Pit Crew

AJR2010OX

Hey guys, I'm a new poster on here.... class of 2010. I went to a meeting yesterday with the director of promotions, the associate AD, a couple of greeks (including myself), some talons, and the president of sports marketing association. The Pit Crew is coming back.... and we're gonna be in full force. January 11 is the first official Pit Crew game. We'll be goin crazy in section 123. We're lookin to electrify the atmosphere at the SUper Pit, so come out and support.

That is awesome! Are you getting any kind of financing from the AD? The old Pit Crew did a fantastic job promoting the TCU game a couple years ago, but I would like to see what a spirit organization that is backed by the AD can do for basketball. No signs of the Talons at basketball games, so hopefully the resurrected Pit Crew can do some good things.

right now we're goin without a sponsor... its all word of mouth. Hopefully someone will come up with something. And the talons are the ones that put up the 3 signs for the wendys promo. the pit crew will be a combination of all organizaitons, so it has awesome backing

That is awesome! Are you getting any kind of financing from the AD? The old Pit Crew did a fantastic job promoting the TCU game a couple years ago, but I would like to see what a spirit organization that is backed by the AD can do for basketball. No signs of the Talons at basketball games, so hopefully the resurrected Pit Crew can do some good things.

right now we're goin without a sponsor... its all word of mouth. Hopefully someone will come up with something. And the talons are the ones that put up the 3 signs for the wendys promo. the pit crew will be a combination of all organizaitons, so it has awesome backing

3 whole signs you say? On such a shoestring budget no less. And did they happen to mention when they'll be showing up to the games?

3 whole signs you say?  On such a shoestring budget no less.  And did they happen to mention when they'll be showing up to the games?

Emmitt01, I think he means the 3 point signs that hang on the rails... not 3 signs...

Emmitt01, I think he means the 3 point signs that hang on the rails... not 3 signs...

Oh, I see. If that is in fact what he means then NO the Talons don't "do" those signs. The last game I went to myself and a friend of mine found them lying next to the railing and began putting them up ourselves every time we hit a 3.

Oh, I see.  If that is in fact what he means then NO the Talons don't "do" those signs.  The last game I went to myself and a friend of mine found them lying next to the railing and began putting them up ourselves every time we hit a 3.

Then i guess i was right next to you. I remember last year i had to do it some games. I have yet to see a talon at the games.

actually i was at the game.... sat right next to the uta fans and that crazy uta guy who thought he had magic powers when we were shooting free throws. i was a little late to the game cause i had a meeting, so no i didnt get the wigs

Let me guess, you missed the UTA game because of (class, exam the next day, party, concert, TV, forgot about it).  We got our green wigs; did you get yours?

actually i was at the game.... sat right next to the uta fans and that crazy uta guy who thought he had magic powers when we were shooting free throws. i was a little late to the game cause i had a meeting, so no i didnt get the wigs

Welcome friend. I am really glad to hear more students will be coming out. My daughter and I have not missed a home game this season! You must have been sitting right near us during the UTA game b/c I was right near that weird guy too. My brother also attended the UTA game with me. He & I were extremely loud on the yells, and we look alike to so may remember us. Anyhow, welcome to Mean Green land... great to have you on board.

Let me guess, you missed the UTA game because of (class, exam the next day, party, concert, TV, forgot about it).  We got our green wigs; did you get yours?

I think this was directed at me. Unfortunately, it's not an easy commute from Utah to make every North Texas basketball game.

for the pit crew will there ever be any meetings to help organize stuff, if not ill show up to that Jan 11 game and join that section

The premise of the original Pit Crew was there wasn't any meetings. You didn't have to participate in anything you didn't want to. No little cryptic traditions to uphold.

Just show up...wear your Pit Crew shirt...and yell like Hell.

If you wanted to help organize...you went to Whataburger on Ft. Worth Drive or Fry Street Tavern after the game and talked about what to do for the next game over a beer or a "Dub Delight". Guerilla game planning was the way it was done...bust your ass in the few days you had to piece something together.

Too much planning and organization and the Pit Crew will lose it's original purpose...to be the unorganized organization that anyone could be a part of...no strings attached.

Edited by JayDub