More NT Talk on The Ticket now

Peacock

Regardless of the "quality" of the conversation...at least they are having discussions about NT. That is pretty much unheard of unless it's George in the morning.

We haven't gotten this kind of media coverage since I started following the program 9 years ago. I knew there would be some local media response to the hire but I didn't realize just how much coverage it would garner.

This has been great exposure for the University and Athletics program.

Edited by Green Lantern

I guess Jub-Jub has had a change of heart.  He didn't seem totally on board when DD was fired.  What did he say?

he did say that he thought the black practice jersey thing was a direct shot at the admin. From what I could tell, JubJub was 100% on board with the hire, and is very excited about it- as well he should be. also stated he wasnt sure Dodge would just take off at the first signs of success, citing Kragthorpe and others at now BCS schools. He supported it by saying Dodge loves the area, North Texas, etc, so who knows what will happen.

sounded like Dan kept trying to interject with some nonsense about firing DD "after all he has done"... but I dunno, I caught the end of it on the internet

Edited by Eagle1855

he did say that he thought the black practice jersey thing was a direct shot at the admin. From what I could tell, JubJub was 100% on board with the hire, and is very excited about it- as well he should be.  also stated he wasnt sure Dodge would just take off at the first signs of success, citing Kragthorpe and others at now BCS schools. He supported it by saying Dodge loves the area, North Texas, etc, so who knows what will happen.

sounded like Dan kept trying to interject with some nonsense about firing DD "after all he has done"... but I dunno, I caught the end of it on the internet

I heard of all it and I'll add my thoughts on JubJub's sentiments. Dan (or was it Gordo?) did keep pressing the issue about DD's dismissal after so much "success" at UNT rolleyes.gif , and Georgie commented that he liked DD and spoke with him after the last game. He also said something like DD's comments on his "difficult situation" and his constant whining (I'm paraphrasing of course) are likely what led to his demise and unrest from UNT fans, alumni and administration.

Seems to me that Georgie was a little unsure of the decision to fire DD at first but now...he sounds like he's on board with that decision and TD's hire 100,000%. He couldn't stop talking about how many people showed up for the press conference/announcement and compared it to a Dallas Cowboys new conference. Granted, it's not hard to get George excited about UNT, but Dunham is very excited.

It's great to have such a staunch supporter of UNT athletics on the airwaves every day. That being said, is it possible to revoke Craig Miller's diploma??

it was a good segment.

George talked about how really bad things had become between DD and the university. Kind of ripped him about the black uni stunt. talked about how DD seemed burned out this final year.

Talked about how there were tons of people at the press conf and pointed out that the news of the Dodge hiring was making big headlines.

George is really fired up about Dodge.

Looking forward to the interview tomorrow morning.

GMG

I'm glad Dunham sounds fired up about Dodge. I was worried that his personal friendship with Dickey might sour him on the new guy, whoever it was, and rob us of a great college broadcaster.

After the game ended, Dunham seemed to hint in the final broadcast that he thought it was time for a new coach.