Memphis

LAZER

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another opportunity to tussle with CUSA. This is great for the Mean Green and good for the Sun Belt too! A good old fashioned Southern battle in good ole New Orleans! SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

beat the tigers!

GO MEAN GREEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, gonna drink a gallon of the Mean Green kool aid for a second:

This team can shock Memphis and go up against a probable Nevada Wolfpack squad and dare I say it! Head home to San Antone!

I saw the Wolfpack almost get beat by a mediocre Hawaii team this year TWICE!

Leave it on the floor GREEN and lets make some noise!

GMG

Memphis likes to run and hit the three. They don't honestly have much of an inside game. Very athletic squad, likes to make flashy plays. We have our work cut out for us, but I think Memphis is the weakest #2.

The irony of this statement being true is that in Dorsey they have an INCREDIBLE inside presence. You're right, they don't use him enough.

The irony of this statement being true is that in Dorsey they have an INCREDIBLE inside presence. You're right, they don't use him enough.

He gets most of his points crashing the boards after the rest of the guys jack up shots. If we can box out we may be okay down low.

Hope they miss, have KD and Calvin have a big game, and we have a shot.

anyone know what they are nationally on defense? cause if they give up a lot, we have a chance as well...

He gets most of his points crashing the boards after the rest of the guys jack up shots. If we can box out we may be okay down low.

Hope they miss, have KD and Calvin have a big game, and we have a shot.

Memphis likes to run and hit the three. They don't honestly have much of an inside game. Very athletic squad, likes to make flashy plays. We have our work cut out for us, but I think Memphis is the weakest #2.

I checked their schedule...it was a tough one.....However I saw them play SMU in Dallas on TV and they won barely by 64-61..and SMU only won 15 and lost 16 this season and 6 of their wins were against teams like Houston Baptist, Paul Quinn, Prarie View, Centenary, McNease and TX College.

IF>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>K Davis is back and NT plays at the top of their game I believe we can beat Memphis......

I just love how CBS (& the NCAA) love the story lines. Let's put NT and JJ up against a former team he coached for under Tic Price. The only reason I did not want us matched up against Memphis is because they are very athletic. Being that this is our strenght, it takes away from what we do best. This game will come down to who is hot and hits their 3's and defends the perimeter. We've gotten better at perimeter defense, but we need to rise to a much higher level to guard Memphis' shooters.

GMG

No offense, but have you actually seen a Memphis game this year? We have one hell of an inside game. Joey Dorsey is a BEAST on the inside.

not until your coach popped off this morning on birmingham radio. see ya friday. bring a lunch, its gonna be a long day.

Yeah, that really sounds like JJ. He's known to run his mouth. This is same guy who talked about Belhaven like they were last year's National Champs, but you're trying to tell me he went on a Birmingham radio station, which is CUSA territory, and "popped off" about a number 15 seed he has to face in less than a week. You can do better than that. I pretty sure if he said anything bad it was in jest. He gave Memphis nothin but love last night on Channel 11 news w/Babe Laufenberg.

When asked if Memphis could beat Ohio State, JJ slightly laughed and kept going. It wasn't anything bad. The Memphis Fans are alittle sensitive. It might be because everyone is saying they are the softest 2 seed since they play in a very very very weak CUSA. Its easy to run off a huge winning streak against a weak conference, just ask our football team from a few years back, too bad we didnt continue to improve during that time right fellas??? Ask the Mavs how bad they want to play in the eastern conference.... Could you imagine what their record might be if they got the 76ers 4 times a year instead of the Suns....Wait as of today it would be the Same! Memphis is a 3 or 4 seed at best. Their OOC was nice but when you are in a low level elague like the CUSA you shouldnt be a two seed.

Here's to them having a Darrius Washington moment this friday at around 1:25 pm. If you dont know about the Darrius Washington moment I am sure you can youtube and watch the young guys heart break in slow motion

and I suggest the crawfish etoufee for lunch in NOLA, its good too....

Edited by UNT_92_Fan

and I suggest the crawfish etoufee for lunch in NOLA, its good too....

yeah, that's a good idea. I dont know why they would say to bring a lunch, don't they know they have food there? These Memphis fans, while they aren't the sharpest bunch, at least they are compassionate to make sure nobody is hungry during the game. Got to give them props for that.