UNT enrollment for 2006

Stan R

Houston (2005, minus "Special Professional" and Center #s): 33227

UNT (2006, minus "Special Professional" and Center #s): 33550

Houston (2005, all inclusive (under, grad, and doctor plus law and medicine)): 35180

UNT (2006& 2005, all inclusive (U,G & D plus HSC and Dallas center)): 36134

So it's in Houston's court. Did they increase enrollment by 1000? Only time will tell.

*Note that UH includes law in its final numbers, I have included the HSC for the same reason.

Guest GrayEagleOne

Houston (2005, minus "Special Professional" and Center #s): 33227

UNT (2006, minus "Special Professional" and Center #s): 33550

Houston (2005, all inclusive (under, grad, and doctor plus law and medicine)): 35180

UNT (2006& 2005, all inclusive (U,G & D plus HSC and Dallas center)): 36134

So it's in Houston's court. Did they increase enrollment by 1000? Only time will tell.

*Note that UH includes law in its final numbers, I have included the HSC for the same reason.

Well, if you're going to include Dalllas Center and the HSC then what about Houston campuses in downtown Houston, Clear Lake, and Victoria?

Guest JohnDenver

Well, if you're going to include Dalllas Center and the HSC then what about Houston campuses in downtown Houston, Clear Lake, and Victoria?

I believe those already are included in their stats...

The Downtown, Clear Lake and Victoria campuses are all seperate and distinct campuses in the UH system. The Dallas campus is actually just a "center" (akin to SMU's "center" in Legacy) and until it becomes a seperate entity it is included in UNT's "expanded" enrollment. The HSC is a "Special Professional" school as is UH's Medical arm (Opthamology at UNT vs. Optometery at UH), an since UH includes 'em in their numbers, I did the same.

One of the big signs was the number of freshman orientation sessions...it seemed like it was almost every 2 weeks this summer all summer.

For the past several years, they've had 8 orientation sessions per summer. The tell-tale sign is that the number of students attending these orientations is increasing.

The Student Orientation offices do an excellent job of getting students excited about NT. A few weeks before school began, my husband and I were walking around Vista Ridge Mall in Lewisville, wearing NT shirts. We had 3 different kids stop us and ask about North Texas. They said they were incoming freshmen this fall. It's very encouraging to see all the spirit in these new students.

---Things are lot different since the break-up of the SWC and the recent successes of our football program..... It even helps for us to be playing "name" programs and former SWC teams... even if we get blown out at times. We were mentioned a lot on TV last Saturday prior to the UT/ OSU game and our name showed up a lot on the screen on the helmets and jerseys shown during highlights.

---It reminds me of the old saying : "I don't care what you say about me, just spell the name correctly".

--- Statewide we are no longer put in the box with East Texas, Stephen F., Sam Houston, and some of the others..... our name recognition has really improved outside of the metroplex.

---As for enrollement size I would just say that Houston and NT are almost identical in size and 3rd largest behind A&M and UT. The question now seems to be which semester and how do you count the enrollment, entension classes etc.??? It appearrs that we more students on the main campus than they do but they may have a few 100 more if you count remote campuses.

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66