No Helmets Or Jerseys Yet

greenpie

FIU shield logo: 92104_FIU.GIF

UNTD shield logo: Shield_2Color_Blue.jpg

The logos are okay. But just okay. Wish they'd chosen something different, but this's (yup) the fault of the wrong people making wrong decisions on the wrong debates. I'm just mad that this mark is too similar to FIU's and the colors too close Southern's.

Edited by meangreendork

I wonder if alums of UT-Austin care this much about what UTD and UTA do with their branding.

Doubt they care, but does the fact that we do make much of a difference? I can't imagine what life would be like if I had to make sure I had whorn approval on everything.

I guess I dont really have the problem with the new colors, logo and mascot....but I guess my route would have been to go with something TOTALLY different and unique. I mean UTD has the Comets...Austin College is the Kangaroos....TCU has the Horned Frogs...something like that. Choose a totally different mascot with very cool set of colors to go with it.

I really don't understand why UNT Dallas would have any moniker other than the MEAN GREEN or the EAGLES.

If and when they want to make a clean break from their parent University is when, at that time, they should choose their own identity.

UNT Dallas has, what, 683 students and the powers that be feel a desire, at this time, to have their own unique identity' Give me a break.

If the new proposed Law school becomes a reality, perhaps their school colors could be purple and yellow and their mascot could be the bald eagle.

They could have used this.

pan2.jpg

:lol:

AV, how ironic (and amazing) that you would post our retro feline friend from all those Peter Sellers movies of the 60's, but I think our pink big cat friend is already under consideration (by Chancelor Lee J's crack branding team) for our med school over here in Fort Worth, ie, the UNT Health Science Center! Totally amazing.............(Do you have a deep-throat-type source or something from UNT)?

You know, though, its like an older NT Ex friend of some our ours once told me: "You get some of these people up there in Denton on the state teat and we're stuck with their a&&e& (and unsolicited ideas) forever--whether they're productive or not." :o

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

UNT-Dallas isn't even a school yet. Everybody take a breath and calm down. It's not going to affect anything that goes on in Denton.

It's way to early to :blowup: about this.

FIU shield logo: 92104_FIU.GIF

UNTD shield logo: Shield_2Color_Blue.jpg

The logos are okay. But just okay. Wish they'd chosen something different, but this's (yup) the fault of the wrong people making wrong decisions on the wrong debates. I'm just mad that this mark is too similar to FIU's and the colors too close Southern's.

I swear that looks like something for a T-shirt for a Middle School. Does anyone know What firm UNT sub's this work out to? Or do they just have a kid in the admin office with a clip-art program?

Guest Aquila_Viridis

AV, how ironic (and amazing) that you would post our retro feline friend from all those Peter Sellers movies of the 60's, but I think our pink big cat friend is already under consideration (by Chancelor Lee J's crack branding team) for our med school over here in Fort Worth, ie, the UNT Health Science Center! Totally amazing.............(Do you have a deep-throat-type source or something from UNT)?

Nope. I mainly just liked the fact that in the image he is digging a hole. Seemed most appropriate!