Td's Father-in-law Needs Your Prayers

MeanGreen61

From the 5A Texas Football board

Post by DC2145 (Southlake)

If you watched the State Div 1 game on fox, are watched the replay you saw them inteviewing Ebby Neptune (no sure of the spelling) Rileys grandfather. Found out last night at our basketball games that Ebby had a stroke and is paralized on the left side. We need keep Ebby in our prayers.

Post by BigRiing5331 (Southlake)

For anybody and everybody out there that would like to put Ebby on your prayer list here is specifically what you can pray for. Ebby does have paralysis of the left side of his body and is having considerable trouble breathing on his own and also he has a dangerously high fever as a result of the stroke. I know the families will appreciate all of our thoughts and prayers.

THREAD

http://www.5atexasfootball.com/forum/vB/sh...ead.php?t=14624

Thoughts and prayers with the Dodge and Neptune families. <H2 class=vitstoryheadline>Dodges face familiar foe</H2>

<H5 class=vitstorydate>11:17 PM Central Standard Time on Friday, December 22, 2006</H5>

By BRANDON GEORGE / The Dallas Morning News

Todd and Riley Dodge have strong connections to Austin Westlake, the team they'll try to beat today for the Class 5A Division I championship.

Westlake is the alma mater of Elizabeth Dodge, Todd's wife and Riley's mother.

Roaming the sideline will be Elizabeth's father, Ebbie Neptune, the Westlake football coach from 1982 to 1986 and the athletic director from 1982 to 2003. The field at Westlake's Chaparral Stadium is named after Neptune.

Westlake's coach, Derek Long, was an assistant under Neptune.

"People know me here, and I'm a red, white and blue Chaparral," Neptune said, "but come Saturday, I will be wearing the green on the sidelines."

Mary Sue Neptune, Riley's grandmother, was an elementary school teacher in the Eanes School District, which includes Westlake, for 34 years. The Neptunes still live in Austin, but Ebbie Neptune said he has missed only one Carroll game in the last three seasons.

Todd was a student-teacher at Westlake while he was the quarterback at Texas, and Riley was a ball boy for Westlake. Riley said he grew up wanting to be a Chaparral, and his idol is former Westlake quarterback Drew Brees, now with the New Orleans Saints.

Elizabeth said she'd put her ties to Westlake aside today.

"I've never wanted to win a game as bad as I want to win Saturday, and it has nothing to do with Westlake," she said. "It has to do with Todd's last game and for Riley and Todd to get a state championship together. I want them to win it all."