Something to really consider...

BIG DAWG

I have defended J-Mo all year with the poor o-line excuse...but the last few weeks other backs have made that excuse very weak at best.

I think that is very important to figure what we have with him...does he have the job next year? Do we recruit his replacement?

I know Robertson had an awesome game last night, but can he hold up over 12 games as the #1? My answer would be no. He is a great 3rd down change of pace guy that could step up and start a game or two if the #1 was hurt.

We need a freshman J-mo, and I am wondering if after all the injuries if we have a run of the mill back in J-mo now.

J-mao hasn't looked good all year long, and we thought it was just a bad line, but that has been disproved...against some of these Belt teams he hasn't been able to do crap, and these other guys have been putting up yds.

FLASH IN THE PAN? I think one could consider him and have a solid argument.

One could could chalk him up in the group of 100's of college football players that fall in that same category...ONE HIT WONDERS

Thoughts?

Last year, his lack of production was blamed on a lingering hammy and a gain in weight.

To me, the question would be "what sort of weight did he gain"? Was it muscle, like Ladanian Tomlinson gained during his TCU career, or the other kind. Gaining muscle doesn't slow RB's down.... unless it's excessive.

As to the "hammy". Ja-Mo set the NT single season rushing record with a bad hammy. He missed half of the Baylor game as well as all of the Ark St. game because of his bad hammy. When he wasn't missing games that year with his hammy, he was spending all his time on the sideline on the "cycle" because of the hammy.....yet he got 1800+ yards that year.

I may get flamed for this, but I would suggest that anyone with a DVD and/or tape of the 04 NO Bowl, might want to watch it over again. Before half-time Ja-Mo got a direct hit that was probably harder than any hit he had taken all year. At that point, the So Miss defense got their bluff in, and Ja-Mo didn't run the same the rest of the game.

IMHO, he hasn't run the same since.

If you still want to blame his lack of production on the hammy and/or conditioning, then we need to take a hard look at our conditioning coaches. Maybe they need to join DD in looking for another job.

I'm told that we have NO speed and agility program for the football players.

Edited by SilverEagle

I know Robertson had an awesome game last night, but can he hold up over 12 games as the #1?  My answer would be no.  He is a great 3rd down change of pace guy that could step up and start a game or two if the #1 was hurt.

The reason Robertson is running well vs J-mo is because Robertson is running with quickness, one cut and he is moving forward ( North & South) Thomas is running (East & West) when he touches the ball. JT runs 10 yards at a 20 degree angle and gains 1-2 actual yards. Defenses are catching him before he can make the turn at the corner.

Yes, Robertson is smallish but he is making the right decisions on the field. Maybe new coaches will help JT run with better technique.

The better back in practice & games should start next year actually that goes for all players. The best players should play no matter classification!

Jamario wasn't familiar with the offense during his freshman year. When a hole wasn't opem he'd usually rely on instinct and instantly bounce the play outside.

His only problem now is that he follows the gameplan much better.

Think how productive Woody was when he was improvising and we were hearing that he wasn't following the gameplan. What happened to his productivity as he conformed to the system?

Let's face facts, our opponents know our system as well as we do. It's when a variable is introduced that they get burned.

Jamario will do fine in 2007.