Gmoney? Mean Joe Greene, Abner Haynes, J. T Smith, Cedric Hardman, Ke

PlummMeanGreen

...Ken Washington, Scott Hall, Troy Redwine, Jim Burkholder, Burks Washington, Mitch Maher, Scott Davis, Eric Pegram, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Kevin Galbreath, Patrick Cobb and many more.

Would this be an impressive public display for all of MG fandom (of any era) to have all these Mean Green football greats and UNT icons announced on the F'F PA as each and every one of them run (or walk fast?) :rolleyes: onto the field to form the end part of the Green Brigade's victory line as they all Bring Out The Mean Green thru the south end zone tunnel at our 2007 home season opener right before the kick-off.

What a way to start this exciting new era of Mean Green football. And what a grand excuse to get all these past MG greats together at one time for the common cause and on the field pre-kick-off as well as a very public way to get them in the MG fold again (and more involved?) at the start of this new era of Mean Green football.

Just something I thought might be a (possible) neat idea; and a great "welcome" to Coach Dodge, his assistants and all of our MG football players for their first game at Fouts Field this upcoming season.

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

Thats a great idea but do they all still live in the DFW area? I mean if some of them do not...especialliy Mean Joe Greene then I am not sure it can happen.

You'd be amazed with the power and greatness of metal tubes with big turbine engines...

Edited by JayDub

You'd be amazed with the power and greatness of metal tubes with big turbine engines...

Well afcourse it is doable but who pays for it? If the university decides to do it then dont they have to pay for all the expenses? I mean last I heard UNT athletics program is broke...and that would just be spending money on something thats not necessary.

Well afcourse it is doable but who pays for it? If the university decides to do it then dont they have to pay for all the expenses? I mean last I heard UNT athletics program is broke...and that would just be spending money on something thats not necessary.

Note that I said WE could pull it off. You'd be amazed the contacts, connections, and generosity of the posters on this board...and maybe some of these guys would pay their OWN money if they were asked to be a part of it.

...Ken Washington, Scott Hall, Troy Redwine, Jim Burkholder, Burks Washington, Mitch Maher, Scott Davis, Eric Pegram, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Kevin Galbreath, Patrick Cobb and many more.

Would this be an impressive public display for all of MG fandom (of any era) to have all these Mean Green football greats and UNT icons announced on the F'F PA as each and every one of them run (or walk fast?) :rolleyes: onto the field to form the end part of the Green Brigade's victory line as they all Bring Out The Mean Green thru the south end zone tunnel at our 2007 home season opener right before the kick-off.

What a way to start this exciting new era of Mean Green football. And what a grand excuse to get all these past MG greats together at one time for the common cause and on the field pre-kick-off as well as a very public way to get them in the MG fold again (and more involved?) at the start of this new era of Mean Green football.

Just something I thought might be a (possible) neat idea; and a great "welcome" to Coach Dodge, his assistants and all of our MG football players for their first game at Fouts Field this upcoming season.

Good luck! Won't be easy to pull off- Let's start with building our play book.

Source?

Well we can barely get funding for the football stadium that should have been torn down 30 years ago(or probably even the day it got built)....we chose not to advance to a better conference(WAC) cuz supposedly it would be too costly....OH WAIT yet we are wanting to build a 60 million dollar stadium? I dont know...to me either they dont want to spend money or they really are broke.

Well we can barely get funding for the football stadium that should have been torn down 30 years ago(or probably even the day it got built)....we chose not to advance to a better conference(WAC) cuz supposedly it would be too costly....OH WAIT yet we are wanting to build a 60 million dollar stadium? I dont know...to me either they dont want to spend money or they really are broke.

THere's a difference between broke...and not having the money to build a stadium.

You're obviously new, so let's go to school...read before posting. If you're just going to post crap without researching...then keep your hands off the keyboard.

There's a search function...if you want to post here...use it. Learn the past...then you can comment. Until then, shut the F up, Donny.

Edited by JayDub

Yeah, kinda like a consolation prise or something? Nice idea Plumm.

Yeah, kinda like a consolation prise or something? Nice idea Plumm.

Uh, consolation prize? E.M. as Ricky Ricardo would say: Please 'esplain, Luceeeeee? :)

There's a time to be positive, there's a time to be negative (if that is the word one has to use to make a very clear "no question how he/she for feels about something" sort of point, perhaps?); BUT GANG..............this is a time for all of us to be positive because so many positve things are coming from "ALL" quarters of our campus at this time.

