Important Mgc Question

emmitt01

If I'm reading my season ticket and MGC renewal form correctly they are now asking for your donation in 3 installments as opposed to the 8 or 12 or whatever it was before. For my part that's about $660 spread out over 3 months...or $220 a month.

I'm sure I'll still do it but I can't help but wonder how many people might be:

1)Dissuaded from giving

or

2)Inclined to give less

Thoughts?

I haven't looked at this myself, but if this is the case it is bad news as far as I am concerned. How many people will be in Emmitts exact scenario? Can most everyone afford an extra car payment for 3 months?

I really think everyone on this board that will be in the situation should consider this. Perhaps the 8 month payment method can still be used if enough people cry out.

Talk to the Athletic Department about this and I would bet that they would work with you.

As much as the AD will likey be willing to work with Emmitt on this...that doesn't solve the problems that Emmitt listed potential issues.

People may be:

1) Discouraged from giving

or

2) Inclined to give less

Not everyone is going to try to negotiate with the AD. Not everyone has the relationship with the AD that many of us on here have with the folks in the AD that would even make that an option. Most people are going to see "3 payments" and think..."Well, I can only swing so much if it's gotta be in 3 payments."

Sounds like a stupid move... :angry: Can we blame Mandy for this? Mainly because I love scapegoating her for everything...

Edited by JayDub

I had been wondering about this myself.

The 9 month payout was absoluteley the best thing MGC had going for it. It allowed people to give more, and it was easier to do.

Try this: go to a business owner, and ask for a $10,000 donation, and explain that they can either pay 1 check for $10k, or 3 chekcs of $3,333 each.

Or, go to them and tell them they can do $1,111/ month for 9 months.

Which one do you think most business owners are going to jump on?

By going to a 3 month payout, it hurts the ability to "sell" donations to biggger donors.

If I'm reading my season ticket and MGC renewal form correctly they are now asking for your donation in 3 installments as opposed to the 8 or 12 or whatever it was before. For my part that's about $660 spread out over 3 months...or $220 a month.

I'm sure I'll still do it but I can't help but wonder how many people might be:

1)Dissuaded from giving

or

2)Inclined to give less

Thoughts?

Completely agree. My husband and I were planning on joining the MGC this year. While we still will, if we can do only three installments, we'll have the half the donation we planned to give.

so are they going to tell us this? i signed up for season tickets and mgc club athe day after the press conference and told them i wanted to use the 9 month payment...they took a voided check and said "ok"....sooooo i guess they aren't going to stick by that and i need to talk to them...dang it!

I went so far as to apply for a low-interest credit card (got the NT Exes card) to charge my MGC and tix to so that I can pay it out over 10 or 12 months. While this is a reasonable solution, I agree that this new arrangement may dissuade some donors. I'll contact the AD as well.

When I talked to the ticket office about this, I was told if I wanted the current prices (what I paid last year), my only option was the three payment plan. When asked if I could use the nine payment plan and pay the higher proces, I was told "We really want all money brought in before the first game."

As for how it affected me, I was going to purchase another ticket (bringing my total to 4) and increase the contribution from 250 to 500, but for now I will have to stay at my current levels.

When asked if I could use the nine payment plan and pay the higher proces, I was told "We really want all money brought in before the first game."

As for how it affected me, I was going to purchase another ticket (bringing my total to 4) and increase the contribution from 250 to 500, but for now I will have to stay at my current levels.

Same here, I wanted to raise my MGC donation to the $500.00 level to keep my green lot parking space. When I asked about the current 9 payment option I was told it was no longer offered. No big deal, I just can't afford to move up my donation and go to the 3 payment option right now. hopefully next year.

I didn't realize the MGC was in a position to turn down more money. :angry:

Allow me to be the first to say to Mandy and her cronies...

WAY TO GO, IDIOTS!

Edited by JayDub

I didn't realize the MGC was in a position to turn down more money. :angry:

Allow me to be the first to say to Mandy and her cronies...

