What A Game

CMJ

I have followed the basketball program since 1966 and this might just be our best. With due respect to Blakeley, Gales and Spika, this team could make the biggest waves. When do we start the thread as to how we are going to hang onto Johnny Jones? If he goes to the big dance, will he keep right on dancing out of Denton? Couldn't blame him, given the pitiful support from fans. He is a fine person who deserves some success.

We do not match up well with North Texas. UNT is quicker and more aggressive in the paint. USA relied too much on the 3-pointer and it wound up costing them the game just as it did when they faced us in Mobile.

I'd be curious to hear what the Raider coaches/media say now that they know about our matchup.

The UNT assistant coach that spoke in the post-game radio report mentioned that this is a completely different Middle squad than the first meeting. IIRC, he said that they have gone to a bigger starting lineup.

I think it's hard to gauge (sp) based on their USA win since MUTS has changed a bit as of late, and USA had lost 4 games in a row to finish the season. My honest concern is our knack for making games closer than they have to be, and playing at the level of our opponent. Our athleticism should play into our favor as teams go deeper into the tourney with us. We'll see. It's March Madness, that's for sure...

Fire Johnny Jones? What for? Like CMJ said, this is the best squad since '87 or '88.

I think he was BS'ing a bit. :D Great win with horrible numbers from a couple of our mainstays. I caught the game out on the highway and I haven't seen the box yet, but I know that Harold Stewart had a great game again today. I really have the gut feeling that we're gonna take it past Tuesday for the first time since '88. Nice comeback when it sounded kind of dire at the half. I can't make it tomorrow, but my brother and I are definitely planning on hitting the road from Houston on Tuesday for the big VICTORY DANCE!

I was at the game and we should have blown them out of the water. Just as we have in the past, we have relied on the 3 way too much. It was frustrating to see the team gain possesion and then have them miss a hasty 3 point shot. We rebounded well but the missed 3's allowed ULM to stay in the game. I am very proud of our team but I hope that they would recognize a lot earlier when to lay off the 3 when they aren't falling. One thing that was very encouraging is that they out hustled ULM, very scrappy team. Good win and I hope to make tmonday and tuesday's games.

I recently moved to Baton Rouge and am now working for the LSU system. It was good to see the good ole green and white.

I was at the game and we should have blown them out of the water. Just as we have in the past, we have relied on the 3 way too much. It was frustrating to see the team gain possesion and then have them miss a hasty 3 point shot. We rebounded well but the missed 3's allowed ULM to stay in the game. I am very proud of our team but I hope that they would recognize a lot earlier when to lay off the 3 when they aren't falling. One thing that was very encouraging is that they out hustled ULM, very scrappy team. Good win and I hope to make tmonday and tuesday's games.

I recently moved to Baton Rouge and am now working for the LSU system. It was good to see the good ole green and white.

What was the crowd like? Sounded like we had a few MeanGreeners there. Great games by Bell, Watson, Williams, and of course Stewart to make up for the other off games.

What was the crowd like? Sounded like we had a few MeanGreeners there. Great games by Bell, Watson, Williams, and of course Stewart to make up for the other off games.

Just returned home from the game. The way we played the first half, I didn't think we had any chance of ending up with a win. Nothing was going in the basket. But, the second half showed what this team is made of. Lots of hustle and athleticism on our team. Bad night for Davis and Watson, but the rest of the guys really stepped up. Harold Stewart was awesome! Great win tonight. Watched the second half of the MUTS vs USA game. We should beat MTSU.

As for the overall crowd, pretty pathetic. Not much help from the host school, ULL. MUTS, USA, and ULM had fair fan support. NT? Pretty bad.

At the end of the game, the players came into or as close to the stand as they could to high-five the NT fans that were there. They seemed very appreciative of the support.

Just returned home from the game. The way we played the first half, I didn't think we had any chance of ending up with a win. Nothing was going in the basket. But, the second half showed what this team is made of. Lots of hustle and athleticism on our team. Bad night for Davis and Watson, but the rest of the guys really stepped up. Harold Stewart was awesome! Great win tonight. Watched the second half of the MUTS vs USA game. We should beat MTSU.

As for the overall crowd, pretty pathetic. Not much help from the host school, ULL. MUTS, USA, and ULM had fair fan support. NT? Pretty bad.

At the end of the game, the players came into or as close to the stand as they could to high-five the NT fans that were there. They seemed very appreciative of the support.

They seemed appreciative of the support------Absolutely---- they appreciate support and do better when they feel that the university and student body actually supports their efforts... I am surprised that they have done as well as they have considering they were playing to an arena that often contained a very sparse crowd. All of us do better when we think our family, friends, employer, and others, support our efforts. This time there is a decent excuse, they were playing 100's of miles away from campus unlike on Wednesday.

Congratulations and Good luck to them...

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66

I was heading to a friend's place when it hit overtime. For some reason, Cingular was stuck on 67-66 with 2:50 left, no matter how many times I refreshed. When I decided to check back a few minutes later, I cheered! Startled the friends, but they soon knew why.

Last Saturday, shots were rather flat, and then we lit up ULL on Wednesday. Hopefully, it'll happen again tomorrow night. However, Tuesday can't be the same on-off pattern.

I watched on the SunBelt computer feed. Not the best quality (the feed, that is) but I got to see the action live. Now, I get to see the second game for no more money.

There were very few NT fans, but I could hear them. The band sounded great. The Cheerleaders and the Dance Team looked good as always.

Did anyone see the last second shot of the Middle and South Alabama ? If there had been and additional .05 seconds on the clock, we'd be playing the Jags.

Join the Mean Green Club

Buy Season Tickets

GO MEAN GREEN