Unt Dallas

MeanMag

So I was driving home today and heard a commercial on the radio talking about the UNT Dallas Campus and I thought to myself, "I wonder how I would write that down?"

UNTDC

UNTD

UNT-D

UNT-D Campus

If we were to stop advertising it as the UNT Dallas Campus, and just call it UNTD, or UNT Dallas would it have an effect on the mind of the audience? Instead of them thinking, "oh it's UNT's Dallas Campus", they would think, "oh, it's UNT Dallas."

Does this make a difference or even matter to any of us in the culture and environment we are trying to promote at North Texas- Denton? And when and if UNT-whatever in Dallas gets big and decides to get a football team will there be any confusion between the 2?

Guest JohnDenver

So I was driving home today and heard a commercial on the radio talking about the UNT Dallas Campus and I thought to myself, "I wonder how I would write that down?"

UNTDC

UNTD

UNT-D

UNT-D Campus

If we were to stop advertising it as the UNT Dallas Campus, and just call it UNTD, or UNT Dallas would it have an effect on the mind of the audience? Instead of them thinking, "oh it's UNT's Dallas Campus", they would think, "oh, it's UNT Dallas."

Does this make a difference or even matter to any of us in the culture and environment we are trying to promote at North Texas- Denton? And when and if UNT-whatever in Dallas gets big and decides to get a football team will there be any confusion between the 2?

"UNT-Dallas" *WILL* be the name when they have 1000 full time students.

They only have 680'ish full time students, so for now they are an extension campus of UNT.

Thus they are called UNT -Dallas Campus.

Got it?

"UNT-Dallas" *WILL* be the name when they have 1000 full time students.

They only have 680'ish full time students, so for now they are an extension campus of UNT.

Thus they are called UNT -Dallas Campus.

Got it?

Confusion averted, I can now drive safely on the streets again.

Any idea if they are going to have any athletic program at all?

Edited by MeanMag

Guest JohnDenver

Confusion averted, I can now drive safely on the streets again.

Any idea if they are going to have any athletic program at all?

They will have club sports or intramural .. that is all for now. If they blow up and have 20k enrollment within 20 years, they maybe they will.

When you spend as much time in a car as I do, you have to keep your mind as sharp as possible.

These are the questions that need answers. Almost more important than the meaning of our very existence.

PLEASE do not tell me you are driving down the highway posting on the GoMeanGreen board!?!? :shocking::scared:

The bigger question should be, "Why can't NT athletics advertise on radio, television, billboards, etc...throughout the Metroplex, yet UNT-Dallas Campus can?" Or North Texas period?

Oh now that's just crazy talk, dont get carried away. Lord knows our marketing demographic works so well right now by limiting everything to Voertmans and the Bookstore. UGH...

Guest GrayEagleOne

By the way, the plan is for UNT-Dallas to have NCAA sports. They are to be in Division II. I don't recall a provision for a football stadium but there is to be a fieldhouse.

Guest GrayEagleOne

UPON FURTHER REVIEW....

The master plan calls for a football field and a football practice field. There is a soccer field with a 400m track around it in the plan. There is a building called an arena rather than a fieldhouse. There will be six tennis courts.

Division II sports require a minimum of four men's and four women's teams. It has yet to be determined what those sports will be.