - students, alums, or even just fans - when I can. We do not want to turn this in to an ad page, but it is good to know where our friends are.

What restaurant?

Speaking of former UNT athletes and resturants, does anyone know where Tony Worrell is nowadays? Once he sold the State Club and The Texas Pickup, I have hear little from him. Anyone know?

Thanks

I thought he went to Colorado, seem to recall him on a radio interview when NT played basketball up there several years ago.