Moving On

LongJim

Well, it was a tough loss to take last week, but I'm over it. Sort of.

Time to look toward F*U.

This week's game is going to tell a lot about where this football team is mentally, and maturity-wise. I'm really hoping that there will be some upperclassmen who step up and show some of the younger guys how to play to win.

No matter what anyone thinks of the coaching staff, at some point their responsibility ends and the leaders on the team have to step up, grab some facemasks, and show some of the youngsters what it takes to play at this level.

There are several who have been to bowls, and can really take it upon themselves to take the leadership role, and I'm hoping and expecting they will do that.

Maybe last week was the final wake-up call. This is a long season, and good things can happen for this team from here on out. mellow.gif

FIU has the 39th best defense overall.(MTSU is 11th).    And even though FIU is 79th against the run some feel they may have the best defensive line in the conference.

FIU lost to MTSU by one point.

I expect much of the same by NT but I'll be there non the less.

Rick

I can't imagine this teams loses this week like they did last week, at homecoming. I have been wrong before, but I don't think it will be as nearly as bad as last week.

FIU has the 39th best defense overall.(MTSU is 11th).    And even though FIU is 79th against the run some feel they may have the best defensive line in the conference.

FIU lost to MTSU by one point.

I expect much of the same by NT but I'll be there non the less.

Rick

Besides the Ark State game FIU has also played some very good teams to the very end. FIU could very easily be 4-1 or 3-2 right now. A look at their close games:

Lost to MUTS 7-6

Lost to South Florida 21-20

Lost to bowling green 28-33 (I think this one came down to the last few plays where bowling green scored)

Lost to Maryland 14-10

I know its homecoming, but I seriously doubt we win Saturday.

Now can someone explain to me why a program located in texas that has been to 4 bowl games recently can't out recruit and outplay a young program that just entered DIA??? Looking at our past winning history, we should have been able to out recruit these guys to where we can stomp them.

Edited by Mean'n'Green07

I thought we could win against Tulsa, in fact we were in the game through the third Quarter.  I didn't think we could beat SMU, and I thought we would manhandle MTSU, so it's anyones guess which team will show up on Saturday.

Well, a good performance one out of five games is 20%. That means there's an 80% chance the crappy team will show up this Saturday. Let's just hope FIU is worse. Instead the old saying "may the best team win" I think "may the worst team lose" is more appropriate.

Besides the Ark State game FIU has also played some very good teams to the very end. FIU could very easily be 4-1 or 3-2 right now. A look at their close games:

Lost to MUTS 7-6

Lost to South Florida 21-20

Lost to bowling green 28-33 (I think this one came down to the last few plays where bowling green scored)

Lost to Maryland 14-10

I know its homecoming, but I seriously doubt we win Saturday.

Now can someone explain to me why a program located in texas that has been to 4 bowl games recently can't out recruit and outplay a young program that just entered DIA??? Looking at our past winning history, we should have been able to out recruit these guys to where we can stomp them.

I don't think we win either, and we are getting out recruited because our coaches got complacent and didn't work at it. To quote one of my favorite movie lines "Chance favors the prepared mind". In other words hard work helps you to get lucky. We all know what we need and unfortunately I am going to beat it to death until it happens.

1. Recruiting class 2005 108th in the country

2. Offense 2006 Last or next to last in the country

3. Rank 2005 Last in the Sun Belt

4. Rank in 2006 tied for last in the Sun Belt right now.

This is a results oriented world folks. Just let the results speak for themselves and it will be obvious what needs to be done. No more excuses, no more pity parties, just be a man and own up to your results. Coaching is a job just like fire fighting, police work, banker, lawyer, sales etc.... Everyone is accountable for their actions, why not Darrel Dickey?

I can't imagine this teams loses this week like they did last week, at homecoming.  I have been wrong before, but I don't think it will be as nearly as bad as last week.

Yeah, I mean how pathetic would it be to blow a homecoming game to a team you should beat right after suffering a humiliating loss the week before?

Sincerely,

Michigan State

Edited by Eagle1855

Well, it was a tough loss to take last week, but I'm over it.  Sort of.

Time to look toward F*U. 

This week's game is going to tell a lot about where this football team is mentally, and maturity-wise.  I'm really hoping that there will be some upperclassmen who step up and show some of the younger guys how to play to win.

No matter what anyone thinks of the coaching staff, at some point their responsibility ends and the leaders on the team have to step up, grab some facemasks, and show some of the youngsters what it takes to play at this level. 

There are several who have been to bowls, and can really take it upon themselves to take the leadership role, and I'm hoping and expecting they will do that.

Maybe last week was the final wake-up call.  This is a long season, and good things can happen for this team from here on out.  mellow.gif

I'll be Lancaster watching OU whip tU's Arse. The team and coaching staff don't show up. Why should I make the 2 1/2 hour round trip to watch a team that doesn't give a crap?

LongJim, good post. You make some very valid points, however I think they were overlooked by those replying.

A tradition was started with that first SBC conference title and bowl appearance. The seniors need to find their passion for the game again. THEY carry as much responsibility to motivate the younger players as the coaches.

Senior leadership is greatly needed right now.

This is the last year for the senior players to have the opportunity to

'LEAVE IT ALL ON THE FIELD'

Play with passion - only then, years from now, will you be able to look back at your playing days at UNT with no regrets.

Seriously, has anyone noticed the way that sometimes Jamario plays grab ass on the sideline when the defense is in?  I saw him popping other players with towels in the Tulsa game and in the MTSU game.

That's not good. Now, if he was popping DD, that's a different story.

Keith