With a new football stadium at the Mean Green Village as the subject of an aforementioned post I offer this: One hastily called press conference by the Chancellor and our new main campus President to announce a Big Donor will change our Mean Green lives forever. For you Young Gun Alums, we really do have some people with UNT ties who have some very impressive financial coffer$$$$$, even more than enough to build what we need in a new football stadium (palace?) at Eagle Point Campus. Lucky for all of us, we have our 2'nd UNT president in a row with Dr "B" who knows the short-term and long-term of her being able to meet her own personal goals to nationalize UNT and that happening quicker with a nationally recognized D1-A intercollegiate football program.

I really think there's a fine line that can separate being positive from being negative. I know which side of that line that makes me feel better about life (in general) and for sure about myself (and that part for darn sure). :rolleyes: We may never all become "huggy bears" (or drinking buds') with each other, but I feel we all know what the common thread is among 99.9% of all of us on this board lest we ever forget.

Personally (and I've posted this before) but myself (and many, many others) have truly not been this excited about Mean Green football since Hayden Fry signed on with NT in December of 1972. Many of us on this board enjoyed that Fry-coached era joyride, too (as we've posted a time or 2 on GMG.com :rolleyes: ; and many of us would highly recommend that we all enjoy this new Dodge Ball joyride. It's Magic-Mania Time in Mean Green Country once again and in a way we haven't seen in very long time, too. :)

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

Uh, consolation prize? E.M. as Ricky Ricardo would say: Please 'esplain, Luceeeeee? :)

There's a time to be positive, there's a time to be negative (if that is the word one has to use to make a very clear "no question how he/she for feels about something" sort of point, perhaps?); BUT GANG..............this is a time for all of us to be positive because so many positve things are coming from "ALL" quarters of our campus at this time.

With a new football stadium at the Mean Green Village as the subject of an aforementioned post I offer this: One hastily called press conference by the Chancellor and our new main campus President to announce a Big Donor will change our Mean Green lives forever. For you Young Gun Alums, we really do have some people with UNT ties who have some very impressive financial coffer$$$$$, even more than enough to build what we need in a new football stadium (palace?) at Eagle Point Campus. Lucky for all of us, we have our 2'nd UNT president in a row with Dr "B" who knows the short-term and long-term of her being able to meet her own personal goals to nationalize UNT and that happening quicker with a nationally recognized D1-A intercollegiate football program.

I really think there's a fine line that can separate being positive from being negative. I know which side of that line that makes me feel better about life (in general) and for sure about myself (and that part for darn sure). :rolleyes: We may never all become "huggy bears" (or drinking buds') with each other, but I feel we all know what the common thread is among 99.9% of all of us on this board lest we ever forget.

Personally (and I've posted this before) but myself (and many, many others) have truly not been this excited about Mean Green football since Hayden Fry signed on with NT in December of 1972. Many of us on this board enjoyed that Fry-coached era joyride, too (as we've posted a time or 2 on GMG.com :rolleyes: ; and many of us would highly recommend that we all enjoy this new Dodge Ball joyride. It's Magic-Mania Time in Mean Green Country once again and in a way we haven't seen in very long time, too. :)

Don't patronize me Plumm. You know exactly what my words mean.

THere's a difference between broke...and not having the money to build a stadium.

You're obviously new, so let's go to school...read before posting. If you're just going to post crap without researching...then keep your hands off the keyboard.

There's a search function...if you want to post here...use it. Learn the past...then you can comment. Until then, shut the F up, Donny.

Wow someone is heated up. Frankly Jaydub I really dont care what you have to say...actions speak louder than words. The truth really hurts...again i'm not trying to bash NT athletics but i'm bringing out the facts. And just cuz I am new to this forum doesnt mean I dont know more than you or just as much as you. I've been around NT athletics for a long time. And yes you can be broke and not have money to buy or build crap. You dont have to be homeless to broke.

With a new football stadium at the Mean Green Village as the subject of an aforementioned post I offer this: One hastily called press conference by the Chancellor and our new main campus President to announce a Big Donor will change our Mean Green lives forever.

?? What the heck are you talking about, Plumm? Has this happened?