What is your gut feeling on how we will respond

calvin

----We win.... and don't care if it is ugly.... a win is a win and 10-20 years from no-one will know how pretty or ugly it was when looking at the final results.

----Even if you consider the FIU game ugly, you will remember that game forever... and what happened to them the following week at Miami.

Call me crazy but I have a feeling the team is going to play over their heads with extra emotion due to the Dickey heart thing. Much like the SMU game.

NT is going to beat ASU.

Will it translate beyond this Saturday?? I would have to say no. You can't help but wonder. Interesting few weeks coming up for us Boys and Girls. ph34r.gif

It was nice of Harry to open the board up to the special-ed class at Jonesboro High, but it really might be time to pull the plug. They are making UNTplaymakers' posts look like the work of Charles Dickens.

I almost forgot:

Go sTAINTe

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh damn! laugh.gifbiggrin.giflaugh.gif

I gotta go over to the asthma field after that.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick

you can make that rationalle on any game on any given day, so whats the point.  sure if this team plays like it did against SMU, then we can win.  Have you seen this team play anywhere close to that SMU game since then?

Good point. You really can't do the score comparison thing because football is an emotional game where 2 or 3 mistakes equal a blowout and it is really about matchups. Yes, if UNT plays like they did in their best game (SMU) and ASU plays like they did in their worst game (also SMU) then UNT wins easily.

If we really play this game the way some people do, then ASU is 24 points better than MTSU and 22 points better than UNT based on our score against FIU. See, it just doesn't work.

The Indians will walk all over NT 41-3 thats just a gut feeling! Onto rationale, well since its raining outside and your mascot is a color and our mascot lives in Jonesboro and the number of NT fans attending is approximately equal to the actual number of grads. I just hope its not snowing in Philidelphia or the mean green has this baby sealed up

Clarification:

Our mascot is "The Eagles."

Our nickname is "Mean Green."

Your mascot lives in Jonesboro?

user posted image

Glad I don't.

Attendance of NT fans equals NT's graduates?

Not that's original. Your combined enrollment isn't half of NT's. I think you offer 5 or 6 doctorial programs. Please don't start comparing academics. You don't want to be the recipient of another Grenade celebration.

Guest JohnDenver

http://www.washington.edu/tools/universities.html

Carnegie Doctoral/Research Universities-Extensive

The Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching classified the following universities as Doctoral/Research Universities-Extensive. These institutions typically offer a wide range of baccalaureate programs, and they are committed to graduate education through the doctorate. During the period studied, they awarded 50 or more doctoral degrees per year across at least 15 disciplines.

This list contains both public and private institutions.

Public Institutions, by State:

Arkansas

University of Arkansas Main Campus

Texas

Texas A&M University

Texas Tech University

University of Houston

University of North Texas

University of Texas at Arlington

University of Texas at Austin

My gut feeling? .....our oline is not good.

That said, this is asu. Coming here last year in a game they had to win to clinch the bowl game, they show up flat in the first half before their coaches got their heads out of their rears and just ran it up the middle (which we absolutely could not stop at all last year) for the second half.

Our defense is much improved this year. Provided we don't pull an Akron or MTSU and spot them a 14 pt lead in the first 5 minutes due to special teams blunders, we win.

Edited by TIgreen01

How'd you like the one last year?

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery!

Let's look at past results

2001: NT 45 ASU 0; NT goes to New Orleans

2002: NT 13 ASU 10; NT goes to New Orleans

2003: NT 58 ASU 14; Grenade Celebration #1; NT goes to New Orleans

2004: NT 31 ASU 7; Grenade Celebration #2; NT goes to New Orleans

2005: ASU 31 NT 24; ASU copies Grenade Celebration losing points for originality and gets to go to Lafayette.

Total Combined Scores Results:

NT 171-62

Grenade Celebrations NT 2 ASU 1 (deduction for lack of originality)

Bowl Games: NT 4 in New Orleans; ASU 1 in Lafayette. No disrespect towards Lafayette, but NT wins this in a landslide.

Bonus:

Sideline Mascot:

NT: Eagle

ASU: "Where's Waldo?"

Result: They speak for themselves.

I don't see why people think Ark state is so good this season. They got stomped by SMU and barely beat a horrible memphis team. Even if they do win, the realization will set in that they're still from arkansas- the s*** state no one cares about.

Here's a good question: If you graduate from Ark State what kind of job can you get in Arkansas? I know the assistant manager at walmart might be a possibility.

Call me crazy but I have a feeling the team is going to play over their heads with extra emotion due to the Dickey heart thing. Much like the SMU game.

NT is going to beat ASU.

Emotion / passion is what we need - players / coaches that is, this board has plenty of both.

Will it translate beyond this Saturday?? I would have to say no. You can't help but wonder. Interesting few weeks coming up for us Boys and Girls.  ph34r.gif

If the Cards can overcome their pitching woes to make the World Series -

Unt can overcome their qb problem to be bowl bound.

Hope your hungry, because you'll are about to eat everyone of those words when we stomp you. Due to all the classless jabs at both schools I will put in my two cents. How do you get a NT grad off your porch? You pay him for the pizza!

Don't forget to tip.