WAY TO GO, IDIOTS!

Thank You for saying it so I didn't have to!!

I sent the following to ticketoffice@unt.edu.

I, along with a number of other season ticket holders and MGC members have noticed that the option to pay out our accounts over 9 months has been eliminated, per the ticket renewal form. I, for one, was planning to increase my MGC level this year (due, in part, to my wholehearted support of the new direction the FB program took during the offseason). I will be unable to do this under the new payment option. I understand the desire to get the funds in as early as possible and would suggest that this new approach be phased in. Perhaps you could go to a 6 month option for a couple of years, followed by a 3 or 4 month option? I would hate to see potential donors either choose not to give at all or reduce their planned level due to the elimination of this option.

Edited by kj86

Guest GrayEagleOne

I think we are all adults here, how about we try and have a civil discussion with calling anyone names?

Okay, the people are not idiots but the decision was idiotic (definition: lacking common sense; foolish).

I'm likely going to have to reduce my giving level from $500 to $250, buy only two season tickets instead of four, and move to the orange lot or wherever.

Respone from ticket office...

We have not eliminated the payment plan. We still do offer a payment plan that can be spread out over 8 months if initiated at the beginning of the year. The reason why we are offering a 2-3 month payment plan right now is for the early renewals. Any current season ticket holder who wants to renew early and pay off their season tickets and donation by March 28th can lock in at the 2006 football season ticket prices and seating policies. A big seating policy being the minimum donation level to sit in Section E has increased from $250 to $500 for the 2007 season.

But for those currently at $250 in Section E, they can stay at that donation level for the 2007 season if renewed and paid off by the early renewal deadline. If they choose not to take advantage of the early renewal benefits, then they will be subject to the 2007 ticket prices and seating polices. No one HAS to pay off their tickets by March 28th.

We offer this as an incentive and benefit to our current season ticket holders. We still offer payment plans through credit cards and electronic funds that may be paid out through August....which when we sent out the invoices and this information amounted to 8 months to make the payments. For those who do not renew early, a new invoice will be mailed with the new prices.

Sorry, but I do not see the box labeled "Pay Plan - 8 months" on my form. Anybody else?

Respone from ticket office...

We have not eliminated the payment plan. We still do offer a payment plan that can be spread out over 8 months if initiated at the beginning of the year. The reason why we are offering a 2-3 month payment plan right now is for the early renewals. Any current season ticket holder who wants to renew early and pay off their season tickets and donation by March 28th can lock in at the 2006 football season ticket prices and seating policies. A big seating policy being the minimum donation level to sit in Section E has increased from $250 to $500 for the 2007 season.

But for those currently at $250 in Section E, they can stay at that donation level for the 2007 season if renewed and paid off by the early renewal deadline. If they choose not to take advantage of the early renewal benefits, then they will be subject to the 2007 ticket prices and seating polices. No one HAS to pay off their tickets by March 28th.

We offer this as an incentive and benefit to our current season ticket holders. We still offer payment plans through credit cards and electronic funds that may be paid out through August....which when we sent out the invoices and this information amounted to 8 months to make the payments. For those who do not renew early, a new invoice will be mailed with the new prices.

Sorry, but I do not see the box labeled "Pay Plan - 8 months" on my form. Anybody else?

Based on that response, it looks like they're talking specifically about season tickets, while you're talking about Mean Green Club membership. As far as I know, the two, while related, are separate payments. And like you, I don't see any 8 month payment option on my form.

Based on that response, it looks like they're talking specifically about season tickets, while you're talking about Mean Green Club membership. As far as I know, the two, while related, are separate payments. And like you, I don't see any 8 month payment option on my form.

My option is to buy more season tickets and not do the Mean Green club...not worry about seating preferences. Let's face it. There is no difference in sections at Fouts...they are all bad. I would rather buy more season tickets than I normally would and bring more people to games...to expose more people to UNT football than to buy two tickets and give money to a giving club to get "better" seats. That's my take.