Who will be the starting QB against SMU?

OldTimer

I don't know what Meager might have that would make DD want to start him..... Woody has prooven that he is fleet of foot if/when the line breaks down and he can throw accurately on the run. He also seemed to exude more confidence than Phillips who seemed flustered when he was in the game.

WOODY -- WOODY -- WOODY!!!

Woody you would think has got to be the man.

Whoever it is, it can't be Phillips. He has ZERO mobility, and ALWAYS holds on to the ball WAY to long. If he isn't throwing the deep ball, he is ineffective.

Be ready to see Meager when he gets healthy, but Wilson is not going away

Wilson will be taking every snap come conference time, and maybe earlier.

I will be the first to say I am Meager guy, but Woody Wilson is winning me over, and with a solid performance against SMU will have me in his corner completely.

Woody is what this team needs.

Also...did anyone see him try to protact himself a little more against Texas, or was it just me? It seemed that when he could protect himself he did. He did take some hellacious hits, but it seemed as though he was better about not taking them every time he ran with the ball.

---Wilson longed pretty good once he got settled in. His mobility helped against the Horns....... against a lesser opponent Philips might do alright as well... Most of his passes were very good and obviously can throw long as well. No comment on Meager..... he had his chance last year and we won two. It is not all about ability but also about leadership and confidence by his teammates.

Going in to the season I wanted Phillips to start, but after yesterday Wilson is my guy. He just brings something to the table that the other two don't, a threat to run. I like how he was rolling out yesterday and keeping the defense on their toes. We need a mobile QB against SMU, their defensive line was getting good pressure on Techs QB last night.

Going in to the season I wanted Phillips to start, but after yesterday Wilson is my guy.  He just brings something to the table that the other two don't, a threat to run.  I like how he was rolling out yesterday and keeping the defense on their toes.  We need a mobile QB against SMU, their defensive line was getting good pressure on Techs QB last night.

I feel the same. If you go by Dickey's standard (who moves the chains and scores) then it has to be Woody. Phillips and Meager both have their strengths, but Woody has an extra dimension that we need.

I feel the same. If you go by Dickey's standard (who moves the chains and scores) then it has to be Woody. Phillips and Meager both have their strengths, but Woody has an extra dimension that we need.

Another reason to choose Woody. He is exciting and will bring excitement to our game. We desperately need someone to stir up both the team and the fans. I see Wilson as capable of doing that. Even if he makes mistakes from inexperience in 1-A, he will be entertaining.

So I implore Dickey. Let's be daring and bring some excitement to the fans and the game and see where that leads us. I have leaned towards both Meager and Phillips in the past, but now we need to go with Woody.

Did I read that someone is "Meager guy"?? On what basis do you make judgments on who you root for? Is he your brother or cousin or something? I don' mean to call someone out for liking a mean green player, but sheeeezzz what did Meager do last year that warrants strong supportership?

Woody you would think has got to be the man.

Whoever it is, it can't be Phillips.  He has ZERO mobility, and ALWAYS holds on to the ball WAY to long.  If he isn't throwing the deep ball, he is ineffective.

Be ready to see Meager when he gets healthy, but Wilson is not going away

Wilson will be taking every snap come conference time, and maybe earlier.

I will be the first to say I am Meager guy, but Woody Wilson is winning me over, and with a solid performance against SMU will have me in his corner completely.

Woody is what this team needs.

Also...did anyone see him try to protact himself a little more against Texas, or was it just me?  It seemed that when he could protect himself he did.  He did take some hellacious hits, but it seemed as though he was better about not taking them every time he ran with the ball.

I was going to comment as well, but this is exactly what I would say. I also agreed with whoever said WW had A LOT more confidence (comfidence, for the ASU fan! tongue.gif ) than MP. WW is more mobile, more confident, decent passing...the better option all around. I was actually kind of excited watching him in there.

Does anyone know...who does the team prefer????