We Win, We Win

UNTLifer

Get over yourself. You're a fan or you're not. Calling a NT conference homecoming win a disgrace-- that answers that question.

I have been a fan for a long time and will continue to be, but DD's teams are a disgrace. There is too much talent on this team for them to play like this. I give the players credit, but this game is an embarassment. 7 overtimes and the final is 25-22? This will be the joke of Sports Center. You like that kind of publicity?

I have been a fan for a long time and will continue to be, but DD's teams are a disgrace.  There is too much talent on this team for them to play like this.  I give the players credit, but this game is an embarassment.  7 overtimes and the final is 25-22?  This will be the joke of Sports Center.  You like that kind of publicity?

We WON. Did you expect us to??? Is a win not a win, especially THIS year?

Q: What were the winning teams in the longest OT games in NCAA history?

A: Arkansas (right?) and North Texas.

Damn right I'll take it.

Give me a break - it took us 7 OT's to win at home, against a team that was 0-5 and you want a break from negativity.....that comment is not negativity, it was the truth - that game was a Disgrace.

You predicted:

FIU 24

NT 6

We won. We WON. Now, you're calling the game a "disgrace", despite a performance THREE TOUCHDOWNS BETTER than you expected.

Are you a NT fan?? If yes, then take a deep breath and ENJOY THIS.

Edited by CaribbeanGreen

I have been a fan for a long time and will continue to be, but DD's teams are a disgrace.  There is too much talent on this team for them to play like this.  I give the players credit, but this game is an embarassment.  7 overtimes and the final is 25-22?  This will be the joke of Sports Center.  You like that kind of publicity?

Hey, even if the story is offensive futility... I'd be happy to see featured highlights on Sportscenter for a North Texas victory.

And nobody, not even Mrs. Dickey, will point to this win as the response to Dickey critics. This win doesn't save ANYONE'S job if they were already on shaky ground.

But what about Strock? Given that they'll almost certainly go 0-8 at least... is he fired?

You predicted:

FIU 24

NT 6

We won.  We WON. Now, you're calling the game a "disgrace", despite a performance THREE TOUCHDOWNS BETTER than you expected.

Are you a NT fan?? If yes, then take a deep breath and ENJOY THIS.

3 Touchdowns better? And who scored our three TD's?

C'mon guys... read the post again.

GMG1999 predicted a 24-6 FIU win. We won by three. That means there was a 21 point differential in NT's favor from what GMG1999 EXPECTED to happen.... and he calls the NT win a disgrace.

There are often many ways to get to the same end result. Bottom line - Yes this was a win. No - it's nothing to feel good about.

C'mon guys... read the post again.

GMG1999 predicted a 24-6 FIU win. We won by three. That means there was a 21 point differential in NT's favor from what GMG1999 EXPECTED to happen.... and he calls the NT win a disgrace.

Wow, you're reaching for straws.

Defense and FIU's horrific play won this game.

We're officially in Buffalo U, Temple territory.

sad.gif

Didn't we knock out their starting QB in the fourth quarter?

I am happy for our players. Thats all.

It's our future that concerns me and right now it doesn't look good.

We need a change fast before time runs out. Fire Dickey and RF today.

15,000 for Homecoming? If we aren't careful we will backslide fast and everything RV has done to improve the game day atmosphere will be lost, maybe forever.

Remember, these were two of the worse teams playing in the worse D1A conference.

Wow, you're reaching for straws.

Defense and FIU's horrific play won this game.

We're officially in Buffalo U, Temple territory.

sad.gif

We may be working on next seasons OOC schedule already. Let's see, Buffalo, Temple, some obscure 1AA team; who else can we schedule? Utah St? No, they beat Fresno last night.

I'm happy that we won. I'm Not happy with the win. Everyone knows that this year is probably a total loss. Our offense didn't produce much tonight....AGAIN. But it still goes down as a W. There won't be an asterix in the record book that yes it was a Win, but they did it against an 0-5 FIU team, so it should count less.

THERE WILL BE NO NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP THIS YEAR FOR UNT!!!!! We have too many losses at this point. Now that we have that out of the way, lets support our team and quit with the negativity after a win. Wait until our next loss, then come on the board and talk about how bad we are.

I sat on the Student Side again with my family, and I'm VERY encouraged with the number of students still showing up after a 1-4 start. A win will help keep those students coming back. Maybe we'll have a decent crowd against La Tech?

We may be working on next seasons OOC schedule already.  Let's see, Buffalo, Temple, some obscure 1AA team;  who else can we schedule?  Utah St?  No, they beat Fresno last night.

How about renewing the rivalry with SFA? Surely we could beat them. The year before we came up to D1, we played Abiline Christian on a Thursday night at Fouts....lets see if we could line them up again. If we have one money game, along with those two and throw in Texans A&M Commerce, we should at the very least be 3-1 going into conference play shouldn't we?