Memphis

LAZER

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

aww that so sad J.J. said he would take Ohio State over Memphis.. I'm guessing Liger fans hate 99% of the world then too

I'm not saying I agree, but there are apparently others who would take Memphis over Ohio State:

"Who will win: Ohio State will cruise to the regional final but get run into oblivion by a more athletic, deeper Memphis team that can put Joey Dorsey on Greg Oden. Dorsey's no Oden, but he's no slouch. And OSU can't stop Memphis from running." Link to story at CBS Sportsline.com

My goodness! After reading their thread that about what JJ said, that's what got their panties in a wad? God forbid that JJ thinks the #1 ranked team in the country might beat the #5 ranked team in the country. What an insult! Yeah, you better try and run up the score against NT to prove him wrong. He just crushed Memphis, that's some of the best smack talk I've ever heard! Don't take that lying down Memphis. <_<

Good thing JJ didnt insult their "barbecue" there would have been a riot.

I'll say it then. MEMPHIS BARBECUE SUCKS!!!!!. Anyone who puts cole slaw on a brisket sandwhich needs to be flogged. There is only ONE barbecue and that is TEXAS barbecue.

Edited by Eagle-96

No offense, but have you actually seen a Memphis game this year? We have one hell of an inside game. Joey Dorsey is a BEAST on the inside.

Indeed, I've seen yall play about 5 games this year.

And yes, Dorsey is a stong presence down low. But typically I thought he was used as a scavenger to get boards and put backs, not as a first option. Similar to how UCLA uses their Center.

Edited by CMJ

I took a browse over at the Memphis thread to be honest I think they are being really humble about things and respect NT. Sure they probably dont know much about NT basketball but its not that they are dogging us and our school. The smack they are talking is the same kind of smack thats going on in the threads here. Rightfully so they are confident they will win because they are a number 2 seed and their record is 30-3. I dont care if you play in a weak CUSA conference but 30-3 in any sport for any team is fantastic and they are not a team to be reckoned with.

I'll say it then. MEMPHIS BARBECUE SUCKS!!!!!. Anyone who puts cole slaw on a brisket sandwhich needs to be flogged. There is only ONE barbecue and that is TEXAS barbecue.

Hate to tell you junior, brisket ain't Que, it is a friggin hamburger. Love living in Texas but BBQ=Pork

I took a browse over at the Memphis thread to be honest I think they are being really humble about things and respect NT. Sure they probably dont know much about NT basketball but its not that they are dogging us and our school. The smack they are talking is the same kind of smack thats going on in the threads here. Rightfully so they are confident they will win because they are a number 2 seed and their record is 30-3. I dont care if you play in a weak CUSA conference but 30-3 in any sport for any team is fantastic and they are not a team to be reckoned with.

Most Memphis fans like North Texas, remember the old Mo Valley and we all had a great time with ya'll in NO last time, smack is just smack.

Edited by TxTiger79

Hate to tell you junior, brisket ain't Que, it is a friggin hamburger. Love living in Texas but BBQ=Pork

Most Memphis fans like North Texas, remember the old Mo Valley and we all had a great time with ya'll in NO last time, smack is just smack.

Barbecue is BEEF no way around it and slow smoked brisket is as good as it gets. Sonny Bryan's and Angelo's are the best of the best.

I'll just start with this post...beef ain't 'que. Period. I've lived in Memphis and Texas (& a few other places), and haven't had any brisket that can top a good (not even great) rack of dry ribs (not to be confused with jerky).

Dorsey is a beast inside, when he gets going. However, we're not the 3-jacking team y'all want us to be. We drive to the basket a lot and wear you out. Plus, the hidden strength of the team is it's defense. We force a lot of turnovers and block a lot of shots...oh yeah, we're strong on the offensive and defensive boards too.

The best way to beat Memphis is to harass them enough to keep us out of our offensive sets and screw up our timing.

Anyway...JJ is a good coach, but I think the talent of Memphis will be enough to overcome UNT. ...and the SMU game was an anomaly.

I'll just start with this post...beef ain't 'que. Period. I've lived in Memphis and Texas (& a few other places), and haven't had any brisket that can top a good (not even great) rack of dry ribs (not to be confused with jerky).

Dorsey is a beast inside, when he gets going. However, we're not the 3-jacking team y'all want us to be. We drive to the basket a lot and wear you out. Plus, the hidden strength of the team is it's defense. We force a lot of turnovers and block a lot of shots...oh yeah, we're strong on the offensive and defensive boards too.

The best way to beat Memphis is to harass them enough to keep us out of our offensive sets and screw up our timing.

Anyway...JJ is a good coach, but I think the talent of Memphis will be enough to overcome UNT. ...and the SMU game was an anomaly.

Make no mistake, I believe any time you lose to SMU or even let them hang around it is an anomaly. :lol: I don't think any of us believe that it won't take our best effort of the season and then some to have a chance to win this game. We're just happy to be playing Memphis because we too are an athletic team and we'd welcome you to run. I believe it's gonna come down to rebounding, free throws (gasp), and defensive intensity. I think that if the refs stay out of it and our starters are able to maintain for quality minutes that it'll be a better game than you guys might expect.

Make no mistake, I believe any time you lose to SMU or even let them hang around it is an anomaly. :lol: I don't think any of us believe that it won't take our best effort of the season and then some to have a chance to win this game. We're just happy to be playing Memphis because we too are an athletic team and we'd welcome you to run. I believe it's gonna come down to rebounding, free throws (gasp), and defensive intensity. I think that if the refs stay out of it and our starters are able to maintain for quality minutes that it'll be a better game than you guys might expect.

If it turns into a free throw contest we are toast.

Indeed, your propensity for causing turnovers is what troubles me the most(I think most of us can agree our 9 TO's against ASU was an anomoly...it's usually twice that). We have guys who can run, but yall have a fantastic transition game, easily dwarfing ours.

If the breaks go right we have a chance, but as I've said several times - you're the prohibitve favorite with good reason. I'm predicting a 17 point loss by us.

Anybody that thinks that brisket isn't barbaque has never had it done right. Texans know that good barbaque can be both beef and pork but also know good barbaque stands on its own and you don't have to smoother its flavor with a bunch of vinegar laced cole slaw!!!! :lol: